Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » No smog county!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: No smog county!
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dad just bought property at Lake Tulloch and according to the DMV website the zip code that his property is in only requires smog when you change ownership. Some one please correct me of I am wrong, but if I change my address to his lake property I will not have to smog my car every two years unless I sell it, right?

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
correct no bi annual smogs needed, you dont need to even change your physical address just that of where the car is primarily stored if i remeber correct.
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is what my friend told me as well.

Thank you SHOTIME!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats!
Yes. Its calaveras county and you are correct.
No smog.
What subdivision/area did he buy in?

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you scored! my uncle lives in Amador county and I had my old foxbody reg up there. not cats, no smog pump, and hogged-out heads with no smog ftw!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

I am so stoked! Haha

My dad bought property in Copperopolis! He found some property there and he jumped on it! I was telling him about it last night and he is excited as well because he has a Chevy Duramax. The same goes for Diesels right, no smog?

Dude, I can take all that smog crap off my car now and not have to worry about it! This feels awesome!

How does it work with my curent car, taurus, not the mustang? The mustang passed the sniffer last year. I need to have it smogged but i need new o2 sensors before it will pass. I have not taken it to the shop yet but i know it needs sensors. Do I just change the address for the registration and they will tell me I don't have to smog it?

Charles [patriot]

--------------------

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would still be careful, just because that county doesn't have smog, this doesn't mean your car is exempt from smog laws on the road in other counties. For example if you got pulled over for some reason or roadside smog in another county they could still ding you. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please? Not trying to rain on your party, just don't want you to get blind sided!!

--------------------
Jesus is king!

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
I would still be careful, just because that county doesn't have smog, this doesn't mean your car is exempt from smog laws on the road in other counties. For example if you got pulled over for some reason or roadside smog in another county they could still ding you. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong please? Not trying to rain on your party, just don't want you to get blind sided!!

Absolutely correct. It is a federal crime to tamper or remove emissions equipment from a motor vehicle. It carries a $2,500 fine

http://itepsrv1.itep.nau.edu/itep_course_downloads/~GeneralAQInfo/Pollutants_Sources_Controls/Mobile%20Sources/DontTamper_EmissionControls.pdf

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please register your hotrods in the gray counties listed on this map http://smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/Program_Map.pdf Avoid orange ones. The gray counties only require smog when you change ownership.

The less timing you run, the lower your HC and NOx numbers will be. Just under 20 degrees timing total will pass the sniffer on most cars. If you can't tune your EEC, you must set your base timing to 7 degrees for the test.

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[burnout]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com