Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Construction bid's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Construction bid's
El Caballo
¯
Member # 6355

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for El Caballo  Ford pictures for El Caballo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know you have to build relationships between you and the GC to have more %of you getting that project but Any of you here is a project manager or sub/contractor in California?

If so, how did you Get your first bid?

--------------------
..Bottled Ls6 C4 In Progress..
..slow 08 silverado...
..SVT4Ls7-rip...
: RevengE Is ThE SweetesT MothA F@kN TastE!!!

eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to leave my card on the driver door of general contractors at Home depot. Got a few calls off that. See if there are any Craigslist "labor gig" posted for whatever you do. Flakiness is the biggest problem with subs these days.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a PM in Sacramento area for commercial construction. I generally will pass over the sub proposals that are not detailed and just say "per plans and specs"

I like to see what is being covered and excluded from your proposal. I can tell you most of us get used to using the same subs and are a little shy of trying new ones out, something I need to work on myself.

What is your trade? Commercial or Residential?

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by El Caballo:
I know you have to build relationships between you and the GC to have more %of you getting that project but Any of you here is a project manager or sub/contractor in California?

If so, how did you Get your first bid?

Not sure what type of work you do, but websites like BPexpress will advertise jobs and you could just look at what work is out there.

If you don't meet the requirements to bid the work as the general you could always attend a pre bid meeting and network with generals who are looking at bidding the job.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com