Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » So yeah I was fired today from work for.......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: So yeah I was fired today from work for.......
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Letting customer service know that our customers are not happy with the service that the company is providing. To make a long story short my former employer was bought out and we were aquired by a company by the name of Gold Star Foods.

What finally did me in was I sent an email to corperate office in Ontario Ca. All of our old customers are upset that we are no longer Ed Jones Food Service and that they are stuck under contract with the new company. I sent the email to all of the Directors down south ( including my new boss of 3 months here in Fairfield Ca.) Letting them know that if they don't go oit and talk to their customers that schools were gonna jump ship.

It really sucks because my Dad and his partner built up the company over 15 years from 2 trucks and 2 whs workers, to 15 trucks and 30+ employees in that short amount of time. He's got one final escrow payment left and he's also done with them.

JUST AND FYI
Gold Star Foods is building a new northern DC in Dixon Ca off Curry road ( The old Kragens Building)
I would advise against working for these guys. I had over 15 years of experience in the food service industry and they fired me for warning them about their own customers looking to leave the co op. Not to mention half the workers have aps out searching for new jobs. [Eek!]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a lot of typical corporate BS and right on par.

like a lot of these buy outs, mergers, take overs they want to clean house and look for any reason/excuse to get rid of you. Problem is, if you try to fight it they'll find another reason to fire you later. In other words, you are now a target and your days will be stressed and days are numbered.

What did they say exactly as to why you got fired?

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like retaliation for whistle blowing to me, you may wanna contact the labor board regarding the matter,and a lawyer . Well that's if you have not had any write ups or anything
Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was the transportation Supervisor. I was salary and they took advantage of that. When I became a salary I could no longer clock in and record my hours. I am writing down my hours now to show all the 6-7 day work weeks and stuff. On some days I would come in at 4:30am, deliver a route in a class A truck, come back to the shop areter delivering and have a transfer truck show up between 4:00pm-9:00pm, offload it and load it onto smaller bobtails and leave around 10:30-11:00pm....... Then come back to work again at 4:30am and do it all again. I made sure I ran roites that were under 100 miles so I didn't have to run a log book..... Crazy thing is, I didn't mind stepping up and getting shit done. I've never been afraide of hard work when I think it's for a good cause. I thought my hard work would pay off down the line.
But Now I know it wasn't worth the 110% effort.

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by totalkaos92:
Sounds like retaliation for whistle blowing to me, you may wanna contact the labor board regarding the matter,and a lawyer . Well that's if you have not had any write ups or anything

I am planning on it.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry bout the job bro, same thing happen to Alex smith. Move on to your KC Chiefs and get that money.

[ 2016-02-05, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In the corporate system just remember they only give a Fuck about profit$.

You are just a # to them. I just do my hours STFU and deal with it. Not salary here though.

I keep a voice recorder in my front pocket in case they start throwing a shit fit. It helped me before..

Good luck.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This place is hiring if you're interested.
https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=42800&CurrentPage=1

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup sounds like they had it in for U before U sent the message out to the higher up's!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're most likely an employee at will. Good luck.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

You are just a # to them. I just do my hours STFU and deal with it. Not salary here though.

I keep a voice recorder in my front pocket in case they start throwing a shit fit. It helped me before..

Good luck.

It sucks that I totally agree with what you just said. I feel bad for this guy but there is no denying this is the America we have today.

Doesn't sound like whistle blowing to me. All he was doing was relaying a message from all the pissed off customers so it still makes me think they wanted to get rid of him.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Sorry bout the job bro, same thing happen to Alex smith. Move on to your KC Chiefs and get that money.

Dick LMFAO [Razz]

--------------------

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ssafoods.com
we are a good company to work for our pay is on a component set up and is as follows

.148 per case
6.48 per stop
.418 per mile
and down time is paid @ $26.051

a typical route is 1200cases 10 stops/store's
and milage can vary from 30mi to 200is round trip

you have the ability to earn any where from 60k to 100k plus

[ 2016-02-05, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: JZTRK ]

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He'll I been asking my boss to fire me since June of last year an he still hasn't. I hoping next week may be the end.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

Well I gave them the registration for 3 trucks 9 months in advance for payment to dmv. They sat on it for so long that I had to rent 3 tractors for 2 months while they figured out how to make an appoinment to pay the registration. Sad thing is I did a lot of shit to help their bottom line and they constanlty wouldn't listen to me.
Being the ex owners son was a major chip on my shoulder with those guys.

Mind you the director of transportation was the one that dropped the ball on the re

--------------------

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]It sucks that I totally ag
Doesn't sound like whistle blowing to me. All he was doing was relaying a message from all the pissed off customers so it still makes me think they wanted to get rid of him. [/QB][/QUOTE]

The fact that he went over his manager to a higher authority could be considered whistle blowing, which caused the retaliation

Just possibly... worth looking into though

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

It sucks that I totally ag
Doesn't sound like whistle blowing to me. All he was doing was relaying a message from all the pissed off customers so it still makes me think they wanted to get rid of him. [/QB][/QUOTE]

The fact that he went over his manager to a higher authority could be considered whistle blowing, which caused the retaliation

That's not whistle blowing.
Just possibly... worth looking into though [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:

It sucks that I totally ag

That's not whistle blowing at all.
Just possibly... worth looking into though [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In life you have to pick and choose your battles, you picked the wrong one obviously and learned a tough lesson, good luck on the job search.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

Dick LMFAO [Razz]
Until they make a band aid for when your feelings hurt, you should just shut the fuck up and do your job and you wouldn't be fired. True

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Well good thing about California is if there's a problem, you can speak on it to a higher authority... and if somebody gets mad and fires you for it, you can sue them lol
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope you find a job soon...

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
lifted150
¯
Member # 14217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifted150  Ford pictures for lifted150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stealing boxes on your day off?
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm, so what was the protected act if its a retaliation case ? I would advise to contact an employment law attorney, and also do the research. Getting fired does suck, just apply for edd though. One thing I know the lawyer will say is, that for a retaliation case you have to prove that the main cause for your getting fired was you acting in a protected manner under law. The law used to be that it was easier to prove these cases , but the law has changed and now its harder for you to prove. the burden of proof falls on you .
Then even if you win, you have to collect it yourself too which is a whole other ballgame as well. Money judgments ARE NOT collected for you by the court or the FTB or anyone really , you have to go out there and use the courts and procedures available to you , it takes time, patience, perseverance, you have to be absolutely relentless,or you can hire someone to do it,BUT that takes all the thrill out of the chase , out of the hunt, plus you wont learn how its done if you hire a collection agent and they are not too cheep either

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com