Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need a great welder!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a great welder!
truthseeker
¯
Member # 4636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for truthseeker  Ford pictures for truthseeker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1996 CR500 with a small hole in the bottom of one of the frame tubes under the engine.

Any recommendations of who can fix this and what would be a fair price?

Also, what is the correct way to fix this?

Looks kind of like this but the hole is 1/8th the size of that one.

http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2012/06/19/bike_150_264904.JPG

--------------------
1998 SVT Cobra Convertible | VT Cobra Billet Shortblock | T56 Tranny with Viper 5th and 6th | #3425 of 3480 | 17x9 + 17x11 CCW Classic's | 4.10 gears

Posts: 226 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its an eighth that size ad not all rusted out just simply weld it up. If its like that pic and full of rot that all needs to get cut out and new metal replaced. Its just mild steel so its a fairly easy fix. Shouldn't cost much to fix. Any welder or fabrication shop could repair it.

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Id fix it at my shop, but your pretty far away from me. probably looking at $40-100 to fix it. but if the rust is too bad, then it may not be worth repairing. the weld is only as strong as what it's welded to.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com