Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 5 lug swap on a '92 fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5 lug swap on a '92 fox
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After a year od talking about it I am finally going to do it Hahah!

Does someone know of a write up to do the 5 lug swap on my fox.

And if there isn't a list of parts needed, that as well.

Thank you in advance!

Charles [patriot]

[ 2017-08-29, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The very first thing you need to know is what wheels you intend to run, specifically width.
The second is your budget and what parts you want (ie. New/junkyard,refurbished)
The front is easy, 94/95 spindles and either 99-04 V6/Gt 11" pbr dual piston calipers or Cobra 13" (didn't mention 94-98 calipers as they are single piston cast iron)
For the front you will need the 94/95 spindles and either ball joint spacers or replace ball joints with sn95 ball joints. Calipers, with either stock hoses and Weatherhead 7828 adapter for passenger side hose to metal line adaption or recommended MaximumMotor sports conversion steel braided hoses.
For the rear disc or drum ?
For quick drum conversion 2 left Ranger axles and drums.
For disc I always recommend NorthRaceCars rear axle and bracket kit to keep fox width (important if running wide wheels in rear), these axles also have the correct hub diameter to center the brake rotor on axle.

I have some extremely nice front conversion parts such as refurbished 94/95 spindles and Cobra front brake packages.

[ 2017-08-30, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: MUSTTANGUY ]

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MUSTTANGUY:
The very first thing you need to know is what wheels you intend to run, specifically width.
The second is your budget and what parts you want (ie. New/junkyard,refurbished)
The front is easy, 94/95 spindles and either 99-04 V6/Gt 11" pbr dual piston calipers or Cobra 13" (didn't mention 94-98 calipers as they are single piston cast iron)
For the front you will need the 94/95 spindles and either ball joint spacers or replace ball joints with sn95 ball joints. Calipers, with either stock hoses and Weatherhead 7828 adapter for passenger side hose to metal line adaption or recommended MaximumMotor sports conversion steel braided hoses.
For the rear disc or drum ?
For quick drum conversion 2 left Ranger axles and drums.
For disc I always recommend NorthRaceCars rear axle and bracket kit to keep fox width (important if running wide wheels in rear), these axles also have the correct hub diameter to center the brake rotor on axle.

I have some extremely nice front conversion parts such as refurbished 94/95 spindles and Cobra front brake packages.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about. I used a cobra rear end on my fox so I had to change my axles/brake brackets(for fox width) and change my master cylinder and brake booster. I actually bought my front spindles off of him and they are nothing short of perfect condition.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got mine done like 3 months ago.
94-95 Spindles
99-04 PBR calipers
99-04 Rotors
94-95 Ball joints
MM Stainless brake lines to 87-93 into 99-04 calipers
Brake fluid
Ranger axels
LMR 5 lug drums
Gear oil
Gasket cover

More
MM tapers bumper steer
Energy suspension Links
Eibach Sports lines
Eibach Pro dampers sturts and shocks
SVE CC plates
Need to get alignment
Fr500 black chrome 18x10 all the way around rubs in front

Info don't strip the brake fitting make sure you heat them up because I didn't and bought brake wrenches still stripped. Pain in the ass but got it done.
You going to need a ball joint seperater (pickle fork) and a ball joint removal tool from autozone.

Only thing I'm not getting fluid in the drums. Pump them nothing. Probably going to tow it to my school and use the air brake fluid tool to see if fluid comes out. Suspension is going to get alighnment as well. May be it needs wheel cylinders.

My cost around 2k with everything above. Rims and tires were pricey.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
93 interceptor
¯
Member # 9457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 interceptor  Ford pictures for 93 interceptor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everything you need to know is in the link below. It helped me when I converted to 5 lug.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150221063351/http://home.comcast.net:80/~mjbobbitt/mustang/page6.html

--------------------
1993 Ex-chp
" Drive it till da wheels FALL OFF and then SOME!!!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com