Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Decided on a Boss 302! Finally brought her home 8/30/16! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Decided on a Boss 302! Finally brought her home 8/30/16!
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
If you're In that price range I hate to say it but why not get a c6 z06!

Not really a corvette fan and it doesn't have back seats. It's probably a better performing car, but vettes really don't do anything for me. My uncle just picked up a brand new red Z06 and it doesn't excite me nearly as much as a GT350 does [Confused]
No doubt. I was just thinking if you want a track/road race car it's hard to beat that package.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not really a corvette fan and it doesn't have back seats. It's probably a better performing car, but vettes really don't do anything for me. My uncle just picked up a brand new red Z06 and it doesn't excite me nearly as much as a GT350 does [Confused]
No doubt. I was just thinking if you want a track/road race car it's hard to beat that package.
I appreciate it! It will likely see a couple trackdays so it has to be capable, but I'm not really buying the car for that intention. It will be more of a weekend, nice day, kind of ride to enjoy with the rest of the family.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sent you a PM.

Since you're planning on using the car with your kids, I'd lean even more towards the Boss. My kids fit comfortably in the Boss but the IRS on the new cars eats up rear seat space. There's no room!

[ 2016-07-22, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S550 FTW!! Jk bro both options are good [patriot]
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a new GT once. Never again. When I brought the car in. The dealer(s) said its just a "GT" there's nothing we can do for you. If it was a Cobra that would be a different story. Buying a used Boss is cool. But no warranty?
They (Bosses) were at 40k in January... I have seen them at 33k currently.
IMO always Cobra....nothing less.

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You haven't driven a S550 yet?

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lee, I have driven one last year. They're great cars for sure! My biggest gripe is IF I were to get into a new S550 i Need to swallow the fact that its value will depreciate significantly over the next couple of years. A ~$44k car will only be worth about ~$28k even if I kept mileage low.

On the other hand, the Boss with, in my opinion, the same if not more "cool and fun factor,", will likely only depreciate a few thousand dollars from what I hope to get one for (~$30-$35k depending on options, mileage, etc).

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Lee, I have driven one last year. They're great cars for sure! My biggest gripe is IF I were to get into a new S550 i Need to swallow the fact that its value will depreciate significantly over the next couple of years. A ~$44k car will only be worth about ~$28k even if I kept mileage low.

On the other hand, the Boss with, in my opinion, the same if not more "cool and fun factor,", will likely only depreciate a few thousand dollars from what I hope to get one for (~$30-$35k depending on options, mileage, etc).

You've obviously made up your mind in your own words...case closed, gavel down!! The judge orders you to take out your new "boss" for a drink, that being Chevron 91 and make it neat!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

You've obviously made up your mind in your own words...case closed, gavel down!! The judge orders you to take out your new "boss" for a drink, that being Chevron 91 and make it neat!
Greg, I wish it were that easy! I really like the S550 and everything I can get with it BUT I'm just not sure (yet) that I can deal with the fact that it will depreciate at a much higher rate. When I drive a Boss I'll have to see if it gives me that "wow" factor as much as when I test drove the S550 last year.

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been in both cars back to back. I'd take the Boss hands down. It's 150# lighter but feels like it's 3 or 400
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You seem to be more worried about the depreciation over what's the better fit for you and your fam. You haven't even bought the car and you're already thinking about selling it lol. IMO get the car that best fits for your needs which sounds like the Boss. Both cars will be fun and most normal people can't go wrong with either choice but for you the Boss is the choice due your selling habits.

[ 2016-07-23, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: BULLITTMAN ]

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Troy, thanks for the input.

Bullittman, this will be my first and probably last time (in a while) that I buy a "toy" for over $10k....I need to consider everything long-term before I jump into something. My family likes both and I'm sure my kids (5 & 9) will fit in the back seats of both. Albeit cramped, that comes with the territory when purchasing a mustang. All that has been considered and is not really an issue as this is not going to be a daily driver/grocery getter.

