Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gym members who talk on phone (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gym members who talk on phone
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/hab/5532784595.html

GYM MEMBER WHO TALK ON CELL PHONE IN GYM AND WAIST TIME AND MORE
This to all you people who workout in the gym and do nothing but sit in your ass and talk on your phone. I been seeing this for almost 10 years and I'm sure this has been going way longer before. Workout should not take more than 1 ½ hour unless your just waiting for a beautiful woman or man to walk through that door. I wonder if your wife knows what your doing and why you are taking long to get home from the gym or what excuses your making for you relationship. But when others that want to get in and get out and have to get up in the morning to go to work what you are doing is that your pr

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a friend who would interrupt his workout to take phone calls. I reminded him that he had 23 hours in the day to play on his phone. And for one measly hour he could focus on his workout. That put focus into perspective for him, and he started leaving his phone in his car.

That CL person wrote one hell of a rant!

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have bluetooth headphones, and I do talk on the phone. And being a manager, I have calls from drivers all hours of the day and night. So occasionally I have to sort of the random bullshit or call my lady if I haven't seen her in a while. I don't have a boastful voice, so I can say that this definately doesn't apply to everyone.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The article is actually on point for the most part and brings up a lot of why people are so fat too. I'm laughing at Sacramento at #35 on the list which is what I see whenever I come through it.

The gym (like churches) should be a place to go to concentrate on yourself for one measly hour out of the day. I see lazy people just sitting on the machines texting, talking or trying to find a song to play. I bought an Ipod years ago for music only and the phones stays in the car where it belongs so nobody can bother me. I'm going to workout for myself and nobody else. Pisses me off when I see these people and sometimes I confront them but I don't care because they're in my way from getting my workout done; they have no leg to stand on when I confront them.

Go off to the side if you absolutely have to talk or something, but don't impact me because its your problem! Think about other people for a change instead of yourself would help a lot with this new me me me generation.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Worked at 24hr fitness in the sj area years ago; seen this shit every night. especially when the saber kittens where there working out..

I could write a sitcom on just the night shift shenanigans that go on at a gym

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't read.....
 -

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like people need to mind their own business. Talk about selfish.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I didn't read.....
 -

holy shit i LMAO
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like this thread. It is very true in many ways. Here are some of the problems. The food quality now days is pure shit unless your buying fruits,vegetables,grains,etc. Not to mention people are lazy. They would rather spend more money on buying easy readily available garbage like fastfood than to spend time to actually make their food. People are addicted to simple sugars and once they are used to that how could they even go to eating vegetables etc when they don't taste as good.Food is very powerful and if it don't have great taste people wont eat it. Not to mention all the gmos in food and how everything is processed. There is so much saturated and trans fat in food that its very easy to get fat on these foods. When you eat this garbage you have way less energy which makes people less motivated to go to the gym and lift that heavy ass weight or do cardio. At the end of the day people just don't know better and are lazy that's it.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pisses you off and you confront them lol. Sounds like a recipe for trouble. What an idiot thing to do.

[ 2016-04-12, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: sic70stang ]

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I didn't read.....
 -

I literally laughed hahahaha
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
Pisses you off and you confront them lol. Sounds like a recipe for trouble. What an idiot thing to do.

Absolutely! If they're in my way of a workout and want to sit on the gym equipment instead of work out, then I will say something. Anyone who is serious about health will understand, this isn't complicated.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
I like this thread. It is very true in many ways. Here are some of the problems. The food quality now days is pure shit unless your buying fruits,vegetables,grains,etc. Not to mention people are lazy. They would rather spend more money on buying easy readily available garbage like fastfood than to spend time to actually make their food. People are addicted to simple sugars and once they are used to that how could they even go to eating vegetables etc when they don't taste as good.Food is very powerful and if it don't have great taste people wont eat it. Not to mention all the gmos in food and how everything is processed. There is so much saturated and trans fat in food that its very easy to get fat on these foods. When you eat this garbage you have way less energy which makes people less motivated to go to the gym and lift that heavy ass weight or do cardio. At the end of the day people just don't know better and are lazy that's it.

Very well said [patriot]

On a side note I visit McDonald's a couple times a week. Instead of ordering a number one, I drop a number two in the in the bathroom...it's what I think of that place.

[ 2016-04-12, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

--------------------

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I didn't read.....
 -

I literally laughed hahahaha
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
saying something is appropriate. confronting is different. maybe you just used the wrong word.

