Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Decided on a Boss 302! Finally brought her home 8/30/16! (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Decided on a Boss 302! Finally brought her home 8/30/16!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
Just splurge and get a gt350 once they go for msrp or less. The boss doesn't seem that special to me, especially if the new gt looks better, has almost the same hp, and handles better. And if you got the track itch again, you wouldn't regret hacking it up or the track duty. The downside is you'll see them everywhere, so i personally wouldn't get one.

Hey John long time no see! I'd wait for a GT350 but it'll be at least another few years until they reach the $30-40k range. I just can't see myself spending $50-60K on a car, yet alone a Mustang. I'd rather get something reasonably priced in the $30K range and get my wife a new car too.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it isn't a DD and you're looking for a performance oriented car, then who cares about the interior creature comforts. Track the hell out of the car and drive the guts out of it and enjoy it how its meant to be. You won't care about the navigation and other interior comforts as you try to late brake into T2 @ MRLS [Wink]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your price range is $30-$40k, Why not get a 2010-12 GT500? Those will hold rock solid in that $30-$40k range for a good while.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
If it isn't a DD and you're looking for a performance oriented car, then who cares about the interior creature comforts. Track the hell out of the car and drive the guts out of it and enjoy it how its meant to be. You won't care about the navigation and other interior comforts as you try to late brake into T2 @ MRLS [Wink]

Definitely not going to be a DD, but I don't intend for it to be a track rat either. My kids are getting old enough to realize that I've had some pretty cool cars and they haven't been able to ride in most of them. This car will make up for that void and it'll be used for a nice weekend "bruiser" for me to take the family on some thrilling rides...of course there will be the occasional trackday in between though [Wink]

For the "occasional" trackday, it certainly must perform! I'm confident that either choice will perform beyond my capabilities, but I have realized that I want a bit of exclusiveness in the car, so the Boss is more than likely going to be the choice (unless I stumble upon a GT350 for $40k lol!)

It's really coming down to model year and color at this point...

I've pretty much narrowed the choices down to two cars. Both have very low miles and priced almost exactly the same:

2012 Performance White BOSS 302
*4800 miles, original owner, Recaros, Torsen, Boss mats, Boss car cover, ALL original dealers docs and Boss owner package, etc. Bad part is its across the continent and I'd be buying site unseen.
*I really like the frontend and black roof of the '12 Boss. Looks more aggressive in my opinion and the body looks smaller due to the unpainted rocker panels. I've always liked white cars, regardless whether its a Mustang or not, because its a timeless color that won't get old. They always look clean too!

-

2013 Gotta Have It Green
*non-original owner, ~7k miles, "most" of the Boss owners pack (not sure about original docs), tasteful mods (splitter, exhaust, springs, and tint), and its in CA.
*I like the '13 rearend and new electronics. The color has always appealed to me because its so loud and bold. The Boss deserves to be seen!

-

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
If your price range is $30-$40k, Why not get a 2010-12 GT500? Those will hold rock solid in that $30-$40k range for a good while.

I've considered it, but I'm not a huge fan of supercharged, high-horsepower cars. I appreciate well-balanced cars a bit more.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

So I'm pretty convinced that the Boss 302 is the route I'd like to take. Love the new GT so maybe later down the line I'll get a used one for a cheaper price tag. That being said, I have 2 Boss 302s that I'm trying to decide on. I like both for various reasons, but please let me know your opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

It's really coming down to model year and color at this point...

I've pretty much narrowed the choices down to two cars. Both have very low miles and priced almost exactly the same:

2012 Performance White BOSS 302
*4800 miles, original owner, Recaros, Torsen, Boss mats, Boss car cover, ALL original dealers docs and Boss owner package, etc. Bad part is its across the continent and I'd be buying site unseen.
*I really like the frontend and black roof of the '12 Boss. Looks more aggressive in my opinion and the body looks smaller due to the unpainted rocker panels. I've always liked white cars, regardless whether its a Mustang or not, because its a timeless color that won't get old. They always look clean too!

-

2013 Gotta Have It Green
*non-original owner, ~7k miles, "most" of the Boss owners pack (not sure about original docs), tasteful mods (splitter, exhaust, springs, and tint), and its in CA.
*I like the '13 rearend and new electronics. The color has always appealed to me because its so loud and bold. The Boss deserves to be seen!

-

[ 2016-07-29, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know what these cars go for but just throwing it out there.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5657965014.html

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was having the same dilemma as you about 6 months ago. I was looking at bosses or s550. do I spend money on newer and lose value or get another classic to hold or gain value. I went with a 66 coupe. which is cool but the problem is I still have the urge for a newer car.
get the boss.
fyi, theres a boss in Kansas city that's a better deal than that white one.

Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

That one is WAY overpriced.

I prefer the 11/12 front, the taillights can be added from 13/14 too giving best of both worlds. Don't think it matters to you but keep in mind no Sync in 12s only on 13s.

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

That one is WAY overpriced.

I prefer the 11/12 front, the taillights can be added from 13/14 too giving best of both worlds. Don't think it matters to you but keep in mind no Sync in 12s only on 13s.

