Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Picked up another fox (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Picked up another fox
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here she is in all her fuzzy iPhone nighttime camera glory
 -
1985 gt 5 speed Oxford white tan interior with sport seats
Power windows
Power locks
Cruise control
Factory alarm
Map pocket on driver side
Mud flaps on all 4 corners
147k on the whole car but when I say it's as clean as a car with say half the life I mean it.
Car has been in a garage since 2004 last smogged in 04 and only 10k after that the motor stopped working. Tossed a beaten trey in it and all the electronics came to life, dash worked flawlessly lights worked great except the fog lights gotta check the bulbs, clock works cig lighter works it's a true survivor IMO

Clean title been on no op the whole time and came with a box of goodies including brand new tubular control arms all brand new weather stripping including inner and outter dew wipes, hood to firewall seal, all the door and body to door rubbers. Car is straight as an arrow but the gt hood decal is in need of replacing. Factory hatch struts still work car hasn't been lowered, tampered with nada. Oh and a brand new engine harness came with it.. Ripped the front of the motor off tonight degreased the engine bay and pressure washed the shit out of the whole car came out beautiful. We took out all the plugs and shot some lubricant down each cylinder and cranked it by hand.

- After the purple power and elbow grease she's looking pretty again. Anti-siezed the water pump to clutch fan area for next time put it all back together and that's that for tonight

Tomorrow we will prime the motors oil system of we can find the tool to do so, disconnect the gas tank to pump hard line and run our own gas line to an external can just to get the motor fired then we will run the pump to carb line into a bucket to clear the lines of any 11 year old debris, check for leaks comb through it do it right. I'll probably end up selling it soon but it's nice to find a clean fox you don't have to do anything to. A real gem is what I'm calling this one.

[ 2015-05-08, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: LXjames ]

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Original plates too. NICE!!!!

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for some reason I can't get to second picture to work no matter what I do bear with me until later I'll get better pics

[ 2015-05-08, 05:45 AM: Message edited by: LXjames ]

--------------------
King Lx

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happened to the lsx dream lol ?? Cool hatch though [patriot]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The most is 4k resell value. Not a lot of guys like carb motors. Looks to be original but I would pressure water that blue paint on the water pump. However, look nice.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by i:
The most is 4k resell value. Not a lot of guys like carb motors. Looks to be original but I would pressure water that blue paint on the water pump. However, look nice.

Yea I'll wait for the right buyer this cars clean not all beat up like the rest of my cars or anybody here for that matter. There's a buyer for every car

--------------------
King Lx

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
Originally posted by i:

Yea I'll wait for the right buyer this cars clean not all beat up like the rest of my cars or anybody here for that matter. There's a buyer for every car
This can be a nice one. good pickup
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are you thinking about asking for it?

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
What are you thinking about asking for it?

First things first is just checking everything on the whole car I want someone to see the price and see how well kept and original it is. I mean I have a the bucktag that's never been installed, I have the warranty card with original owners name date sold etc, I have window sticker, 1985 mustang brochure, owners manual, it's getting all new window felts and weather stripping, hood decal. I'll have to hunt down 2 parts, the seat belt sleeves because they don't make the tan ones and the dash cover is cracked and they also don't make a tan one either but I think I'll buy a new one and have it wrapped with the matching vinyl professionally. Definitely not a run of the mill 4k fox

--------------------
King Lx

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4k is the max you would get for it, you'll probably get offers of 2 to 3 allday. Just be careful with the money you invest in it cause it sounds like you have some unrealistic goals of the return your going to get on this investment.

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
4k is the max you would get for it, you'll probably get offers of 2 to 3 allday. Just be careful with the money you invest in it cause it sounds like you have some unrealistic goals of the return your going to get on this investment.