--------------------
The anti-crew

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sometimes I see people on their phones in between rest periods during heavy lifting. What's wrong with that?
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
Sometimes I see people on their phones in between rest periods during heavy lifting. What's wrong with that?

According to some people in this post, they don't care about their health bro.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't read that entire article either - I skimmed through parts of it. The writer slams people for not doing cardio at the gym. I hate doing cardio at the gym. I'd rather be outside if I'm going to do cardio, be it hiking, running, biking, swimming, etc. I pay money for a gym because I don't have the funds to buy all the miscellaneous weights and equipment that a gym has. And I'm no weight lifter, but I've gone through a few gym sessions with friends who take it very seriously. They easily spend 3 hours there, and it definitely shows. Everybody has their own goals and needs.

That's not to say that some people aren't guilty of wasting time on equipment. This is why I prefer to find gyms that aren't as busy. Personally, I find those that never rack their weights or leave the area a mess more offensive than those who talk on the phone at the gym.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TL;DR
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:

Nothing at all. So if we can get a bunch of us together and spread this way of thinking we can now use the gym as a gathering spot to hang. Screw anyone else around me and if they actually want to workout. Don't forget to bring the latte and make sure you take some selfies and put it on Instagram, Facebook andTweet it too.

The point is that people aren't making quick calls and get into there own little world of selfishness and I'm not a big fan of the new me me me generation. This phone thing in the gym is just part of it.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
I didn't read that entire article either - I skimmed through parts of it. The writer slams people for not doing cardio at the gym. I hate doing cardio at the gym. I'd rather be outside if I'm going to do cardio, be it hiking, running, biking, swimming, etc. I pay money for a gym because I don't have the funds to buy all the miscellaneous weights and equipment that a gym has. And I'm no weight lifter, but I've gone through a few gym sessions with friends who take it very seriously. They easily spend 3 hours there, and it definitely shows. Everybody has their own goals and needs.

That's not to say that some people aren't guilty of wasting time on equipment. This is why I prefer to find gyms that aren't as busy. Personally, I find those that never rack their weights or leave the area a mess more offensive than those who talk on the phone at the gym.

Your right about racking the weights, that's been going on for years. They're not too lazy to bring the 45's to the bench but appear too lazy to take them off. Actually, they're just selfish pricks who don't care that the lady next can't take off the 45's so she can use the machine; or the old man...etc. Now add phones to this and the plague spreads.

--------------------

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Nothing at all. So if we can get a bunch of us together and spread this way of thinking we can now use the gym as a gathering spot to hang. Screw anyone else around me and if they actually want to workout. Don't forget to bring the latte and make sure you take some selfies and put it on Instagram, Facebook andTweet it too.

The point is that people aren't making quick calls and get into there own little world of selfishness and I'm not a big fan of the new me me me generation. This phone thing in the gym is just part of it.

do you ever use the word "bro"?

--------------------
The anti-crew

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_mh9Kq1ots
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

quote:

I get the me me me generation - I get annoyed with the selfishness of people. Sometimes it's just ignorance, you don't know you're being selfish. To lump everybody in with that group though, is wrong. And I've never seen someone drinking a latte at the gym, that's pretty damn funny.

I actually don't find it so bad when I see groups working out on weight sets. While one rests, the other lifts. I feel like that time gets used better than someone who needs a 3-5 minute rest period in between and is on the set by themselves.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
quote:

I get the me me me generation - I get annoyed with the selfishness of people. Sometimes it's just ignorance, you don't know you're being selfish. To lump everybody in with that group though, is wrong. And I've never seen someone drinking a latte at the gym, that's pretty damn funny.

I actually don't find it so bad when I see groups working out on weight sets. While one rests, the other lifts. I feel like that time gets used better than someone who needs a 3-5 minute rest period in between and is on the set by themselves.

Yes I was kind of kidding about the latte but they might as well if you're going to sit on your ass in the gym anyways. Funny you didn't laugh at the selfie part, you must have seen this too.

Also, I didn't "lump sum" everyone, I'm only talking about the ones who spread this laziness. Most people don't but the few that do deserve to be called out. People are too scared to offend someone these days but I'm not...just call it like I see it. Being offended is a choice by the way.

Good points though on working out in groups while resting. Those people push each other and make it work, it usually the people by themselves that sit there and text/talk for several minutes and lose track of time. Be aware is the authors point and think about others for a change.

Keep up on the exercise DLo!

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com