Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1000HP Whipple Terminator? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1000HP Whipple Terminator?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes we can do that.
Our goal was 900 to the tires, but we eclipsed that easily, and with less boost than anticipated to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjvy3A4XyZA

[ 2015-11-08, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Yes we can do that.
Our goal was 900 to the tires, but we eclipsed that easily, and with less boost than anticipated to boot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjvy3A4XyZA

NICE!

-

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn 😳
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow! Is that's a killer chiller in the back? If not is that a more efficient setup than the killer chiller? Did you say e85 or c85?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Wow! Is that's a killer chiller in the back? If not is that a more efficient setup than the killer chiller? Did you say e85 or c85?

No, the killer chiller uses the AC to chill the intercooler reservoir. This setup replaces the stock reservoir with a large ice / water tank in the trunk. A lot of drag race cars use it to keep a large volume of cold water to keep inlet air temps in check.

C85 is what we tuned the setup on with 19psi, to be safe. At 1000RWHP I like to use C85 rather than pump E85. After all, 15+% of E85 is 87 octane gasoline, but 15% of C85 is Oxygenated Race Gas.

On E85 with the 3.75" pulley (13psi is what we saw) the setup put down 820RWHP. That is what the car left on, low boost with pump E85.

[ 2015-11-08, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:

No, the killer chiller uses the AC to chill the intercooler reservoir. This setup replaces the stock reservoir with a large ice / water tank in the trunk. A lot of drag race cars use it to keep a large volume of cold water to keep inlet air temps in check.

C85 is what we tuned the setup on with 19psi, to be safe. At 1000RWHP I like to use C85 rather than pump E85. After all, 15+% of E85 is 87 octane gasoline, but 15% of C85 is Oxygenated Race Gas.

On E85 with the 3.75" pulley (13psi is what we saw) the setup put down 820RWHP. That is what the car left on, low boost with pump E85.

Wow that high compression and stroker throw up some numbers only on 13 psi of boost.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Show car /dyno queen or is getting a cage and make some track laps in it?

An very good numbers.

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:

An very good numbers.

I don't know what the customer has in mind the for car. It's one thing to build a high HP combination, it's quite another to make the car go down a drag strip safely and efficiently.

Customer drove the car home to the bay area BTW. The cams are wicked, but it's still quite streetable.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's one badass cobra [patriot]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:

An very good numbers.

I don't know what the customer has in mind the for car. It's one thing to build a high HP combination, it's quite another to make the car go down a drag strip safely and efficiently.

Customer drove the car home to the bay area BTW. The cams are wicked, but it's still quite streetable.

That's cool that's a driver still.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got a chance to talk with the owner when i was up at the shop. real solid build, done right.

[ 2015-11-08, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: 93ReefBlue5.0 ]

Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's legit setup right there.

Way to go Shaun! I talked to your friends at Dynocom at SEMA last week. They said to say hello.

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
That's legit setup right there.

Way to go Shaun! I talked to your friends at Dynocom at SEMA last week. They said to say hello.

I take it you met Alison? Paul I think skips the trade shows. I have not seen them since last summer when I was in TX, but I'll be seeing them in a month in Indianapolis.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't get her name, but she definitely has a sense of humor.

PRI is on my bucket list for 2016. SEMA is great, but the real race companies don't go, and I am moving on from show cars to race cars.

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [patriot]

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is "standard correction" that was selected on the dyno graph?

--------------------
Jesus is king!

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never knew a 2.9 whipple was even capable of 1000rwhp

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
I never knew a 2.9 whipple was even capable of 1000rwhp

maybe not on 8:5 compression and pump gas.. But this is the first ive ever seen a 2.9 even break 850+

[ 2015-11-10, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Vndcatr ]

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very impressive!!

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SVT_Brian
¯
Member # 12656

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT_Brian  Ford pictures for SVT_Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will eventually see the strip and it will remain a driver.
ill end up getting a big/little slick setup and possibly a cage for it in the future as well.
right now, i want to enjoy it as the car has been down since 2012.

[ 2015-11-10, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: SVTGabe ]

Posts: 194 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGabe:
ill end up getting a big/little slick setup and possibly a cage for it in the future as well.

I didn't realize this is your car, Brian. Congrats on the monstrous numbers!

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
SnakeForce
¯
Member # 9313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeForce  Ford pictures for SnakeForce    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Brian,now you need your rks back LOL J/K

--------------------
03 tangelo Snake
03 f150 harley Davidson

SVT_Brian
¯
Member # 12656

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT_Brian  Ford pictures for SVT_Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeForce:
Congrats Brian,now you need your rks back LOL J/K

thanks! nah, i can barely hook with 325 m&h's so i think it might be a tad scary with those, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Originally posted by SVTGabe:

I didn't realize this is your car, Brian. Congrats on the monstrous numbers!
Thanks!!
Posts: 194 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Brian! That thing is a beast!

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow!! Monster Build! Monster Numbers! Good Job to all involved.

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com