Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » help shipping a car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help shipping a car
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, it's been awhile since i've been on here but i'm shipping my 1967 mustang to the Bay Area and was wondering there are any transport companies you guys have had good luck with.
thanks
drew

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can call Nichole at Hilton Auto Transport. She's always been fantastic to deal with.

http://www.hiltonautotransport.com/

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
You can call Nichole at Hilton Auto Transport. She's always been fantastic to deal with.

thanks man.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by drews50:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

thanks man.
No sweat. 👍🏻

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shiftylx!!!!! Nice to see u back around !

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:

thanks Eddie!!

been lurking a bit, not much to post lol how're things?

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Hey guys, it's been awhile since i've been on here but i'm shipping my 1967 mustang to the Bay Area and was wondering there are any transport companies you guys have had good luck with.
thanks
drew

why you shipping it back to the bay? is gonna live with your folks? or are you having some serious work done?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:
thanks
drew

why you shipping it back to the bay? is gonna live with your folks? or are you having some serious work done?
wife's company is relocating to Dallas and paying for everything! hate it in Phoenix so the change will be nice. we're renting an apartment for the first year until we decide what neighborhoods are the best to buy and going to be easier to find an apartment without that third car lol.
plus i'm going to have some work done to her, probably rebuilding the 289 with a mild cam and upgrading the brakes.
the plan is for the wife and i to drive her back to Dallas next year as a several day road trip!
and as another plus, now we'll have a bad ass car stored in the Bay when the wife and i come to visit and cruise around!

[ 2016-05-11, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: drews50 ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had great results with uship.com. Sent a Factory Five car, enclosed, from FL to AZ for less than $1300.

You have to wait sometimes on getting a good deal, but as long as you're not in a rush, I think it's worth it.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
I have had great results with uship.com. Sent a Factory Five car, enclosed, from FL to AZ for less than $1300.

You have to wait sometimes on getting a good deal, but as long as you're not in a rush, I think it's worth it.

thanks John, i'm using Thrifty Auto Shipping, shipping an open trailer for $650. sadly we were in a rush because i'm visiting next weekend.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

thanks Eddie!!

That's cool man .. Same ol . Kinda off topic but do you have any pictures of your old Lx .. Someone I know just purchased an Lx vert . Wanted to show it to him
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks Eddie!!

That's cool man .. Same ol . Kinda off topic but do you have any pictures of your old Lx .. Someone I know just purchased an Lx vert . Wanted to show it to him
here are a couple, let me know if you need others, i have tons lol.
I also posted a video of her in the "taillight tint" thread.
drew

-

-

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com