Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » clear bra estimate cost/recommendations?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: clear bra estimate cost/recommendations?
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much have you typically paid? i was quoted 950 for the hood, bumper, fenders and mirrors a reputable shop in pleasantan(high reviews, 5 star yelp) and not quite sure how that compares to others. this is w/ suntek film.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haven't heard of suntek.

paid 300 with 3m for lip of hood and the door handle pockets (stops scratches from long nails)

paid 750 at another shop for xpel which I like better than the 3m, and that was the full end bumper, mirror caps, and window tint for front 2 windows + a massive sunroof on our forester xt

the xpel is basically invisible after washing with 303

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you talking about ceramic pro? They do great work there, did you talk to Vincent?

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
06ragtopgt_SOS
¯
Member # 11327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Ford pictures for 06ragtopgt_SOS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure about the cost, but xpel is a great product. I used to work for a land rover dealer and thats all we used.

--------------------
Lame ass 2006 3V GT. Low and slow, all bark, no bite.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Frank.JD.Perez:
Are you talking about ceramic pro? They do great work there, did you talk to Vincent?

ya spoke to him today. definitely a legit shop.
the ceramic pro is a coating they put on as opposed to the film.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
haven't heard of suntek.

paid 300 with 3m for lip of hood and the door handle pockets (stops scratches from long nails)

paid 750 at another shop for xpel which I like better than the 3m, and that was the full end bumper, mirror caps, and window tint for front 2 windows + a massive sunroof on our forester xt

did they do a full wrap on the front or is the cut visible? shop in SF quoted me the xpel for 900-950 with the bumper full wrap, kit(cut visible) for the fenders and hood, door cups, side mirrors and door edges. seems to be a pretty reasonable price.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
haven't heard of suntek.

did they do a full wrap on the front or is the cut visible? shop in SF quoted me the xpel for 900-950 with the bumper full wrap, kit(cut visible) for the fenders and hood, door cups, side mirrors and door edges. seems to be a pretty reasonable price.
the cut is visible on the sides of the front fenders

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com