Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What are our performance tire choices these days? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are our performance tire choices these days?
EVLSONC
¯
Member # 6172

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for EVLSONC  Ford pictures for EVLSONC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Recently put on some toyo r888 and love them as well.

--------------------
03 Sonic Blue Cobra

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let me hold those KDWs you have on there now...

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Venom
¯
Member # 9201

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venom  Ford pictures for Venom  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Invos are nice tires, very low noises and they grip ok. Very good tire for Daily driving. I got close to 25k from the invos and they not directional tires so you can rotate left to right, and Right to left. The continentals look and feel very soft, so I'm assuming they grip well but probably won't last the long.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks again for the suggestions fellas. I found a few KDW2 on amazon in the size I need, might get them, but since my rear KDW are probably about 70%, not sure if I want to get new KDW fronts since by the time my rears wear, I won't be able to find anymore KDW rear, I just hate going mismatched unless the rear is a slick or DR....

That being said, the Continentals look the best for the price. Good reviews, and a nice looking tire. The Toyo R888 look great, but those look like something that would wear VERY fast. I have the Bridgestone RE760 on my CTSV, and they are OK, but wear fast and don't look that great IMO. Invo's look pretty cool, I'm just always skeptical on Nitto stuff for some reason, probably because I was never much of an NT555 fan.

[ 2015-03-27, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can tell from the dirt and cobwebs that the car has been sitting a LOOOONNNG time, but imo no street tires look sexier than these!

-

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know what has me more shocked. The fact that these tires are discontinued or Epik posting on Cafords.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I don't know what has me more shocked. The fact that these tires are discontinued or Epik posting on Cafords.

Hahaaa! I stepped away from the forums for a while. Lol. I lurk here and there though

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

I am in the process of doing so much more to the car then how it was prior to the engine grenading, will post a progress thread eventually with all my old pic whore antics like the good ol' days lol

[ 2015-03-27, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it's good to see an OG member on here posting. Hope all your music stuff has been going well. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Well it's good to see an OG member on here posting. Hope all your music stuff has been going well. [patriot]

Thanks bro. The music has been going great, well more the DJing actually. DJing full time these days, started my own company, life's good!

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just heads up if your current tires are older the 5 years then there junk.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:

Thanks bro. The music has been going great, well more the DJing actually. DJing full time these days, started my own company, life's good!
Good to hear the dj thing worked out. I remember when you werelooking for a full time job and possibly gonna get rid of your rides.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:

Any info to prove this? My rears are probably at least 5 years old, and the fronts are probably around 4 years old. Both have low mileage and don't shoe any cracking whatsoever. Car has been sitting in the garage.

[ 2015-03-29, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Any info to prove this? My rears are probably at least 5 years old, and the fronts are probably around 4 years old. Both have low mileage and don't shoe any cracking whatsoever. Car has been sitting in the garage.
There tons of information out there after five years
http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/how-old-and-dangerous-are-your-tires.html

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

I saw that, and I'm sure much of it is true, but I've seen plenty of people run old tires, especially ones that arent exposed to weather and sun.

--------------------

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've had r888's on my mach for 2 years now. 22k miles and plenty of life left.
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
I saw that, and I'm sure much of it is true, but I've seen plenty of people run old tires, especially ones that arent exposed to weather and sun.

An I have seen way to many old tires come a part. If want to gamble go for it .an tires that sit in the same spot for long periods of time get flat spotted.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:

An I have seen way to many old tires come a part. If want to gamble go for it .an tires that sit in the same spot for long periods of time get flat spotted.
Yup. But the car has been moved from time to time. I will check them out 1st before I decide to run them or junk them.

--------------------

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup. But the car has been moved from time to time. I will check them out 1st before I decide to run them or junk them.
U should be fine. I've ran my fox on 10 year old weathered and cracked kdws (5+ years ago, the tires are probably older than 15 years now) Still have them on the fox and they hold air but I wouldn't drive on them now unless it was strictly to go swang it haha.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com