Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gym goers what are your supplements? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gym goers what are your supplements?
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For those of you guys hitting the gym what supplements are you taking? And do these change as you bulk and cut or do stick with one routine year round?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll give you some great advice. Supplements are a total waste of money without a strong diet. If you absolutely have to take supplements get a whey protein isolate powder for post workout or casein before you go to bed. You can have scivation xtend bcaas from the time you get up to the time you go to bed. Optimen multivitamin and some omega 3 fish oil. If you get creatine go with powder form pure monohydrate like optimum nutrition as its proven. As far as preworkout goes some c4 will do the job as I believe its caffeine/stimulant free so you wont crash after. But like I said earlier these supplements will work best with a strong diet. They are just that supplements used to supplement the body.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C4 Pre-workout, Protein, Creatine, Multivitamin, Krill oil and a good diet.

Similar to above. I love the C4 stuff, use it before doing anything strenous, especially hiking in the mountains.

[ 2016-04-22, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So a mutli vitamin and fish oil are also essential?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C4 will make your face feel funny LOL.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
C4 will make your face feel funny LOL.

Ya its the Niacin opening up the pores lol

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Niacin increases circulation and also is great for the lymph glands.

Besides diet being the lost important pine pollen is a great supplement. Check out supermanherbs.com

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C4 loll you might as well do a line instead!
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Food. Pre-workout food and post-workout food. [patriot]

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

SVT_Brian
¯
Member # 12656

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT_Brian  Ford pictures for SVT_Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
these are my opinions.

controlling your diet is #1. (real food, not protein powders, etc.)
getting in a good anabolic workout routine #2.
supplements #3.

for supplements, i agree with Mr.10psi.

start off by taking notes of your basic workouts (weights, etc) to see your improvements #4.
find out what motivates you and stick with it #5. (music, gym partner, etc)
do it for yourself, not for others #6.

[ 2016-04-23, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: SVT Brian ]

Posts: 194 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
So a mutli vitamin and fish oil are also essential?

Yes a multivitamin is needed unless you are getting all the vitamins and minerals that you need on a daily basis from vegetables,grains etc which I doubt because you have to eat a ton of them and most people are deficient in these areas. The The omega 3 fish oil is the same. You will get plenty of omega from a good diet but usually will lack in omega 3 which can be found in flaxseed oil,fish etc. Don't lift for the chicks. Do it for yourself. All it will do is get them to look and that's it.

--------------------

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I basically use nothing it's all a waste of money good meals with the right protein and the right amount works for me if you need a pre workout drink coffee it does the same thing and saves u money . You should always take a multivitamin and omega 3 fish oil pills anyways . Jus my .02

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
brandon151
¯
Member # 12990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for brandon151  Ford pictures for brandon151    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Multivitamins suck: Because many are very high in specific vitamins/minerals that you already get a lot of on a daily basis like B12, B6, Calcium, ect Too much of specific vitamins lead to specific diseases over time (so does too little obviously) Many vitamins and minerals shouldnt be taken together like zinc, iron, and calcium which every multi vitamin has, taking them together decreases absorption of each one. Vitamins in a pill form are digested differently in the body and are not absorbed as much as if they came from real food.

Protein powder: Good if you're lazy or on the go and dont have time to get in quality or adequate amounts of protein. Most quality protein powders also have added amino acids like leucine which has been proven many times to increase protein sythesis (for muscle growth)

Creatine: Easily the most used performance enhancing supplement out there. Creatine Monohydrate and Creatine HCL are the most common forms. Totally safe to use, creatine is actually a naturally accuring substance in your blood. Great for increasing strength and endurance during short burst exercises and can be used for gaining muscle and overall mass.

Pre workouts: Whatever keeps you motivated to go the gym when you dont want to is good. Whether thats an actual powder or just coffee.

Fish oils: IF you dont eat many healthy fats like avocados, fish, olive oil, ect then fish oil would be a good thing to supplement. It's fairly cheap and cant hurt you unless you take it in ridiculous amounts... there are many upsides to getting your fatty acids daily.

c4 makes you tingle and feel funny because of
1: beta alanine (common in all pre workouts)
2: high dose of caffiene

Overall supplements should only be used to SUPPLEMENT what you are already doing. And if you want real results it starts with what you actually eat, like others have already said.

Personal trainer here, and I'm pretty well versed in nutrition.