Agreed, Im almost certain, youl ask over 5k and be in for a let down, If its for flipping purposes try and get it running good and ask 2500 as is.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn , I felt like I just left the dealership . Anyways nice fox . I'm sure you will find the "RIGHT" person to pay over 4k

[ 2015-05-08, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

Agreed, Im almost certain, youl ask over 5k and be in for a let down, If its for flipping purposes try and get it running good and ask 2500 as is.
Bet he was going to ask around 7,500$ lol
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by flores24v:
quote:
quote:

In pesos!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wax the paint .. Full detail ... Repaint the black on the hood . Post it on Craigslist , copy n past that speech you gave to us with some nice pics , def can get 4k . The body looks real straight man . That's hard to find. Post some more pics on here . Love 4 eyes!

[ 2015-05-08, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
quote:
Originally posted by flores24v:
quote:
quote:

In pesos!
lol wasn't he asking like 6k for that 86 notch at one point

[ 2015-05-08, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: flores24v ]

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
Wax the paint .. Full detail ... Repaint the black on the hood . Post it on Craigslist , copy n past that speech you gave to us with some nice pics , def can get 4k . The body looks real straight man . That's hard to find. Post some more pics on here . Love 4 eyes!

Thanks will do! It's a lot nicer than the heaps these guys drive so I can give a fuck about some broke hoes who get their jollies off by talking down about another man and what he does.

--------------------
King Lx

TubeSteakJohnson
¯
Member # 8967

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TubeSteakJohnson  Ford pictures for TubeSteakJohnson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You go through foxes as fast as Shotime goes through dildos! Impressive!!!
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:

Thanks will do! It's a lot nicer than the heaps these guys drive so I can give a fuck about some broke hoes who get their jollies off by talking down about another man and what he does.
I hope you didn't throw me into the broke hoes with a heap catagory, my mustang is cleaner and faster than what you dream about. I was honestly trying to give you some advice, because every 1500 dollar car you tryed to sell on here for 6000 and up you got laughed at and was looked at as a joke and never sold them. I know you said this was a quick flip and i was just telling you to be realistic and not drop unnecessary money into it and end up loosing or getting stuck with it. Its not a low mile, well maintained car, its a 150,000 mile car that sat for 10 years that wouldn't start when you got it.

--------------------

TEAM PLATINUM

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4-5k is a decent price for that car. I sold my 86 ttop for 3k and it needed paint, a 5lug rear end and some other misc things. Was a ttop but still. A real 4 eye lover would pay for a car thats not abused.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking?

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-768:

He can't tell you because when he tries to sell for a profit people are gonna be like "you paid this much for it and you dumped $500 into it and now you want this for it!"

But to O.P if you clean the engine bay and engine parts to close to where you can Lick off it and bring the exterior back to life then I think you can make a good profit. Only downside when I had my 85 for sale it was that people didn't want carburetor even if it was a coupe so that might be issue for 1985s.

[ 2015-05-08, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You wont get anywhere near what youre hoping to ask for it, Especially since you are saying "it isn't some run of the mill $4k fox" lol. I doubt youll get much more than $3k if its in good running shape. At the end of the day, Its a 150k 85 GT with a very undesirable carb motor.

Like 86-50 said, Dont go in dumping money into it thinking its going to sell for $8k or something. Be realistic.

Here is a much more desirable 1986 GT that appears to be in much better condition than the car you picked up and the guy cant even get $4k for it.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4971811194.html

[ 2015-05-08, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4984172219.html
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
quote:

He can't tell you because when he tries to sell for a profit people are gonna be like "you paid this much for it and you dumped $500 into it and now you want this for it!"

But to O.P if you clean the engine bay and engine parts to close to where you can Lick off it and bring the exterior back to life then I think you can make a good profit. Only downside when I had my 85 for sale it was that people didn't want carburetor even if it was a coupe so that might be issue for 1985s.

I was just curious. How much someone paid for somthing before you, shouldn't dictate how much its worth to you, as a buyer. But I guess if it makes potential buyers feel better about the car lol.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com