Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Motor Swap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Motor Swap
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need your guys opinion on what to do with my 86 vert. I'm in the process of swapping to a 4.6l but can't decide which heads to go with. My two options are built aluminum block with B heads with maybe a 1.5 Kenne Bell if it doesn't go in my 97 Cobra or built iron block with ported PI heads and a Eaton M90. I have all the parts to make it happen either way but can't decide what to do since the power should be around the same with both setups. The PI 2V is intercooled and the Big head 4V isnt.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would skip both. I dont like the Kenne Bell B head kit at all, you're much better off with a centrifugal type blower on B heads IMO. You would probably find the limits of that M90/2v combo pretty quick. Have you considered C heads and a turbo?

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have looked into C heads but it's not really worth it to me to go through the hassle of getting what I need for a Terminator setup. The power I can get on 91 octane with either 2V or the B head is about the same. I could still use the KB with B heads and go with a Vortech or Procharger later once I get tired of it but I'm just building the car for a little weekend corner carver. Also I heard B heads flow better when supercharged?

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com