Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car accident insurance dilemma

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car accident insurance dilemma
Blown_gt
¯
Member # 10698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown_gt  Ford pictures for Blown_gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My vehicle was in a car accident I feel like it should've been considered a total loss my insurance wants to fix my vehicle is there any chance I don't have to accept their decision I feel like there is too much damage to the vehicle to not be a total loss or can I hire my own appraiser
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get your own estimates along with estimated value from various sources. you'll likely have to go back and forth with the adjuster to settle on a outcome.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes you have every right to have your own shop give an estimate, how ever know this body shops make no money off of estimating the damages out high enough for it to be a total loss they will always try to stay under the total loss amount by $500 so they can lock down a guarenteed job that gets paid
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if they won't total it, if you weren't at fault make sure they have you in a rental car while this is being done and just have it fixed, make sure they settle you for the value being lowered by being in an accident, and then trade in / sell the car to carmax and be done with it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blown_gt
¯
Member # 10698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown_gt  Ford pictures for Blown_gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
if they won't total it, if you weren't at fault make sure they have you in a rental car while this is being done and just have it fixed, make sure they settle you for the value being lowered by being in an accident, and then trade in / sell the car to carmax and be done with it.

It wasn't my fault but most likely that is route Ima go with get it fixed then maybe trade it in and let it be a thing of the past just sucks I've only been paying for the car a little over a year

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com