Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you do with this brand new car?? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What would you do with this brand new car??
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a new daily driver, 2016 Ford Explorer Sport. We've had it for about a 2 months. Two weeks after owning it we were in LA and the entire sync system stopped working. Audio function would never turn on and was always off. Voice control didn't work, radio, nav, ect...basically the entire SYNC system would light up as all was good but none of the features worked. After doing three hard resets, it all started working again. Took it to a local dealership and they said they couldn't find a problem and to record the issues the next time it happened.

About two weeks ago, it happened again. Had to do two or three resets for it to start working again. I recorded it this time and brought it back to the original dealership we bought it from. They said it was a software issue and may have to wait for a software patch to be able to fix it...they were hesitant in putting in a new Sync system. After a few hours they said they were able to fix it by resetting the KARR alarm that came with the car.

We don't really know if anything was fixed as it's working now but could possibly happen again. The rear automatic hatch was touchy and something wouldn't want to close...and the key code on the driver side door didn't work with the factory code. They seemed to fix that part though so maybe Sync is also fixed.

We are friends with the owner of the dealership and have bought 5 cars from him...he says we can bring the car back and get a new one. My question is should I bring it back?? Everything else on the car is perfectly fine. The Sync issue may be gone, but I just don't know since it was intermittent. I don't want him to feel like we're taking advantage of our friendship especially since it may be fixed.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take it back. You paid good money for it.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should do the same thing that U would do if U weren't friends with the owner. I'm sure He would return it if He was in Your shoes!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should this even be a question? Take it back

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys... I'll probably take it back. My whole point of taking it back to the original dealership was for them to fix it and I think they did. BUT if he's willing to take it back, so be it...

--------------------

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Thanks guys... I'll probably take it back. My whole point of taking it back to the original dealership was for them to fix it and I think they did. BUT if he's willing to take it back, so be it...

Yeah but there is no way to know if it's actually fixed as they thought they fixed it before! Now if this thing pops up again a few months down the road and it's to late to return it U will be kickin Yourself in the ass for being a nice Guy & a nice Guy with a problem vehicle that is at thier mercy at that point.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
quote:

Yeah but there is no way to know if it's actually fixed as they thought they fixed it before! Now if this thing pops up again a few months down the road and it's to late to return it U will be kickin Yourself in the ass for being a nice Guy & a nice Guy with a problem vehicle that is at thier mercy at that point.
exactly... I just don't know if it's fixed and don't want to risk missing out on his offer.

--------------------

VENOMUS PONY 5.0
¯
Member # 7785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VENOMUS PONY 5.0  Ford pictures for VENOMUS PONY 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Being a ford advisor at one point your scenario is not the first or last. All you can do is a hard restart like you have done or wait for a software update..

--------------------
If You Want More Inches - Stroke It!!!
Mystery stang in the works..

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Done deal... Getting a new one Saturday...

BUT at any rate, if any of you guys are in the market for an SUV, you should check out the Explorer Sport!! AWD ecoboost twin turbo [burnout]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing I'm not diggin' these days is the amount of technology these cars have. There is entirely too much which is why mechanics are called technicians and pretty soon we won't be able to fix much of anything ourselves I fear.

As far as taking the car back for a new one...I would. Sounds like you've given him plenty of money over the years being the mass consumer you are. Sounds like he owes you one without any guilt to me.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rent a car for a 2500 mile road trip every month (ish).

I've given up on using sync for bluetooth streaming audio on the drives, it fucks up too often, so I bring an aux cord with me.

a VW jetta also lost all audio and the headunit locked up on me at one point and had to restart the car to get it working again.

What are you getting instead? Because IMO if you're just exchanging it for another ford with a POS sync system you're just going to have the same exact issue.

We love our turbo suby forester tho [Wink]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

BUT at any rate, if any of you guys are in the market for an SUV, you should check out the Explorer Sport!! AWD ecoboost twin turbo [burnout]

AWD Ecoboost Twin Turbo Sounds Nice What Kind Of Numbers It Put Down
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by Built88LX:
quote:

AWD Ecoboost Twin Turbo Sounds Nice What Kind Of Numbers It Put Down
It's awesome...we love the car with the exception of the sync problems we had. The crank numbers were 365hp / 350tq

[ 2016-03-15, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
One thing I'm not diggin' these days is the amount of technology these cars have. There is entirely too much which is why mechanics are called technicians and pretty soon we won't be able to fix much of anything ourselves I fear.

As far as taking the car back for a new one...I would. Sounds like you've given him plenty of money over the years being the mass consumer you are. Sounds like he owes you one without any guilt to me.

We got a 2000 Expedition, 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition, 2007 Honda Civic, 2013 5.0 and the explorer from them. Our 17 year old was a toddler when we first went there lol.

That's the part that was frustrating...because of the technology issue, it was hard to prove it wasn't working correctly without my video. At least if it was a broken part, etc it would be easy to know something was fixed.

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

I've given up on using sync for bluetooth streaming audio on the drives, it fucks up too often, so I bring an aux cord with me.

a VW jetta also lost all audio and the headunit locked up on me at one point and had to restart the car to get it working again.

What are you getting instead? Because IMO if you're just exchanging it for another ford with a POS sync system you're just going to have the same exact issue.

We're going to go with the exact same car but maybe a different color because we loved everything else about it...we have black now. We're willing to gamble that it was a one off and the next one will have a stable sync system. My sync system in my 5.0 has never had issues with any of the features.

--------------------

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Should this even be a question? Take it back

second that....

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

We're going to go with the exact same car but maybe a different color because we loved everything else about it...we have black now. We're willing to gamble that it was a one off and the next one will have a stable sync system. My sync system in my 5.0 has never had issues with any of the features.
best of luck! Seriously, I mean it! I've had the sync be terrible on a couple fusions, focus's, and mustang rentals. I hope they sort it out because it doesn't take much for me to be happy with a car stereo anymore, just give me reliable bluetooth streaming and a decent spot to mount one of my scosche mag mounts to pop my phone while driving!

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

[patriot]

[ 2016-03-20, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about the ford flex. Did u get to drive one? I might be looking for a bigger car later this year.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
How about the ford flex. Did u get to drive one? I might be looking for a bigger car later this year.

We were thinking about a Flex but went with the Explorer. This is the one we traded for yesterday:

-

You should check out the Edge Sport...those are sharp looking:
 -

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

We were thinking about a Flex but went with the Explorer. This is the one we traded for yesterday:

-

-

Nice explorer my wife loves this style of explorer. I need at least a 7 seater. And I like how the flex has a bit more room than the explorer

--------------------

theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

We just bought a Flex. 3.6 ecoboost and AWD. So far we love it!

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
quote:
quote:

-

-

Nice explorer my wife loves this style of explorer. I need at least a 7 seater. And I like how the flex has a bit more room than the explorer
The explorer seats 7:) there's three rows. You can get the middle row in a bench or two buckets.

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
OThe explorer seats 7:) there's three rows. You can get the middle row in a bench or two buckets. [/QB]
How is the trunk space on the explorer though.

--------------------

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
quote:
OThe explorer seats 7:) there's three rows. You can get the middle row in a bench or two buckets.

How is the trunk space on the explorer though. [/QB]
There's decent room... The flex probably has more. This is the back with the third row down. We put our two black labs back there. The middle row an to completely flat too.

-

[ 2016-03-22, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com