Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My Old Car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My Old Car
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Parted with my 04 Roush after almost 11 years. It's been roughly 2 months and the new owner is already reselling it.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4966758241.html

If anybody has any questions or concerns, I have copies of all of the documentation, maintenance, history, window stickers, etc etc...

[ 2015-04-10, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont understand why people buy a car then get rid of it that quickly. I mean whats the point?
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Dont understand why people buy a car then get rid of it that quickly. I mean whats the point?

I agree,

Honestly, its a beautiful car. Garage kept since new, non-smoker and well maintained. I personally did all the maintenance on it.

I'll share this bit, NONE of the maintenance that he mentioned was recently done... the serpentine belt and tensioner were done maybe 10k miles ago? The clutch has about 40-50k miles on it, the rear end went out at 10k miles due to improper setup from the factory and was replaced by Ford with a 4.10 gearing.

If anyone has any questions let me know!

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is he trying to make money or break even?
Great looking car btw, nice color etc.

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice car. But i can see why people do this things. I mean its a gorgeous car but this new cars with so much technology and more power make this cars magic go away quick. I been wanting to get back in the stang game for a while but i keep debating ether new or older. My old 00 gt was great love that car my so was my 88 gt but i know for sure if i get ether one back i wont as happy as a new coyote or something similar.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Nice car. But i can see why people do this things. I mean its a gorgeous car but this new cars with so much technology and more power make this cars magic go away quick. I been wanting to get back in the stang game for a while but i keep debating ether new or older. My old 00 gt was great love that car my so was my 88 gt but i know for sure if i get ether one back i wont as happy as a new coyote or something similar.

I'm in the exact same boat as you lol. I keep debating on getting a SN95 Cobra or something but realize that these cars are 20 years old now and extremely outdated and i've had a few of them. There are so many amazing cars that have come out in the last 5 years, its mind blowing.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CHECK OUT THIS...

[X]

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Yeah its interesting. He's already dropped the price 400 bucks. so he's already losing money on what he paid for it, and getting new tires. So anyway...

Good luck to anyone that picks it up.

I agree on the technology, but honestly, i'd rather have a smog exempt car than a car payment. I can make a coyote out of a 1965-1969 for less than a 25-30k car.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
I agree on the technology, but honestly, i'd rather have a smog exempt car than a car payment. I can make a coyote out of a 1965-1969 for less than a 25-30k car.

well said [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah its interesting. He's already dropped the price 400 bucks. so he's already losing money on what he paid for it, and getting new tires. So anyway...

Good luck to anyone that picks it up.

Very true and in my opinion it would be way cooler, because how often do you see a coyote motor peeking out from under the hood of a classic mustang!!!

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You couldn't build a coyote powered old school mustang for 25K. Unless you did all the work yourself AND you are installing a used motor and tranny.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
didnt know you sold your roush! ive seen the car in person and its immaculate. it was also at the sac raceway cafords carshow last year.
Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnot:
didnt know you sold your roush! ive seen the car in person and its immaculate. it was also at the sac raceway cafords carshow last year.

I saw you the other day coming down Roseville Road! I see you driving around quite a bit, actually.

Yep... sold the roush... and now the new owner has it on CL. I've actually been spending an obscene amount of money on the 67 getting it back on the road and driving again. It's a drag, for sure.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahah. I should offer him 5K

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95gtdrop:

good luck, he turned down 9k
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

$9k is what he paid for it before he put new tires on it. He also had to swap the stock H pipe back on and smog it ( smog was expired by a week or two )

Honestly, a "GT" with that mileage books/nadas for about $5,700

I'd say with whats done to it aftermarket wise ( not counting the roush parts, SCT hand tuner, 4.10s, and an MRT H pipe ) $9k is plenty reasonable. I loved that car, but it just wasn't in the books for what i really wanted to do, which is why i'm working on the 67 now. It is exceptionally clean, as long as you can get over the 4.6 2v non-supercharged factor, it'll be a great car to whomever buys it. Just be aware that the new owner is a 50-60 year old man who smokes cigarettes. The car has never been smoked in for the 11 years I owned it, and he's only owned it for 2 months.

Like i mentioned in my first post, if anyone has any questions or concerns, i'd be more than happy to disclaim anything and everything they'd like to know. [Smile]

[ 2015-04-15, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey,if he takes 9k I will definitely be in contact with you!
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:

Get it for cheaper than $9k if you can! Ask him in a few more days. its already been up for 2 weeks.

[ 2015-04-15, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Were these over the phone offerers or in person? that might make a difference.

Old Cars FTW

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

The owner of the car just text me saying he sold the car for $10.5k lol

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:

Did you buy it?

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

no i did not buy it, glad he sold it..wonder why he text you lol?
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:

No idea. Lol but even at 10.5 he lost money from putting new tires on it.

Anyway, be glad you didn't buy it. It had a lot of hidden issues.

[ 2015-04-15, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:

No idea. Lol but even at 10.5 he lost money from putting new tires on it.

Anyway, be glad you didn't buy it. It had a lot of hidden issues.

Thanks, it was beautiful though, i really liked the look of it.
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What a moron. He lost money on that transaction.

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com