Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Where are all the Cafords stock market investors? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where are all the Cafords stock market investors?
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oct 2018 for the correction unless rocket man is positioned in something that makes it more worthwhile to shoot off more fireworks

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are we getting closer to a correction?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://youtu.be/zjUf4qzkW4Y

My TVIX,UVXY & VXX are looking real good right now.

Going to buy some XIV/SVXY for dirt cheap.
JACKED TO THE TITS!!!!!!! RIGHT NOW.

BRING ON THE BEAR MARKET.

PEOLPLE ARE GETTING MARGIN CALLED AS I TYPE THIS.

THE BUBBLE IS FINALLY POPPING!!!!!

--------------------

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Investors are being tested. Media is fanning the flames and people who don't normally screw with their portfolios are probably making moves instead of holding steady and changing their buys to more stable stocks.

The weak stomachs are getting shook.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The market just bounced back up though.
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TVIX showing -40% today, lol.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

It did. It's a good thing I took some profits LOL.

Can't believe the bubble hasn't popped all the way. We need so w kind of reality check in the stock market.

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any bitcoin or cryptocurrency investors here?

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, some of us have been talking about crypto for a while. It's the only chance we have against those wallstreet Goldman Sachs type crooks.
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Let's see those VIX profits!!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/11/wall-streets-fear-gauge-hits-its-highest-level-since-february-as-stock-selling-accelerates.html

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Do you believe VIX is the same as risk? If you do, then more risk resulting in more reward should be expected.

Crypto currencies have tumbled. Bitcoin is dated old technology compared to other currencies that have come out. If you want high risk high reward, invest in crypto currencies but not dated and government surveyed bitcoin.

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

More for any stock that is betting for a major pullback/correction.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

I have bought and sold a lot lately. Still holding some UVXY,TVIX for a correction.

Holding RGR & AOBC from back in Feb when they tanked in price. Plan on holding yhese at least till next Feb to avoid higher capital gains taxes.

I bought some American Steel stock. In the event we do go forward with American projects that require a lot of steel. So far that one is in the red.... Holding for a few years to see what happens.

I still feel like a correction could happen before mid terms. We will see. It can't keep going up without aome kind of correction.
Just my .02

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

That was good forward thinking with buying USA steel. The success of American steel depends on tariffs. Tariffs often provide short term benefits that aren't worth the long term negatives.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Friendly stock market info of the day. I loaded up on some PG&E stock.( ticker PCG )

Investors are freaking out about them being blamed for the fire. Ca isn't going to allow a utility company to go under IMHO. Stock was trading around 50 bucks a week ago and I picked some up for about 24 bucks a share. Mind you prior to the San Bruno fire, PG&E paid a very nice div... I'm banking on the price to go back up in about a year and holding for a few yers to reinvest those dividends down the road.

Just thought I'd throw that out there to anyone on the fence about buying some utility stock during the panic. [patriot]

Still buying and selling vix stuff and doing okay with it. Waiting to see if the market tanks hard and going long on some SVXY when it gets cheap again. I held some of that after the feb meltdown of the XIV & SVXY eft/etns.

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Who do you use and what are their transaction fees like?
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are any of you picking up shipping company stock? $DCIX or others?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Not short term. Shipping companies are for long term investments.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
Who do you use and what are their transaction fees like?

Honestly I only use Vanguard for retirement and brokerage accounts at this time. Thinking aboit opening up one with a dedicated trading platform. Vanguard is better for long term investments. There fee for stocks and etf is 7.00 per trade. So when I do buy. I buy a decent amount. I am not ready to trade options on margin yet. So I don't fool around with that stuff.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com