Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fr500 or sve 10 anniversarie?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fr500 or sve 10 anniversarie?
SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEV7NS91GT  Ford pictures for SEV7NS91GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking to do a 5 lug swap, and put on one of these. Ive heard that fr500 are harder because you need ranger axles. But would it be easier just to do the latemodelresto 5 lug swap kit with the sve's? Anybody done either wheels? Just looking to be informed before u purchase sn95 5 lugs or the late model ones. Wich way would u go?

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

Posts: 388 | From: Bay Area SJ | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on what you want your end result to be. 4 wheels disc or stick with drum? Fox length will get you more clearance for larger wheels I believe. Standard gt rear disc is an easy swap or you can go all out and use nrc brackets and cobra rear brakes and keep fox width. It's really just a lot of options, and configurations.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEV7NS91GT  Ford pictures for SEV7NS91GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Depends on what you want your end result to be. 4 wheels disc or stick with drum? Fox length will get you more clearance for larger wheels I believe. Standard gt rear disc is an easy swap or you can go all out and use nrc brackets and cobra rear brakes and keep fox width. It's really just a lot of options, and configurations.

For now i just want some fr500, purchasing sn95 lug swap with ranger axles im going to stick with drums right now but plan and put disk brakes in the future my main thing is getting 5 lug on.

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEV7NS91GT:
quote:

For now i just want some fr500, purchasing sn95 lug swap with ranger axles im going to stick with drums right now but plan and put disk brakes in the future my main thing is getting 5 lug on.
Just to get it done go get some ranger or Aerostar axles (look up what side is which yourself) a new 9" drum swap it all your stock fox 8.8 you will be good in the back for the most part. For the front, you could do it 1 time and get it over with, with some cobra front brakes like most people end up with anyways. Or some stock 94/95 brakes will suffice. Like I said lots of options and avenues you can go with

--------------------
King Lx

SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

quote:
quote:
quote:

Just to get it done go get some ranger or Aerostar axles (look up what side is which yourself) a new 9" drum swap it all your stock fox 8.8 you will be good in the back for the most part. For the front, you could do it 1 time and get it over with, with some cobra front brakes like most people end up with anyways. Or some stock 94/95 brakes will suffice. Like I said lots of options and avenues you can go with
Thats what im doing have a guy who has rear swap with ranger axles just need some drums, and the sn95 fronts. Thanks for the help leaning alot towards the fr500 with 315 in the back.

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats what im doing have a guy who has rear swap with ranger axles just need some drums, and the sn95 fronts. Thanks for the help leaning alot towards the fr500 with 315 in the back.
Good luck getting those 315's to fit. No quad shock perfect offset, rolled fenders, beat the inner wheel well and run nitto's only you might get lucky

--------------------
King Lx

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good luck getting those 315's to fit. No quad shock perfect offset, rolled fenders, beat the inner wheel well and run nitto's only you might get lucky
A lot of people run 315's in the rear with 10.5 94-04 offset wheels.. fox length drum, remove quad shock, roll fenders, a lil tough love on the inner wheel wells, and usually a lil 1/4" spacer to help with excessive rubbing.. sits almost flush with the body and looks mean as hell from the back!!

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A lot of people run 315's in the rear with 10.5 94-04 offset wheels.. fox length drum, remove quad shock, roll fenders, a lil tough love on the inner wheel wells, and usually a lil 1/4" spacer to help with excessive rubbing.. sits almost flush with the body and looks mean as hell from the back!!
Fox axles? How about with ranger axles? Im doing 18x10 maybe not 315 what would u suggest?

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What size would u suggest bro?

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 295/35/18 with the fenders rolled and fox length axles. 18x10 rim.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:

No rubbing? Just fenders rolled? Im running ranger axles

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

No rubbing. And it's lowered.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

quote:
quote:
quote:

No rubbing. And it's lowered.
Yea mine is lowered, ima roll my fenders and hopefully run 295's since it seems 315's might be too much

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on. The tire profile on the front wheel. I'm going good with 285 in the rear on my 18x10 and 255 up front on 18x9. I prefer the side walls to look about the same for the to back.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com