Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Suggestions for a new DD.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Suggestions for a new DD....
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking into getting a different daily driver but I don't know what to decide on. I want something with a decent amount of torque and is a comfortable and reliable to drive. Two door or four door, doesn't matter, must be manual transmission though. Open to all suggestions. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fiesta ST. Cheap, fun, 30+ mpg. I love mine. It's small and maneuverable, and lots of fun around town.
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cts v,Audi is4, vw vr6, Svt cobra, coyote 5.0

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's your price range?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
Fiesta ST. Cheap, fun, 30+ mpg. I love mine. It's small and maneuverable, and lots of fun around town.

+1 on the Fiesta ST! It's a gocart with 4 doors and once you drive one you will love it.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2

I really enjoy the Fiesta ST as a daily driver. Enough power and torque to be entertaining, handles well, fits in compact parking spots with room to spare and gets decent fuel economy.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the suggestions but I'll have to pass on Fiesta.
CTSV's are nice but I honestly think they're overpriced for what they are.
I've been kicking the idea of getting a 11-14 5.0 for a daily but I'm still exploring other cars to see if there are any other good choices because I already have a Mustang. Now as far as budget I'm trying to stay like low/mid 20's and under.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know of a guy in sac selling a base package 2012 5.0 black exterior and black interior with 17k miles for 21k. You already have a mustang but you can't drive it to the mall without having to worry if its going to still be there when you come back. I say a coyote for dd 16mpg/26mpg and fox to modify.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

I'd say don't shy away from an auto and look at g8 gt and chargers srt8

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Not to mention the new coyotes are great on power,looks and comfort I have no complaints besides wanting to put it away for a while I have 88k on my 2011 already!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

I was looking at challengers but how are dodges transmissions nowadays?

Maybe I'll head to a Ford dealership one of these days and test drive a coyote since I've never driven or even been in one. Is there any common issues?

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been in a challenger and its feels like a boat. I bought a kona blue '11 and will be picking it up this friday. I could let you take it for a spin if your really considering a coyote.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
I've been in a challenger and its feels like a boat. I bought a kona blue '11 and will be picking it up this friday. I could let you take it for a spin if your really considering a coyote.

Where'd you get it from? How much did you buy it for? If that's kool with you I'm down to take it for a short drive if I don't test drive one this weekend.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

21k and private owner in LA 35k miles premium package and brembos and best off all glass roof.
That black one i mentioned was my 2nd option,the black one still has a few months of factory warranty left.
You could get a 2013-2014 but your looking at 26k+ for a low mileage one. I decided on a 2011-2012 because you can find for 18-22k with the price difference I could supercharge it.

[ 2016-08-16, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
STi
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
21k and private owner in LA 35k miles premium package and brembos and best off all glass roof.
That black one i mentioned was my 2nd option,the black one still has a few months of factory warranty left.
You could get a 2013-2014 but your looking at 26k+ for a low mileage one. I decided on a 2011-2012 because you can find for 18-22k with the price difference I could supercharge it.

That's a good deal then because I've been seeing them closer to 50k miles for $23k. I prefer the 11/12 front ends but I like the rear of the 13/14's so I guess either way I'll have to take what I can just gotta find the right price/miles.

Fredfifty: You mean like a Subaru?

[ 2016-08-16, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mazdaspeed 3

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MY DAILY.. drive it back and forth from Vacaville to sac.. everyday..  -

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup, subaru sti, even an older one. great cars and they hold their value

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

hidnn0s
¯
Member # 13845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn0s  Ford pictures for hidnn0s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wife has a 2012 Jaguar XF with a 5.0 S/C engine. Great 4 door car. Comfortable yet fun in windy roads, quiet but halls out when you floor it. Ran a high 12 in it stock
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
yup, subaru sti, even an older one. great cars and they hold their value

I've owned a couple STi's... have a '16 now. I agree with your points but I don't think it would qualify as "comfortable". I'd say the ride quality is pretty firm. Also, the interiors and sound system were pretty "low rent" in the older ones.

Those things aside... they are reasonably quick, handle fantastically, and definitely a very reliable performance sedan.

-

[ 2016-08-16, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
02- 04 Corvette honestly would be a fun DD which gets decent MPG

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ecoboost '16 Mustang

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know you said no auto's but imo an auto is more of a daily driver...if youd be interested, e55's and 550i's are sick dd's. price range are in the 10k-15k.
Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went through the same thing and settled on a Focus ST (ST3), 2014 with 11k miles.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com