Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » whats good (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: whats good
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats goin on folks?!

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's up Abdul. This place is dead nowadays. They want this forum to change(I'm assuming) but don't want to help bring it back. They just rather sit there and stare/read our replies. You still got your fox?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow really? that sucks...all the trolls killed the site unfortunately. i dont have a fox at the moment. might be looking to purchase one in a few months.

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 0089GT:
wow really? that sucks...all the trolls killed the site unfortunately. i dont have a fox at the moment. might be looking to purchase one in a few months.

Yeah I know I remember I could go on lunch and come back and there's a gang of replies. Now it seems like I'm here talking to myself. lol
Good luck with that one, people think straight buckets are "wet" with 4 different fucking colors running like shit with a rats nest of wires for like $6k.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to make a thread about how dead it is in here a few months ago but didn't think I would get many replies....
I remember posting shit in the for sale section and a few hours later it was on the 3rd page. The same shit has been in general talk for months. Facebook groups take over?

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its a shame seeing a once thriving active community being reduced to absolutely nothing.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Its a shame seeing a once thriving active community being reduced to absolutely nothing.

That's because all the gays now have Facebook, Snapchat, instagram, twitter and what ever the hell else all these people waste their life with.
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:

That's because all the gays now have Facebook, Snapchat, instagram, twitter and what ever the hell else all these people waste their life with.
Truth. I also think the "older" car enthusiasts have moved on to other facets of their life where socializing amongst car folks isn't a priority (family or sounder financial decisions). The "new era" car enthusiasts begin in a different world, one in which the F&F franchise shaped their views or social media allows them to use it as a source of...ego, macho-ness, showing off, stunnin', exuding their dollaz, etc. Long gone are the days of those of us who at 7 years old would love getting dragged to the grocery store because we would spend the entire time in the magazine aisle perusing through the car magazines. I knew the displacement of the LS1 was 5667cc or 346ci and not a 350 before I was even in 7th grade hahah.

[ 2017-08-01, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

Yeah I know I remember I could go on lunch and come back and there's a gang of replies. Now it seems like I'm here talking to myself. lol
Good luck with that one, people think straight buckets are "wet" with 4 different fucking colors running like shit with a rats nest of wires for like $6k.

ive actually been looking on autotrader and sites like that, they are not modded and usually one or 2 owners price is a bit more but the quality is a bit higher.. i think the site is dead because there was a good year were there was a bunch of rude people and theives.. maybe the mods can make a mobile app. for the new age
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
wow really? that sucks...all the trolls killed the site unfortunately.

Okay troll. Go back to paying off your student loan debt and getting your money back from Turbo 50.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
I was going to make a thread about how dead it is in here a few months ago but didn't think I would get many replies....
I remember posting shit in the for sale section and a few hours later it was on the 3rd page. The same shit has been in general talk for months. Facebook groups take over?

Honestly I'm on the Facebook edition one but I kinda don't like it. A lot of people on there who really don't know what they're talking about and all love overpriced buckets. Just be glad a lot of those people aren't on here. Good to see people finally said something on here. [Cool]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
wow really? that sucks...all the trolls killed the site unfortunately.

Okay troll. Go back to paying off your student loan debt and getting your money back from Turbo 50.
i received a scholarship so no loans. and not trippen about my money from dan..his life sucks enough and karma will prolly get him back later

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

quote:
quote:

Honestly I'm on the Facebook edition one but I kinda don't like it. A lot of people on there who really don't know what they're talking about and all love overpriced buckets. Just be glad a lot of those people aren't on here. Good to see people finally said something on here. [Cool]
what is the facebook edition?

