Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 03 4.6 2v comp cams stage 2 install car won't fire after install any help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 03 4.6 2v comp cams stage 2 install car won't fire after install any help
02mustang5.4
¯
Member # 14004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02mustang5.4  Ford pictures for 02mustang5.4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I INSTALLED STAGE 2 cams on my buddies gt and now the car won't fire up I that it maybe jumped a tooth in the timing but I tool the timing cover off and the timing marks are good
Posts: 123 | From: Modesto California | Registered: Mar 2015  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cam position sensor? Plenty of wiring and sensors can get bumped or destroyed while doing work like that, do a full once over of all of it before you tear back into the cam's.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
02mustang5.4
¯
Member # 14004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 02mustang5.4  Ford pictures for 02mustang5.4    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the fast respond and I put a new crank sensor and a new can sensor and still nothing I'll crank it over and it sounds like it wants to fire up bit doesn't there's fuel I purged the fuel line and plenty of fuel came out
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there a fuel rail pressure sensor on that car? I had that problem and I ended up flooding the crap out of the car before I replaced that part. Maybe that? If not go up and down the wiring harness and see if anything is unplugged.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so there's fuel, have you done a compression test and checked for spark?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
02mustang5.4
¯
Member # 14004

I found the culprit it was my error turned out I put in all the coil packs in without the spring the connects the coil pack to the actual spark plug lol thanks for all the Intel guys she fired right up sounds great!
93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thread is worthless with out a video [dance]
quote:
Originally posted by 02mustang5.4:
I found the culprit it was my error turned out I put in all the coil packs in without the spring the connects the coil pack to the actual spark plug lol thanks for all the Intel guys she fired right up sounds great!

02mustang5.4
¯
Member # 14004

Idk how to post videos on here

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com