Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Going To Be A Long 42 Days (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Going To Be A Long 42 Days
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool man, going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully it gets to you with enough summer left to enjoy it. We live about 15mins from the Flat Rock plant, giant place, didn't know they made the Rs there.

Phil

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I just have a buddy that works at the plant and has been keeping me updated.

Once the R is built it goes to a modification shop to get the wing, carbon fiber wheels, and stripes added. The front splitter won't get installed until it gets to the dealer since it is too low for the transport truck/train

Are you going to track it?If so, drag or autocross?

[ 2017-06-21, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:

Once the R is built it goes to a modification shop to get the wing, carbon fiber wheels, and stripes added. The front splitter won't get installed until it gets to the dealer since it is too low for the transport truck/train

Yeah I plan to track it. The car doesn't have the tire or gearing for the drag strip. Conversely the gearing is too tall for short autocross courses.

I will plan to take it out to Sonoma and Thunder Hill this year. The Shelby mini-nationals are at Sonoma, and it looks Iike we might have a private track day at Thunder Hill in October. Going back to Utah in July to race at the Ford Performance school.

You ever take yours out on the track or are you keeping it setup for the strip.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Congrats on the ride baller. I'll most likely never own one but I really want to own the motor and drop it in my fox. [dance]

never doubt yourself, youngling.

nice frickin whip!

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Congrats on the ride baller. I'll most likely never own one but I really want to own the motor and drop it in my fox. [dance]

never doubt yourself, youngling.

nice frickin whip!

Not doubting myself. I'm more of a fan on the performance of these cars over the looks. So 50 Deep if you part out I got dibs on the motor [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I plan to track it. The car doesn't have the tire or gearing for the drag strip. Conversely the gearing is too tall for short autocross courses.

I will plan to take it out to Sonoma and Thunder Hill this year. The Shelby mini-nationals are at Sonoma, and it looks Iike we might have a private track day at Thunder Hill in October. Going back to Utah in July to race at the Ford Performance school.

That thing sits in the garage 90% of the time. I mostly drive the CTS-V. I plan on getting something else next year. maybe a new zl1 or ATS-V not sure yet. If I get a new ZL1 I will probably take it to the track. I heard they handle great!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That thing sits in the garage 90% of the time. I mostly drive the CTS-V. I plan on getting something else next year. maybe a new zl1 or ATS-V not sure yet. If I get a new ZL1 I will probably take it to the track. I heard they handle great!
If you are looking that route see if you can snag up the ZL1 1LE. It just posted an impressive time at the Nurburgring. Plus you can get the Chevys with all kinds of rebates and stuff. They give them things away . When I see that car it just doesn't excite me like the R, but can't argue with its performance

By next year you should also know what the next GTXXX is coming from Ford

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Finally Home.... Need to post some pics

[ 2017-07-25, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[burnout]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Finally Home.... Need to post some pics

Let's see these pics already!

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

-
 -

--------------------

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gorgeous!
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beautiful whip man!

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Absolutely stunning!!!

Congrats!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Thanks fellas. 779 miles now. First oil change once it comes back from detailing and then enjoy

--------------------

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! Would love to have an R!

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice Ride!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
Nice! Would love to have an R!

Oh the secrets we keep [Razz]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Nice Ride!

Dude! Glad to see you are doing well and stepped into the Shelby game. Hit me up sometime brother!

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com