Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » mishimoto radiator warranty help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: mishimoto radiator warranty help
5.0-93coupe
¯
Member # 13554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0-93coupe  Ford pictures for 5.0-93coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 3row mishimoto on fox n it's leaking do have to have a receipt to get another one because I kno there lifetime

--------------------
93coupe

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most places will require original sales receipt to verify it was purchased by you and not used from somewhere else
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah with out the receipt they won't exchange it I went through the same thing couple years back!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

5.0-93coupe
¯
Member # 13554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0-93coupe  Ford pictures for 5.0-93coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok thanks guys

--------------------
93coupe

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mishimoto is lifetime?? I did not know that. Are they worth it??

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
Mishimoto is lifetime?? I did not know that. Are they worth it??

Charles [patriot]

Yes they are lifetime but only if you're the original purchaser(says your name on the receipt). I'm not sure if they're worth it but I do have their radiator/dual fan setup in my fox but I haven't driven it to see how it does. I hope it lasts longer than my Fluidyne did.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Sinister Mustang
¯
Member # 13889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sinister Mustang  Ford pictures for Sinister Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As everyone has mentioned, you must be the original purchaser.

--------------------
Message me for 1979-2015 Mustang Parts!

www.SinisterMustang.com

Posts: 255 | From: Roseville,CA | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where did you buy it? Some sites just check your purchase history for warranty some places keep your phone # in the system without receipt needed for warranty.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bringing this back for comment and possible future help....

I mentioned this in another thread but didn't want to steal the thread.

I bought the SVE 3 row from LMR about a year and 8 months ago. I had to return the first one because it leaked after 8 months. They replaced it with no issue by looking at my purchase history like mentioned above. Now, after a year, this one is leaking as well. They are shipping me another after the same process. However, now my third one (coming today), I have zero confidence in the long life of this radiator....hope it proves me wrong.

I see Neight had the same issue with the Fluidyne, and that cost $200 more than the SVE!! Are there any dependable 3 core radiators out there that will last?? Mishimoto? Champion? Im using it with a Flexalite Black Magic Extreme electric fan.

[ 2016-03-07, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Marks93 ]

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
Bringing this back for comment and possible future help....

I mentioned this in another thread but didn't want to steal the thread.

I bought the SVE 3 row from LMR about a year and 8 months ago. I had to return the first one because it leaked after 8 months. They replaced it with no issue by looking at my purchase history like mentioned above. Now, after a year, this one is leaking as well. They are shipping me another after the same process. However, now my third one (coming today), I have zero confidence in the long life of this radiator....hope it proves me wrong.

I see Neight had the same issue with the Fluidyne, and that cost $200 more than the SVE!! Are there any dependable 3 core radiators out there that will last?? Mishimoto? Champion? Im using it with a Flexalite Black Magic Extreme electric fan.

I've had a fluidyne for almost 10 years, never leaked.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a howe custom make me one it wasn't too expensive worked great in my 67

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Summit's Performance Fit aluminum radiators are good. Part number SUM-380451. Call and make sure they're made in the USA. If you don't have an AOD, you can find a universal house brand radiator that's cheaper and will still fit. Non USA radiators will always leak. Buy American while you still can.
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info. Not a bad price at $290, however, 3.125" overall thickness?? Damn. [Eek!]
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It fits tight, but fine in a fox. If you want to save money and not pay for the AOD cooler, this model also fits http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-380477 Just call and make sure they're made in the USA. The summit housebrand parts that are made in the USA are quality. Non USA parts I wouldn't touch.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com