Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Stolen Trailer (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stolen Trailer
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
I'll cruise by Roseville rd to see if I see anything on the way to my shop, a lot of scrap yards on that street though.. Hopefully I get lucky and spot it.

Look for that truck
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wouldn't the scrap yard be a little suspicious of a nice looking trailer like that being brought to them to scrap? I would think they would check for serial numbers but know they can be ground off.

I hope you find this trailer....better yet, I hope you find both the trailer and the jackasses who stole it.

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
Wouldn't the scrap yard be a little suspicious of a nice looking trailer like that being brought to them to scrap? I would think they would check for serial numbers but know they can be ground off.

I hope you find this trailer....better yet, I hope you find both the trailer and the jackasses who stole it.

not if they chop that shit up. couple sawzalls and a mindset, they could get it done.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Possible... but not likely. I think scrap aluminum goes for around 50 cents per pound. That trailer weighs around 1350 pounds. If you subtract off the tires, axles, and other hardware... you might be looking at $500 something in scrap aluminum. Not worth the risk.

[ 2014-09-23, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: iceman302 ]

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tweekers will risk that an less. Im not sure of the tweeker population in that nicer area but its a possibility. super nice trailer ive never seen one like that, so if somebody was to use it , regardless of paint it would still be easy to spot, ,,,,,, in some cases ive walked down the street and looked for other peoples cameras to identity or find evidence. used somebody else cameras before to find stuff stolen before like that. might show a front plate or something, that camera shows a gd view of there lot, if they covered there rear view plate they knew u had a camera, again maybe somebody that's been there before, but most all trucks have a front plate, did they back only in? maybe a ole lady down the
street got a pic of the front plate?

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Possible... but not likely. I think scrap aluminum goes for around 50 cents per pound. That trailer weighs around 1350 pounds. If you subtract off the tires, axles, and other hardware... you might be looking at $500 something in scrap aluminum. Not worth the risk.

Clean aluminum is more the 50 cents a pound more like a dollar or so a pound.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

Clean aluminum is more the 50 cents a pound more like a dollar or so a pound.
Higher than I've seen recently. The trailer is still worth easily 4 times that amount if they can figure out a way to sell it.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when my trailer got stolen i had to find out the hard way is they don't put vin numbers on the trailer other than by one sticker. one can say oh he built the trailer and simply get a new sticker, or a custom build sticker with new or old vins from a previouse trailer they donated for the new trailer cause. ones with trailers have to weld or grind there vin number in a special place, kinda like that smart powder coater guy who had his driver licence number in his wheels, its its not engraved then simply pulling the sticker off the trailer is the only proof that trailer is anybody's.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:

90% of scrap yards business is tweaks bringing in unverifiable stolen metals...aluminum, copper, cat convertors etc.
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Possible trailer sighting this morning at 10:00 AM in North Highlands at the corner of Roseville Rd. and Diablo. If you see the suspects truck or the trailer please contact CHP immediately! Thank you to everyone for the support on this! AED is extremely grateful!

Are you the owner of the trailer?
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn rsvl rd and diablo right down the street from my house. I'll keep a eye out. Maybe I'll put the word out that I'm looking to buy a car trailer. See who bites

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TEXAS, No, The trailer belongs to Drew at AED. I'm just helping spread the word.
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any updates????

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
any updates????

Negative....
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been looking for the truck on our drive to and from the King Fire

[ 2014-09-26, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thing is probably long gone by now..

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:

I've been looking for the truck as well on my drive to and from the hospital to perform surgeries.
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Thanks to everyone for keeping your eyes open!!!
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
quote:

I've been looking for the truck as well on my drive to and from the hospital to perform surgeries.
Dr. Chicken coupe we need you in surgery room #5. [Wink]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that sucks. Trailer is probably long gone by now. I hate thieves.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any updates?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Any updates?

Nope

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com