Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Have a question about your personal driveway. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Have a question about your personal driveway.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So we got a letter in the mail from the city of Menlo Park stating we have to move our cars in our driveway or we get a $500 fine. We own our house and have a long gated driveway(you can fit 7 cars back to back) and they said they're going to come to check and see if the cars run which my hatch doesn't but is registered and insured as is every car we own. Can they do this to us? If it matters my car is the third car in the driveway towards the back.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
foxbody
¯
Member # 582

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxbody  Ford pictures for foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
each city is different as far as city codes

they can enforce the fact that the cars must be able to start,move forward and backwards without repair needed to make them do so

but since you have a long drive way,check into your city codes.

in san jose,cars used to have to be registered as well as run,but someone sued the city for not having enough storage facilities,so now cars,trucks,boats etc can be stored in the driveway,unregistered,but cars must be able to start and move under their own power

[ 2015-05-19, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: foxbody ]

Posts: 15754 | From: san jose | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In oakland they got me for this.it has to move under it's own power.had to be a neighbor that told the city.even if it's behind a gate.good luck.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
8.20.040 Additional requirements for motor vehicle storage in front and side yards.
No motor vehicle, whether or not operational, shall be parked or stored on a required front or side yard except on a permanent driveway or parking place paved or surfaced with an all-weather, weed-free, and fire-resistant surface. (Ord. 740 § 3, 1986: Prior code § 22A.4).

I know who it was that complained because it's only one person in this whole block who gives a shit about anything. When I see her I'm gonna ask her if she has a problem kuz I'm tired of her ass always worrying about what the fuck we're doing.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
think about it in a homeowners perspective, they do not want a bunch of trashy looking cars piled up in someones yard, it brings the area down and just plain looks bad. you will have the same view if you buy a home and have a neighbor like that.
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are they on cement or dirt?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
think about it in a homeowners perspective, they do not want a bunch of trashy looking cars piled up in someones yard, it brings the area down and just plain looks bad. you will have the same view if you buy a home and have a neighbor like that.

I know what you mean but come on I don't live in a nice neighborhood at all. My mustang in the back shouldn't be any concern compared to what goes down around here.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:

Cement, my whole driveway is cement.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F that. If you have a gate, don't let them on your property and tell them to get a warrant.

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if i understand your post you should be ok if they are on top of a cement driveway... they might not have even checked and just left you a letter...
BigBen
¯
Member # 10594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigBen  Ford pictures for BigBen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one of my old managers had to deal with this same thing, also in menlo park, he actually had the police department send someone over to make sure the car started and moved on its own power. First time the cop showed up it didnt start, so he had to actually reschedule an appointment for the cop to show back up. One of his neighbors complained about hte car being in his backyard.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had the city send me a letter because my truck had a flat tire. It's just part of the car game
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have it covered?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
Do you have it covered?

No I don't. It's just sitting there dirty from the neighbors tree(one of the complainers) on all fours, air in all tires, all body panels on.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you say "we" do you mean my parents?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

Yes foolio. I'm 23 and live with my parents, big whoop.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think about your parents, dont think they need you confronting neighbors man, just makes more problems for them...let it go and clean that yard up..good luck
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

It is a big deal, your parents worked hard to raise you so that one day you can make it on your own. At 23 you should have a degree for a couple of years or if your still in school you should be going for a doctorate. If your not doing any of the above, wouldn't the burden and shame your parents have to live with be lifted by you giving it a shot and trying to live on your own and pay your own bills and deal with your own driveway. The pride of being able to support yourself and not be a burden to the family anymore, does that have any value anymore for people? I'd like to see things on your end but I can't even fathom the idea of being over 20 and living next to mama and dada. Unless they had a mansion in the hills, but even then what a burden and shame to bear.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:

Cement, my whole driveway is cement.
Lol are you sure??, I pass by your house everyday......but anyways I think they need to be out of eye sight or inside a garage if they aren't in running condition. It sucks that people snitch you out, like who cares they dont pay your mortgage/rent so they shouldn't tell you what your house should or shouldn't have.

[ 2015-05-20, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7 cars down the driveway, how many are parked on the grass and in the street.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd complain to the city too if I had a neighbor with 7 cars in their driveway and only 2-3 of them ever ran, lol

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
I'd complain to the city too if I had a neighbor with 7 cars in their driveway and only 2-3 of them ever ran, lol

i was thinking it, you said it

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:
quote:

It is a big deal, your parents worked hard to raise you so that one day you can make it on your own. At 23 you should have a degree for a couple of years or if your still in school you should be going for a doctorate. If your not doing any of the above, wouldn't the burden and shame your parents have to live with be lifted by you giving it a shot and trying to live on your own and pay your own bills and deal with your own driveway. The pride of being able to support yourself and not be a burden to the family anymore, does that have any value anymore for people? I'd like to see things on your end but I can't even fathom the idea of being over 20 and living next to mama and dada. Unless they had a mansion in the hills, but even then what a burden and shame to bear.
I'm not one who likes school so I chose not to go. I'm trying to save up to eventually buy my own house and not have to waste money/time renting at someone else's property. And for the record my hatch and the '64 Impala are the only two cars that do not run.

I only came on here to ask for advice on the driveway situation not for a life lesson....

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NEIGHT-with Facebook around the corner and building from your house, things are going to change for sure....Menlo PD are going to start enforcing those regulations that exist but don't exist if you know what I mean.....It's all politics. They want to make the area look nice for those wealthy engineers, directors, software programmers and of course MR. Suckerberg. On the bright side, Menlo Park homes will have gained substantially in value [Wink] just like what's going on right now. Those homes have raised +200,000 since the new facebook has opened and I heard all along Willow Rd those small business are owned by FB.....GL with fighting that ordinance...

[ 2015-05-20, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: mikeP ]

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that fat ass white dude. Lol. Call the boys they got your back
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com