Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How Many Of Us Are Students? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How Many Of Us Are Students?
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3rd year apprentice at UA local 342 [patriot]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm at San Francsico State University should be finished this December !

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sofresh:
I'm at San Francsico State University should be finished this December !

Congrats! What major?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Down to 34 units till I get my BA in Analytical management. Taking next year off though. Got my marriage and honeymoon in the way of studies. I'm 31.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have a psychology degree already, 12 units away from ba in economics! Im At sac state
Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thank god this thread hasnt been derailed by the rare few here that try to justify that a degree aint gonna get u anywhere and im making yada yada 6 figures crap cuz degrees are over rated. LOL

please create another thread about your success story on how u made it w/out a degree so those that arent in college can model their career path to yours. [Razz]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

kast1376
¯
Member # 8499

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kast1376  Ford pictures for kast1376    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Once the gf finishes up her RN courses and is a RN, I want to go back to get my MBA and turn my Econ minor into a major.
Posts: 189 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Returning student after 3 1/2 years at CSU Fullerton. Psychology and Math double major, focusing on data analysis (think heavy stats).

I may alter my course and just graduate with a BA in Psychology then focus on the research & stats side of things in grad school, just to save me 50k in living expenses and tuition from the double major since I can apply that towards grad school. At the same time, I think I would feel more accomplished if I get my BA in Math as well and enter a graduate math program. We shall see!

50k in living expenses? Did you include a coke and hooker alocation into your living requirements? How much of the 50k is tuition?
LMAO. I wish I had the balls to party like that. 61 units to compleye the double major, figure two years if I get lucky and can complet it by taking all the units possible in 4 semesters and two summer sessions, plus winter intersessions. Tuition would be roughly 20k including textbooks then living expenses. Rent in the OC isn't cheap and I'm mainly focusing on school so a part time job doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme.
out of curiosity, with a math major why not take that skill and get into the CS or engineering field? if math is your passion and you're specifically looking for that dream job that requires a math degree thats fine but seems to me that you'll have more higher paying options by pursuing some of the other fields that require a strong math base. by being strong in math, youre easily able to adapt that skill to other fields...shiet i took enough math to the point i was 1 or 2 classes short of a minor so i know.

i know quite a few ppl that are in both engineering and computer engineering and sw field that are doing quite well but not so many in math...just trying to understand the reasoning behind that decision.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bought a carpet from Aladdin, so I can fly and finesse and do magic.

[ 2015-09-29, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got 4 more classes to be able to apply to x-ray and nursing school. I originally wanted to be a paramedic fireman but I decided that these were better for me. I also went to EMT school about 4-5 years ago.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know how long does it really take to get a GE? I just started mine but im taking 18 units this quarter. Also would it be a good idea to take on my Automotive courses at the same time as my GE?

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's GE?

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:
Returning student after 3 1/2 years at CSU Fullerton. Psychology and Math double major, focusing on data analysis (think heavy stats).

I may alter my course and just graduate with a BA in Psychology then focus on the research & stats side of things in grad school, just to save me 50k in living expenses and tuition from the double major since I can apply that towards grad school. At the same time, I think I would feel more accomplished if I get my BA in Math as well and enter a graduate math program. We shall see!

50k in living expenses? Did you include a coke and hooker alocation into your living requirements? How much of the 50k is tuition?
LMAO. I wish I had the balls to party like that. 61 units to compleye the double major, figure two years if I get lucky and can complet it by taking all the units possible in 4 semesters and two summer sessions, plus winter intersessions. Tuition would be roughly 20k including textbooks then living expenses. Rent in the OC isn't cheap and I'm mainly focusing on school so a part time job doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme.
out of curiosity, with a math major why not take that skill and get into the CS or engineering field? if math is your passion and you're specifically looking for that dream job that requires a math degree thats fine but seems to me that you'll have more higher paying options by pursuing some of the other fields that require a strong math base. by being strong in math, youre easily able to adapt that skill to other fields...shiet i took enough math to the point i was 1 or 2 classes short of a minor so i know.

i know quite a few ppl that are in both engineering and computer engineering and sw field that are doing quite well but not so many in math...just trying to understand the reasoning behind that decision.

If I follow you, you're saying why math major versus computer sci or engineering major? My line of thought was the psychology major translates well when it comes to the interpretation/research methods/report writing side of statistics. I've searched postings for statisticians and data analyst/analyst and there are postings in varied industries (automotive, finance, health, IT) that are looking for candidates with MS in stats with experience of software for their respective field. When you say doing well, do you mean 100-150-200k incomes? With a graduate degree the base salaries seem to range around 70-85k or so and low 100s with a few years of experience.

I have considered engineering as math is nearly identical with the addition of physics and such, but my psychology degree wouldnt carry much weight. Feel free to chime in with any anecdotal experience (personal or friends) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
What's GE?

General Education
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:
Does anyone know how long does it really take to get a GE? I just started mine but im taking 18 units this quarter. Also would it be a good idea to take on my Automotive courses at the same time as my GE?

If I was you I would take care of GE so you could get it out the way and won't be side track with automotive. In my college the total units to be done with GE is 35 units that's if you test good on the assessment test. I didn't do great on it so I had to work my way up because of the prerequisite shit. Started from the bottom and I'm still here. Check your college catalog or check with counselor

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
quote:
Originally posted by Wht86drop:

If I was you I would take care of GE so you could get it out the way and won't be side track with automotive. In my college the total units to be done with GE is 35 units that's if you test good on the assessment test. I didn't do great on it so I had to work my way up because of the prerequisite shit. Started from the bottom and I'm still here. Check your college catalog or check with counselor
It would be ok to take an auto class while working on ur GE, at least you'll have one class ur really interested. It sounds like that's what u want to do and it's not a bad idea at all.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com