Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Question about selling a car or truck

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about selling a car or truck
SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey what's up Cafords,I'm thinking about selling my truck (03 f150 Harley Davidson)and I would like to know what would be the best and safest way to do the transaction,I've heard about cashier checks or is there any other way?for those of you that have sold cars of more than $15k let me know how you did it thanks in advance

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cash or bank check that you can cash at the buyers bank and meet them there. Then you turn the cash to a bank check.

Never accept a payment plan, if they mama won't let them borrow money why should you?

[ 2016-09-29, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meet at there bank, if they are serious then they shouldn't mind.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
definitely in the bank. if its cash or check, let the bank teller validate it (especially the counterfeit cash) and make the deposit.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Evrytime I sold something over 10k I went to my bank or buyers bank. For those transactions it was done at the bank because they were financing. When I sold my 07 ZX6R I preferred cash but the buyer had to finance and I took myself and the bike to them for an extra 100 on the sell price. That was the only thing I sold for less than 10k that did involved the bank.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.beepi.com www.shift.com

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool thanks guys,I heard some good things about Carmax does anyone have experience with them?

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cold hard cash is obviously king. You can do a cashiers check from them as long as it clears when you go to the bank to do the transaction. They can tell you right then and there if its good. You can also do a bank to bank wire transfer from their account to yours. There is a clearing process time. If you do this method i would not release the vehicle until the funds have cleared into your account which i believe is 24hrs.
88coupe
¯
Member # 7719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88coupe  Ford pictures for 88coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of times cashiers check takes time to clear and the person who purchased cashier check can cancel it, cash at the bank is the way to go
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeForce:
Cool thanks guys,I heard some good things about Carmax does anyone have experience with them?

they'll just offer you blue book trade in value unless there's items that need to be replaced or repaired (tires/brakes/etc).

That would be my last resort if you're in a rush. It's higher than a dealer will offer in my experience, but not by much. And not as much as you'd get by using beepi or shift

[ 2016-10-06, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you or anyone actually used beepi or shift before? What was the experience like if so ?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com