Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » College for my kid: yes or no (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: College for my kid: yes or no
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I said I was only gonna take a year off. 6 years later I still haven't gone back to school and regret it everyday.

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Advise her as a good parent should and fully support whatever decision she makes.

Personally I'd follow my dreams. If I didn't AED would not exist.

My family told me I'd fail, said it was foolish to start a business without a higher degree.
They looked down on me for following my dreams and not following their advice. They 'fear' for the well being of my kids to this day. [Roll Eyes] Hell, I don't think my Mother has ever stepped foot in the shop.

10 years going strong and I'm by far the most successful person in the family.

They can eat crow. I'm putting their asses in a home when the time comes. (Not necessarily for this, but other reasons as well.)

You don't want your daughter thinking that about you Tony.

However I do have a word of caution.
Since I had no backup, no one to fall back on it was Sink or Swim. I fucking swam, but there is no motivation like knowing if you fail you're ass is on the street and so are the ones that depend on you.

There's a fine line between support and 'support' if you know what I mean. You need to support her decision, but supporting her financially is path you don't want to go down, it's unhealthy for 30 year olds to have their rent paid by Ma and Pa. These lessons of financial responsibility are best learned now, and they can be the #1 motivating factor of Successful people.

[ 2016-06-14, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2017-06-06, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:

So, how did it go? Did she look to Megan Batoon for advice? [Smile]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

lol no but I think she's gonna take an indefinite break. She's got a lot of stuff coming her way and it would be hard to not take advantage of these opportunities while they're here. Have you seen this video on IG, FB or YouTube? This is her. It's been watched over 50 million times in total:

[QUOTE] YouTube link

[ 2017-06-06, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by twisted54:

lol no but I think she's gonna take an indefinite break. She's got a lot of stuff coming her way and it would be hard to not take advantage of these opportunities while they're here. Have you seen this video on IG, FB or YouTube? This is her. It's been watched over 50 million times in total:

quote:
YouTube link

Ah, nice. I hadn't seen that vid. I looked up her name on YT and it looks like she has a nice presence in other channels, including a sesh she led in Amsterdam this year. Good to see her moving along as I remember you posting her vids WAY back in the day when she went by Lil Bigz and you sold your 5.0 drop (I think) to continue supporting her. If she has this level of success at 19 then she should be pretty darned successful by 25 [Wink]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by twisted54:
[qb]

lol no but I think she's gonna take an indefinite break. She's got a lot of stuff coming her way and it would be hard to not take advantage of these opportunities while they're here. Have you seen this video on IG, FB or YouTube? This is her. It's been watched over 50 million time

Ah, nice. I hadn't seen that vid. I looked up her name on YT and it looks like she has a nice presence in other channels, including a sesh she led in Amsterdam this year. Good to see her moving along as I remember you posting her vids WAY back in the day when she went by Lil Bigz and you sold your 5.0 drop (I think) to continue supporting her. If she has this level of success at 19 then she should be pretty darned successful by 25 [Wink]

Thanks, yeah she's doing great and has everything going her way right now. Some of the stuff she's been able to do is amazing for someone her age... check out this pic. This was last weekend in Iceland...helicopter ride to a glacier. Tonight she leaves for Melbourne, Australia...nuts.

-

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am happy to see things are going well for your daughter. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I am happy to see things are going well for your daughter. [patriot]

Thank you sir!!!

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

I saw someone mention your daughter’s name in one of the comments for Megan’s most recent video and it reminded me of this thread. Seems like she’s been busy lately!

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com