Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 03/04 Cobra Vs 2013 mustang (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 03/04 Cobra Vs 2013 mustang
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm starting to consider selling my 2003 cobra and buying a 2013 coyote mustang. I just want to get some feedback on these newer mustangs compared to the 2003-2004 cobras. I just want to get a pro's/ cons list going. I like the fact that the newer mustang will be under warranty and will have less miles but I like how rare the terminators are. I'm conflicted and I'm not ready to make a decision but I do want to weight the options.

--------------------
03 Terminator

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do Both. At the same time

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Switch things up if you like actually driving your cars.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't drive my cobra as much as most people drive their cars due to not having as much time but when I do I love it. I just wanted something that I could commute to work. I drive about 20-25 miles round trip so it's nothing too major but I like the fact the new mustangs have better technology. Just kind of getting a feeler and see peoples experiences/opinions on the subject.

--------------------
03 Terminator

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd grab the 11+
They drive so nice for a daily driver IMO

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coyote = daily driver
terminator = weekend warrior

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you willing to cough a bit more and have something special get the boss 302. New technology and a rare car that will hold value.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Coyote would be my choice. Termis are cool but I'm not a big fan of superchargers or turbos. N/A power would be my choice...plus the coyote motors have so much potential for big power if that's what you're going for. They handle great as well from what I hear...

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
If you willing to cough a bit more and have something special get the boss 302. New technology and a rare car that will hold value.

+1
The one thing that has prevented me from buying a new gt is the depreciation is harsh
But a Boss would surely hold value well and has all of the perks of a 11+ plus more

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Coyote would be my choice. Termis are cool but I'm not a big fan of superchargers or turbos. N/A power would be my choice...plus the coyote motors have so much potential for big power if that's what you're going for. They handle great as well from what I hear...

Lots of potential...just added a little boost to mine and I couldn't be happier.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Yea I love the boss 302 but I don't want another car payment since I'm looking into buying my first house, I'm really just swapping once car for another if I do even if I had to add a few thousand on top of mine. Thanks for the input fellas glad to see cafords has quality members
wilber650
¯
Member # 10360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilber650  Ford pictures for wilber650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in same boat couple months ago. Drive around couple cobras and loved but when I got to drive a lightly modified coyote it was really different, and now I own a 14 , which I love and daily drive and have no complaints, but be aware coyote still having issues as matter of fact my neighbor owns a 13 boss laguna Decatur and couple weeks ago had the short block replaced by Ford for a wrist pin failing, less then 15k on it. So just get the warranty is you go coyote lol

--------------------
2014 mustang Gt
2004 f150 fx4
1998 Cobra sold
1994 Gt sold

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having owned both a 03 Cobra and the new GT (a 2012 Brembo setup), you can see which one stayed. Not that I didn't enjoy the Coyote, it's just that they depreciate almost instantly. My 2003 Cobra is worth more than my 2012 ever would be. Driveability? Depending on how the car is setup, the Cobra is better 90% of the time, if it's not beat down.

If you've got the $, and like the body style...07-09 GT500. It'll hold it's value and has the bells and whistles like the 2011+ have.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
https://www.facebook.com/jayswaylv/posts/833477993397519

--------------------

95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the bruh, bruh

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Warranty is big but once you start modding and we all do, there goes your warranty... I own a coyote and a Foxbody...after a get my house and pay off my car then I will add a Terminator to the stable

--------------------
2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue # 2878
2013 5.0 with TrackPack - Sold
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3
1989 5.0 LX Convertible - Sold

Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would keep the cobra... A GT is only a GT.

Rent a GT from Hertz for a weekend?

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 75 chevy:

You realize a Mustang is a Mustang right? Most people wont even be able to tell a V6 new edge from a Cobra.

[ 2015-04-07, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:

You realize a Mustang is a Mustang right? Most people wont even be able to tell a V6 new edge from a Cobra.
Most people are Dbags!

I'm an old fuck pushin 40 now my two cents if you want a DD ford go get a Fusion. You want a Mustang here's how I see it, in my 25 years of owning driving and drooling over ever gen and style of mustang to me there's nothing like the 03/04 Cobra. Looks mods street cred I wouldn't personally have it any other way. When you're at a car show or on the street and you see a new GT do you turn your head like you do when you see a comp orange or mystichrome Corba? I know I don't.

Just my view

[ 2015-04-07, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
quote:
quote:

Most people are Dbags!

I'm an old fuck pushin 40 now my two cents if you want a DD ford go get a Fusion. You want a Mustang here's how I see it, in my 25 years of owning driving and drooling over ever gen and style of mustang to me there's nothing like the 03/04 Cobra. Looks mods street cred I wouldn't personally have it any other way. When you're at a car show or on the street and you see a new GT do you turn your head like you do when you see a comp orange or mystichrome Corba? I know I don't.

Just my view

I saw a slammed dark blue(dont know the color name) Coyote 5.0 with a GT500 wing, tinted windows and a nice set of deep dish wheels on the freeway yesterday and the thing looked amazing. Looked as good as every Cobra i've seen.

Alot of us are used to seeing modded Terminators and bone stock Coyotes. I seen a bone stock 4x4 gapped Terminator the other day and it looked like crap to me. I'm a fan of anything personalized and tastefully modded, Whether its a Fox body or S550. Mustangs are too common to be left stock.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most people are Dbags!

Just my view

I saw a slammed dark blue(dont know the color name) Coyote 5.0 with a GT500 wing, tinted windows and a nice set of deep dish wheels on the freeway yesterday and the thing looked amazing. Looked as good as every Cobra i've seen.

Alot of us are used to seeing modded Terminators and bone stock Coyotes. I seen a bone stock 4x4 gapped Terminator the other day and it looked like crap to me. I'm a fan of anything personalized and tastefully modded, Whether its a Fox body or S550. Mustangs are too common to be left stock.

Completely agree love modded cars and all mustangs for that matter but the 03/04's will always be my fav.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, this is a good subject. Both are Awesome cars so you can't go wrong either way. I can offer some thoughts on Terminator's as I have been involved in looking, buying, and selling since 2010. First off, you don't pay 25K! You don't pay 20K! In this Economy, the buyer is in charge. Get your financing together and let the deal come to you. I have had people begging me to buy their car for far less than their advertised price because most people looking can't get financed. That said,there is some risk in buying a Terminator, primarily the "head tick". My experience is that every early production 03 that I drove had a noisy engine. Never buy a low mileage (12K or lower) because the tick hasn't had time to fully develop. It's very useful to Read Cobra Bob's FAQ's on buying an 03/04. Terminator's are modern classics with a drivetrain that holds its own with anything. Their legacy is well deserved and the capabilities are extreme. Mustang enthusiasts will shower you with praise and many other brands will show respect to a Terminator. Buy a Terminator right,(well under $20K) and you will never lose a penny on your investment.

[ 2015-04-07, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: SWITCH 625.0 ]

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1063217-cobros-from-YDBT-NSFW

--------------------

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most people are Dbags!

Just my view

Well said sir [patriot]

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the 03/04 cobra. Those will be the "67 fastback" of the future.....

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com