Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need advice on fire code in contra costa county or concord

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need advice on fire code in contra costa county or concord
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a water heater and a gas furnace installed in my garage. It has framing built around both units but the sheetrock that was there has been ripped out. I'd assume this was done to meet code before we bought the house.

This is what I want to hide using the existing frame to hang removable panels:

-

1. I will hang a removable panel in front of the water heater with a vent at the bottom for combustion.

2. A permanent panel on the non combustion side of the gas furnace.

3. A removable panel with vent on the combustion side of the gas furnace.

Are 1,2,and 3 legal and meet code? Or will I have to fashion panels out of gypsum?

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you going to wrap your water heater?
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, was just going to leave it as is.

Also, I want this to be safe too not just to be compliant. Don't want to start a accidental fire.

--------------------

FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

Go put your hand on your water heater and then come back and read your post.

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should call your local Fire Protection Bureau in regarding this matter, and possibly if necessary, schedule an appointment for an fire safety inspector to check it out.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

quote:
Originally posted by FSTRDNU:
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:

Go put your hand on your water heater and then come back and read your post.
They have a point. The wraps aren't terribly expensive.

quote:
Originally posted by SL0BRA650:
You should call your local Fire Protection Bureau in regarding this matter, and possibly if necessary, schedule an appointment for an fire safety inspector to check it out.

I will do this but I figured there would be a bunch of contractors on here with some familiarity about codes like this.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com