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've gone a long way in 2 yrs... I went from 225lbs to 163 lbs in the first 6month's and ever since just kept it up.

I drink c-4 pre-work out, right when I pull up to the gym, so I'm working out right before it kicks in so it doesn't get me feeling tingly. If your tingly get those pumps in.

After my work outs I'd feel drained through the day even after drinking a protein shake...
Later found i needed a sugar spike, so I ate a crispy creme donut after and that worked well, until I got "afterglow" bazooka fruit flavor which also has a good amount of protein, vitimins, 29g sugar "high I know" I drink that right before my last set. And that's what a stick to now.

20 min later I drink my "on gold whey protein" shake...usually a scoop and a half 37g protein and water...Depends on work out if i add almond milk, 1 banana, or even tbsp natural peanut butter.

I use the Kirkland brand multivitamins "costco" 1 a night.

I've tried alpha amino and i don't notice a difference.

Tried "volcano" pre-work out "expensive" 1st day gave me a massive pump but after that gave me headaches and did not work for me.

I use off and on depending on what program I'm on "weight loss, maintain, gain"
Gaining i use gnc 189 creatine I like it.
Cutting I use gnc ripped xxx

Diet is key diet is key diet is key...

I ate boiled chicken, quinoa, and vegetables for months everyday. No flavor, spices, etc. Plain salads, and cut drinking soda.

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
deca, tren, dbol and test... ecapois

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlo:
deca, tren, dbol and test... ecapois

Lol funny. Just about everybody who is somebody in th fitness industry is on this shit. Also op if you plan on using a preworkout stick to the caffeine/stimulant free ones otherewise your wasting your money when you could just drink black coffee preworkout. Works great and is way cheaper.Make sure to get as much sleep as possible. You grow when you sleep and not in the gym. Do not follow iifym that is for straight weak minded pussies who cant hack the diet. If you want to look like a full blown buff as fuck pimp daddy train like a bodybuilder and none of the gay ass crossfit shit that these new kids are doing now days.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ Rich Piana is all natural. Same with Boston Loyd.

--------------------

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

quote:

About as natty as ronnie coleman lol.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
quote:

About as natty as ronnie coleman lol.
Ronnie Coleman is a funny ass dude. I wonder how much he could have lifted without all the gear. I'd have no desire to EVER even try to get that damn big. Jay Cutler and those guys took it to another level of crazy with size. Even though Arnold was on gear, he still does have one of the best to scale body for bodybuilding.

Mike O'hearn also has a great frame. But he just needs to come out and admit that he takes some gear LOL. I'd shit if he could pass a random testing.

--------------------

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everybody is on gear... I worked out for years before I got put up on game, still never been on a cycle but that's because I fell in love and the bitch made me fat so no other bitches would like me... Hahaha. Didn't work, poor girl, anyway If they tell you otherwise like they're all 'natty' they're lyin'! Ain't no way u gettin big without a lil help - And I'm not talkin about Creatine, even though that helped.

-JoCo

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

passing a drug test doesn't mean you're all natty... As far as Arnold goes - Pioneer. Natty or not, u gotta put the work in to get the results. Plus there's this little thing that's called GENETICS. Some of us got'm some don't. Sorry for any typos, my pinky nail is really long.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vegan Gains!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

I have a good diet 5 days a week then the weekend hits and it's all out the door not to mention the beer drinking ain't helping ive been taking whey protein since I started working out took mono creatine for about a month and a half then got a talk that made me feel guilty and stopped taking it I swear some people find it worse then roids!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
I have a good diet 5 days a week then the weekend hits and it's all out the door not to mention the beer drinking ain't helping ive been taking whey protein since I started working out took mono creatine for about a month and a half then got a talk that made me feel guilty and stopped taking it I swear some people find it worse then roids!!

Your body naturally produces creatine so i dont know why they would tell you stop unless you were taking to much.5to 10 grams a day is fine.Its all about balance. I know of people who eat good during the week and then cheat on the weekends that way they dont feel too guilty.Kinda like rewarding themselves i guess.I dont personally do this or recommend it but its your decision.

--------------------

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ah it's hard to not cheat with a wife and 2 kids I did very good for the first 6 months then weekend cheating began one thing I did give up was soda I drink mostly water every now and then a lemonade but mostly water yeah I think it's time I get back on the creatine and finish that can I bought!!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com