If shit hits the fan and I do need to offload the toys, I definitely want something that will hold value. Plus, I want to continue to feel the "wow" factor after say 5 yrs or so...at this point, even with the age of the Boss and other "older" specialty mustangs, when I see them on the road I still get excited. I'm not 100% sold I'll feel that way with a new GT in 5 yrs or so. It's possible, but that's what I'm trying to weigh out right now. [patriot]

--------------------

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Damn, that's a first lol C7Z doesn't excite [Eek!]
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

S550 seems to be a bit more capable on the track:
http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-Events/Toy-Run-ECR-120614/i-WgFRLtq/0/960/DusoldProject6G-test1-ECR-120614-data-960.mp4

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would consider a 2010-2012 gt500 but im a bit biased.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
i would consider a 2010-2012 gt500 but im a bit biased.

It has definitely crossed my mind but I'm bigger on overall performance/handling and not just raw power. Are you rolling in a 500 nowadays?

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:
quote:

Damn, that's a first lol C7Z doesn't excite [Eek!]
Vettes don't excite me either but I'd prefer a C6 over a ugly ass C7 any day but that day will never come. [Smile]

I'd say you go Boss. If you look at 11/12 Mustang GT's they're like $20k sometimes with only 20k miles that's like cut in half in what 5/6 years? I'd take a GT500 though they're beasts on tunes with E85 but I know you're not into that fast stuff.

[ 2016-07-26, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In Sept 2015 I bought a 2016 mustang GT with no options becides the performance package. It was $33k. In my opinion, that's a lot of new car for 33k. I've never driven a boss but I can say my new GT is my favorite Mustang yet. It feels like a well rounded sports car not a standard Mustang feel at all. The only complaints about the car are in line with most other owners. The factory tires suck.

The clutch pedal feels too light and the shifter is not tight feeling. All of those are easy to remedy.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian Ian Ian....

You need to quit kidding yourself with all this mental anguish you are going through.

How many cars have you bought and sold in the last 5 years alone???

You know you'll be ready for something else next year anyways so just go get yourself a BOSS, wine and dine her at Chevron and Laguna Seca and call it a day.Until you get yourself a 20 car garage so you don't have to buy/sell all these cars constantly that is.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

TR1 - with the options I want, I'd be looking at around $39k. I'm sure it's a blast to own, I don't doubt that, but it's hard when there are two different cars that I like/want but can only afford one lol!

Greg - it's just a matter of time. I wish it were that easy to own and keep all the cars I have gone through, but one toy at a time is enough for me! I'm hoping that whatever I get will be the end to all this madness lol! At least that's what he wife hopes/wants [Wink]

--------------------

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you considered a Focus RS? Sounds like a fun car and unique as well.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:

If I needed a DD I would have considered that, but there's no need for another 4-door in my garage lol.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:

If I needed a DD I would have considered that, but there's no need for another 4-door in my garage lol.
That's not "just another" 4 door! Just tell us you have no interest in that car damn it!! I love bustin' your balls bro cuz' you're such a mustang guy...love that! You bleed blue my friend [Cool]

I can't wait to see what you decide because I know it will be clean and mean [burnout]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Greg, no harm - no foul [Big Grin] When/if I get something, it should be clean and mean. Can't really go wrong with either option, really.

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to really like the Yellow Blaze 2012 Boss. It's unique and not a color you see much, if at all. That and the Gotta Have It Green 2013 really have my attention right now. IF I go the Boss route, I really want a color that "pops." I'd love a Performance White 2012 as well, but they're hard to come by with the mileage and combination I want. As for the 2013 Boss, since they look very similar to the standard GTs, I definitely want a color out of the norm [Cool]

-

-

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just splurge and get a gt350 once they go for msrp or less. The boss doesn't seem that special to me, especially if the new gt looks better, has almost the same hp, and handles better. And if you got the track itch again, you wouldn't regret hacking it up or the track duty. The downside is you'll see them everywhere, so i personally wouldn't get one.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com