Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2 1/2 weeks after sold fox i got a house... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2 1/2 weeks after sold fox i got a house...
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So some of you know that i was in the market for a house and someone was interested in my white hatch. So after taking the cash offer for car i jumped on looking for a house. Well after looking at about 12 overpriced POS houses in sacramento i finally landed on a fully redone 4 bdrm 2 bth house in north sac near natomas. Well im proud to say its official and in about 3 weeks from now ill be getting the keys to my new pad. Feels great to go from a fox stang to a beautiful house. I do miss that clean thing but this was oh so better.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"No but its faster than your shoes"
"...."

Posts: 699 | From: SacGROWNmento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not official til you get the keys. Don't run credit, don't buy anything new, don't run up you credit cards. Make sure you get house inspections done and do whatever your loan officer tells you. And stay on top of your loan officer to make sure you know when the appraisal is done and the loan is approved.

3 weeks away is far from a done deal, but you're almost there. Good job

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SacGrown89GT:
Feels great to go from a fox stang to a beautiful house. I do miss that clean thing but this was oh so better.

damn i couldn't imagine living in a fox. good to see you bounced back.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
quote:
Feels great to go from a fox stang to a beautiful house. I do miss that clean thing but this was oh so better.

Lmao

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
quote:

Lmao
That's the best upgrade I have heard about in a while that's for sure
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
inspections, appraisal, actual loan approval/underwriting, Long way to go BUT congrats on getting an offer accepted. When I bought my first house 4 years ago there were 15-20 offers on almost any house I placed an offer on...Seems lately its becoming much easier.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats and good luck.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
House had 8 other bids. Appraisal is today. And ha funny, no i dnt live in a fox. Haha. Loan is good and lender said within 3 weeks ill most likely be moving in.

Thanks guys.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

ZincYellow 281
¯
Member # 9865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZincYellow 281  Ford pictures for ZincYellow 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Its not official til you get the keys. Don't run credit, don't buy anything new, don't run up you credit cards. Make sure you get house inspections done and do whatever your loan officer tells you. And stay on top of your loan officer to make sure you know when the appraisal is done and the loan is approved.

Congrats first of all! buying a home is awesome things.

Everything that 13.50 said basically hit the nail on the head.

-Make sure to get a home inspection even if you think you don't need one (believe me you do!) If you need a contact I can refer you to the top 3 inspectors that we normally use for our clients.

-Do not keep your loan officer waiting for any documents needed. It will only hurt you in the long run. So make sure you have all info.

[patriot]

[ 2015-03-23, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: ZincYellow 281 ]

--------------------
2015 focus st2
2011 Gt 5.0
04 ZY fobra sold

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be careful in the natomas area. They have laws there regarding being in a flood plain. In certain areas around there if your house is ruined by fire/flood you wont be able to rebuild your home.

This is due to FEMA laws.

Federal law won’t allow any property there to be rebuilt if the cost of repairs is more than 50 percent of the home’s value if you are in a flood plain.

[ 2015-03-23, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To add to the above, make sure you find out if the house is located in a Flood Zone A or B. Flood insurance is NOT cheap and can add quite a bit to your monthly payment. If the house is in a required flood zone and you have a mortgage you will be required to carry flood for the life of the loan.

Congrats on your purchase!

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a customer paying 1400 a year just for flood out there. She didnt care up until about two weeks ago there was a drive by shooting in front of her house and now she wants to move out to Roseville where i told her to buy in the first place, LOL. She aint bout that life tho.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the house, woohoo. Don't wory about the mustang being sold , if you play your cards rights next tax season you can buy another project to put in your new garage.
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good info on the last two posts, congrats to the original poster

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then not sure I understand comparison of a house to a foxbody lol

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I had a customer paying 1400 a year just for flood out there. She didnt care up until about two weeks ago there was a drive by shooting in front of her house and now she wants to move out to Roseville where i told her to buy in the first place, LOL. She aint bout that life tho.

My buddy lives in Natomas area. Not long ago on the news some guy stole a car and the cops shot the guy. He ended up dying a few houses from where my buddy lives. The next weekend he said people had a candle light vigil for the car jacker and had a side show.

[ 2015-03-23, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the buy, hope everything works out... Also lots of good info guys!!! I'm posting my next house before signing papers...

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Thanks everyone. Yeah i made sure i stayed away from flood zones and i am on top of paperwork. As soon as its needed by latest ill get it is next day. So far everything is going smooth so hope it stays that way.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

+1

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep I had Hella drama getting my home so pray bro it was a rough road for me lol....CONGRATS ON THE PROGRESS

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just finished purchasing my second home. This one was a short sale but the transaction went faster than my traditional sale house 5 years ago. They have certainly figured out how to go through the process.

Good luck with your purchase.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats, I too sold my first fox when I purchased my first house. I will always miss my first car, but it is worth it in the end. There will always be another car to get in the future.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats good to see people going down the right path. You'll be able to get another fox when your ready.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats but you have a lot that can still change or ultimately fall through.

You NEED a home and pest inspection. I can refer to the company I used last time. Very detailed PDF report
with photos and explanations of their findings and recommendations.

And buy a home warranty.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com