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:

what is the facebook edition?
It's just a group that someone made on facebook and named it California Fords. It's not worth checking out IMO. I'm just on there to sell my parts and to laugh. Only active Ford page I can find online locally.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

You're a big reason the site lost many members, stop kidding yourself.... The games you resorted to after being the one to start poking the bear....
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Truth. I also think the "older" car enthusiasts have moved on to other facets of their life where socializing amongst car folks isn't a priority (family or sounder financial decisions). The "new era" car enthusiasts begin in a different world, one in which the F&F franchise shaped their views or social media allows them to use it as a source of...ego, macho-ness, showing off, stunnin', exuding their dollaz, etc.

This is one of the best posts I've read here. Sharp analysis. Isn't it a good thing the showing off, stunning, exuding their dollars, etc folks are on social media instead of here? What is the best balance?

The community has shown to be good at identifying the problem. What do you fellas think is the solution? Many people whom complain about a lack of posts rarely post themselves.

I for one won't blame others for the shortcomings of a community, unless I put in some of my own elbow grease to bring about positive change first.

[ 2017-08-02, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:

Truth. I also think the "older" car enthusiasts have moved on to other facets of their life where socializing amongst car folks isn't a priority (family or sounder financial decisions). The "new era" car enthusiasts begin in a different world, one in which the F&F franchise shaped their views or social media allows them to use it as a source of...ego, macho-ness, showing off, stunnin', exuding their dollaz, etc. Long gone are the days of those of us who at 7 years old would love getting dragged to the grocery store because we would spend the entire time in the magazine aisle perusing through the car magazines. I knew the displacement of the LS1 was 5667cc or 346ci and not a 350 before I was even in 7th grade hahah.
Yeah I know what you mean, that's how I feel all these LS owners are once they buy one on here.... Too good for everyone because they don't own an expensive chevy with the same motor they've been putting in their cars from '97. On that note, how many people on here still own Mustangs?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

So the police are allowed to whoop our asses now? [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i blame car thieves and trap music

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn0s:
quote:

You're a big reason the site lost many members, stop kidding yourself.... The games you resorted to after being the one to start poking the bear....
you are not a bear you are a donkey

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
i blame car thieves and trap music

But all the thieves are on facebook and social media, not here. Facebook groups are where the crooks are. Just read what many of those people say and how they write.

People said it's dead here. Same people that only post to say it's dead and no one posts. Can someone link to a post containing thieves and crooked sounding people? Must be many years old.

In this life if you want change, you have to work for it. No one is going to give it to you.

[patriot]

[ 2017-08-03, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Martinna ]

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PC, Sideshows, Thieves, and Dumbasses killed this site☆☆☆

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Football is back! I'm ready for regular season to kick off for some fantasy football and fan duel! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

steeters
¯
Member # 14324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for steeters  Ford pictures for steeters    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's interesting to read this thread. I've been visiting this site for a long time. Recently started posting as a member.

I'm no expert so I can't necessarily help others. So I come here to learn, and about two years ago to shop for a car.

I ended up getting a car and I'm pretty excited about it. It doesn't seem like people post up pictures of their cars or projects, and there's got to be a lot of stuff going on.

I was previously into American Motors cars and that was the first thing you'd do if you bought a new car, post up some pictures.

I've enjoyed watching other people's progress online, especially when I was between projects myself. I know people come here for parts a lot, but I think projects updates and pics would go a long way toward bringing back interest.

Maybe get the mods to add a "projects" section?

--------------------
Steve

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by steeters:
It's interesting to read this thread. I've been visiting this site for a long time. Recently started posting as a member.

I'm no expert so I can't necessarily help others. So I come here to learn, and about two years ago to shop for a car.

I ended up getting a car and I'm pretty excited about it. It doesn't seem like people post up pictures of their cars or projects, and there's got to be a lot of stuff going on.

I was previously into American Motors cars and that was the first thing you'd do if you bought a new car, post up some pictures.

I've enjoyed watching other people's progress online, especially when I was between projects myself. I know people come here for parts a lot, but I think projects updates and pics would go a long way toward bringing back interest.

Maybe get the mods to add a "projects" section?

Welcome to CAFords, I run this! [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com