Yeah I noticed that after I seen what they go for on SVTP.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder if this one is still available for you

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/5672328783.html

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a reason it's called Gotta Have It Green, definitely go with it and the 13 model. It's up to date with the electronics and lighting.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would not buy a white Boss 302. There are so many other great looking colors.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tough choice. I much prefer the PW '12 personally, however, I'm completely biased.

That said I wouldn't buy a car sight unseen. Even though it has low mileage, I'd pay to have the '12 inspected. The shipping cost sucks too.

If you like each car equally, I'd go with the '13 just for sake of simplicity. Plus, you gotta make the wife happy. LOL

[ 2016-07-29, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
I wonder if this one is still available for you

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/5672328783.html

I looked into that one and inquired about it but it has more miles than I want and it supposedly has "minor defects" on the front end. No thank you.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
There's a reason it's called Gotta Have It Green, definitely go with it and the 13 model. It's up to date with the electronics and lighting.

I agree, the Ford marketing team did a great job using GHIG as a color to catch everyone's eye! It's very nice, which is why it's one of my options, but I just don't know if it's a color that if eventually get tired of. White is plain, but it's a classic color that really never gets old.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
I would not buy a white Boss 302. There are so many other great looking colors.

Very true, but these two have really caught my eye. The white '12 is subtle yet aggressive and the GHIG '13 is loud and bold. Two very different colors, both sexy in my opinion.

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Tough choice. I much prefer the PW '12 personally, however, I'm completely biased.

That said I wouldn't buy a car sight unseen. Even though it has low mileage, I'd pay to have the '12 inspected. The shipping cost sucks too.

If you like each car equally, I'd go with the '13 just for sake of simplicity. Plus, you gotta make the wife happy. LOL

I've loved your PW '12 since the first time you posted pictures of it. Your car is really what made me think about getting a Boss in the first place. I know it is extremely risky to purchase as car sight unseen, but he shared copies of a bunch of documents, car fax, and tons of pics/videos. I'd be comfortable buying it if I can make up my mind about color options.

After speaking with my wife about the two colors, she actually thinks white would be the better option since we both probably won't get tired of looking at it lol.

I contacted Bruce yesterday and told him what I can get the white '12 for, shipped to my door. He's pretty firm in his price and is still above what I can get the '12 for. The one thing he has going for him is that he is somewhat local to me so I would be able to see and drive the car. I plan to make my way up there later next week.

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I've loved your PW '12 since the first time you posted pictures of it. Your car is really what made me think about getting a Boss in the first place. I know it is extremely risky to purchase as car sight unseen, but he shared copies of a bunch of documents, car fax, and tons of pics/videos. I'd be comfortable buying it if I can make up my mind about color options.

After speaking with my wife about the two colors, she actually thinks white would be the better option since we both probably won't get tired of looking at it lol.

I contacted Bruce yesterday and told him what I can get the white '12 for, shipped to my door. He's pretty firm in his price and is still above what I can get the '12 for. The one thing he has going for him is that he is somewhat local to me so I would be able to see and drive the car. I plan to make my way up there later next week.

Let me know when you're going to be up here. It would be good to finally put a face to the name. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat. I'll bring the Boss. That way you can see the PW in person to help with your decision.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:

Let me know when you're going to be up here. It would be good to finally put a face to the name. Maybe we can grab a bite to eat. I'll bring the Boss. That way you can see the PW in person to help with your decision.
Sounds good! We have actually met in person before [Big Grin] it was on one of the smaller cruises that Terrence and I somewhat organized. I had the FALEEN and you had the G8 [burnout]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sounds good! We have actually met in person before [Big Grin] it was on one of the smaller cruises that Terrence and I somewhat organized. I had the FALEEN and you had the G8 [burnout]
Ha! I remember that! Sucks getting old. I loved that GXP. I still know where it is. IIRC, the third owner lives in Ohio.

Your PM the other day...

"If you happen to talk to Bruce, mention that you know who I am (at least via Cafords that is.)"

...had me thinking we'd never met. Sorry about that.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My vote goes to the - 2013 Gotta have it GREEN!

- Have seen very few GREEN on the road; I've seen several in white
- 13s come with SYNC (love that in my 13 GT500)
- Rear taillights look better on the 13s IMO

[ 2016-07-30, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Rigo5.0 ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:

I have a 2011 gt and has sync so that was available since 2011!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:

I haven't seen very many Boss 302's on the road since they first came out in 2012! I've probably seen a total of 5 or so as of today. I've seen them at mustang shows and Shelby events, but I don't count that.

I agree with you though, I've never seen a GHIG Boss on the road, but have seen maybe 2 white '12's in the past. But even then, they're pretty rare as is!

In comparison to the new GT350, which I've already seen 8-10 on the road, it seems that the '12-13 Boss is more rare (at least in CA) [Confused]

--------------------

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
quote:

I have a 2011 gt and has sync so that was available since 2011!
Boss didn't have it in 12 #becauseracecar

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com