Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Radiator replacement Aluminum Which is best

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Radiator replacement Aluminum Which is best
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok since I wont be driving the car for at least another year its time to part out and build up selling the Original 24in radiator from my 1970 coupe. and have been researching which Aluminum Radiator replacement would be best for a semi built 357w(HCI) and later a 408w or Cleveland car was originally a Cleveland. Will be going with Ford Contour EFan setup. Also they all come with trans coolers but will be using a remote setup instead.

looking for opinions if you have used these or another

These are the radiators Ive been researching:

1. ECP (Engineered Cooling Products)$200.00
Maybe made in CHINA did some research on other car they make replacements for (corvette) And they seem to have issues and complaints, but the mustang community seems to have no issues except 1 i saw leaked and the buyer had to pay shipping for them him send and receive a new replacement.

- All aluminum construction with a heavy duty 2-row core with 1.0" tubes.

- Billet CNC machined filler neck. A new cap is included.

- Fully TIG welded construction with no epoxy.

- Upper hose connection is 1-1/2, lower is 1-3/4.

- Heavy duty plate transmission cooler, not a cheap concentric transmission cooler that will do more harm than good

- Will reliably cool up to 700 horsepower (not an imaginary 1000 HP that 3-rows claim to cool).
http://www.speedcooling.com/1967-1970-Mustang-Aluminum-Radiator-HD-25-DS-Outlet.html

Champion All Aluminum Radiator Price $269.98

- the Tubes are only 0.63 but 4 row, may or may not be made in USA and returns if damaged are paid by Champion

4-Row Core | Cools up to 700hp | Polished Tanks
Usually For Big Blocks

MC379 Radiator Dimensions:
Total: 21.75" tall (22" with cap) x 25.25" wide (with brackets)
Core: 16" tall x 24.25" wide x 2.75 thick
Inlet: 1.5" passenger side
Outlet: 1.75" driver side
Tanks: 3.13" Thick
Tubes: 0.63" thick
http://www.championradiators.com/Ford-Mustang-4-row-radiator-24in-wide-driverside-outlet

U.S Radiator Price$ 420, Made in USA, 2 core 1inch tubes, NO HP Rating

* Die stamped components to eliminate weld related failures, while providing uniform high standard quality.

Material Aluminum
Available Cores High Efficiency Aluminum
Core Size 16 x 24-1/4
Available Rows 2
Cooler Size 6x1/8 NPT
Flow Type Downflow
Inlet Size 1-1/2"
Outlet Size 1-3/4"

http://www.usradiator.com/ford-mustang-1968-70-v8-302-351-390-428-aluminum-radiator.html

Thanks chris

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Griffin in my 67. It's one of the exact fit ones. Becool also makes a good kit for your car.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just recently purchased an aftermarket setup for my car while looking it seems the general rule of thumb is less rows but big tubes. i want to say my new radiator is 2 row with 1" or 1-1/4" tubes.

it seems as if your wanting an inexspensive radiator and if so the dewet setup was about as cheap as i would have been willing to go.

http://www.dewitts.com/

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
I just recently purchased an aftermarket setup for my car while looking it seems the general rule of thumb is less rows but big tubes. i want to say my new radiator is 2 row with 1" or 1-1/4" tubes.

it seems as if your wanting an inexpensive radiator and if so the dewet setup was about as cheap as i would have been willing to go.

Looking in to them thanks, Did you by chance go with the 1inch or 1 1/4 option?

Just looking at others have done most of these Ive looked in to since they've been the most discussed on VMF: just seeing what others here have done

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a howe custom radiator in my 67 when I had it. I sent them measurements they made it worked perfect. Wasn't that expensive either.

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:

it seems as if your wanting an inexspensive radiator and if so the dewet setup was about as cheap as i would have been willing to go.

Do you by chance have any pics of their radiator?

--------------------

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ended up with one of these. 1" tubes

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/bci-80263

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com