Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 96 GT LS swap build thread..ITS ALIVE!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My 96 GT LS swap build thread..ITS ALIVE!!!
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
quote:
Originally posted by BTLD GT:
quote:
Originally posted by NvrGoFullRetard:
Not to be negative. But. Your 400hp on motor will not happen with the combo you said.maybe 330 especially going threw a turbo 400

is this from personal experience or hear say. i personally know of a stock long block lm7 with cam lt's and intake that makes 380 rwhp through a 4500 stall turbo 400. so 400 is a possibility with ported heads. just my .02 cents

Daniel

hear say lol and it runs 9.8's
WOW 9.8's i gotta see that. [Wink]

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FINALLY A UPDATE!!! 11/16/15

I have been gathering parts for the swap. Finally got the engine bay ready for the suspension and engine. Started to install suspension but ran out of light. Only need a drive shaft and this thing will be ready to go! The car should be up and running by the Street Actions toy drive on 12/12. Here is some pics of the progress. thanks to @dfg_Eli on IG for getting the new panels welded in for me!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ 2015-11-16, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: coupe5oh ]

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Going with manual trans now ?

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sofresh:

yea I plan on driving the car a lot and for now itll be stick. driving to LA for knots and taking it to South Carolina for mustang week in july

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice job with the engine bay! Keep at it [patriot]
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by i:
Nice job with the engine bay! Keep at it [patriot]

should be on all 4 tires by tomorrow..gonna get the rest of the front suspension and brakes on.

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
quote:

yea I plan on driving the car a lot and for now itll be stick. driving to LA for knots and taking it to South Carolina for mustang week in july
Yea I've seen mustang week on YouTube looks really fun. Going with 6 speed ?

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
quote:

Yea I've seen mustang week on YouTube looks really fun. Going with 6 speed ?
yea t56

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Got the rest of the suspension and brakes in today and got the car on the ground. I was sent the wrong steering rack bushings so I couldn't put it on. Time to finish putting the engine together so I can drop it in.

-

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get herrrrrr done! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice work! just wondering wouldnt the hp be around the same with a built PI and Nos just curious i Dont know anything about chevys. i see the difference in the suspension for weight savings but motor for motor they seem they would be close to the same hp levels. Again not hatin just curious. cant wait to see the finished product

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
Very nice work! just wondering wouldnt the hp be around the same with a built PI and Nos just curious i Dont know anything about chevys. i see the difference in the suspension for weight savings but motor for motor they seem they would be close to the same hp levels. Again not hatin just curious. cant wait to see the finished product

ill make more HP on motor with the LS than I would of with the spray on the 2v

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coyotefox
¯
Member # 14117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coyotefox  Ford pictures for coyotefox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't get a shout out for helping huh

--------------------
1993 coyote swapped fox

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by coyotefox:
I don't get a shout out for helping huh

Yea.. Thanks for handing me the tools.

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess I dont either
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice engine bay work + K member swap..

Live that green. Forest green?

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Very nice engine bay work + K member swap..

Live that green. Forest green?

Thanks.. yea its DFG the panels were put on by @DFG_Eli(His IG)and the body/paint was done by Brad^^^..
and coyoefox helped with some of the front suspension.

[ 2015-11-21, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: coupe5oh ]

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Got the engine assembled (intake is placed on for the pic since I have a lift plate that bolts where the valley cover goes.) should be in on saturday or sunday.

-

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Motor is in..
 -

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Motor is pretty much together. Got the car on the ground with the motor in it for the first time and I'm happy with the way it sits(fender isn't bolted on just put on to see how it looks). Car is going to my boys house tomorrow for him to do all the wiring. Should be up and running within the next 2 weeks.

-

-

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are you doing for exaust. Do they make a a exhaust swap kit for this kind of setup. Also is this gonna be a street car?

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

quote:
Originally posted by NvrGoFullRetard:
What are you doing for exaust. Do they make a a exhaust swap kit for this kind of setup. Also is this gonna be a street car?

Dynatech(AFCO) makes swap longtubes which I purchased. going to run a xpipe with dumped magnaflow magnapacks. and yes it's a street car. it will be at all the ride outs, Cars and coffee, and is getting driven to LA for knotts

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

So since I had to wait 5 hours for AAA to get a flatbed, I decided to go ahead and put the hood, fenders and bumpers on the car. Kinda wish the car wasn't on a hill so I can really see how the car will sit. First time out of the garage and in the sun in 8 months. The harness on the passenger side will be completely removed since there is no use for it any more. The car is now sitting at a friends house so he can do the wiring and I can finish up some of the little stuff that needs to be done.

-

-

[ 2016-01-24, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: coupe5oh ]

--------------------
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

i
¯
Member # 12534

quote:
Originally posted by i:
Get herrrrrr done! [Whoo Whooooo!]

[worship]

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you gonna get it certified threw the state for the new swap or just go around it?
Im asking cuz i might end up doing a lsx swap into mine also.

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com