Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Haven't seen this done often

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Haven't seen this done often
sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RX-7 with 5.0 motor looks like a fun drive ! Lol what's you guys thoughts ?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Posts: 238 | From: Bayarea, CA | Registered: Sep 2012  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been around for years, you must have been living under a rock. They 5.0 and LS swap Miata, 240SX, and RX7...

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone's butt is hurt. Every post is negative, must of been that loss to Oakland .
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:
Someone's butt is hurt. Every post is negative, must of been that loss to Oakland .

Lmao

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

You're the only one butt hurt, straight on my nuts right now. There's nothing negative about my post, until now, not may fault this guys never seen or heard of Sonoma drift, or even professional drifting.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofresh  Ford pictures for sofresh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:

You're the only one butt hurt, straight on my nuts right now. There's nothing negative about my post, until now, not may fault this guys never seen or heard of Sonoma drift, or even professional drifting.
Yea cause I could careless about that, I've seen plenty ls motors in these types of cars but never 5.0s that was the point of it

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by sofresh:
quote:
quote:

Yea cause I could careless about that, I've seen plenty ls motors in these types of cars but never 5.0s that was the point of it
You're a supposed car enthusiast but you don't care about drifting? Okay...like I said, it's not new, been happening for the last 2-3 years now. People start with 5.0 motors cause they're cheap and reliable.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...... professional drifting.

[Roll Eyes] [dance]

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
sofresh
¯
Member # 12393

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sofresh:
quote:
quote:

You're a supposed car enthusiast but you don't care about drifting? Okay...like I said, it's not new, been happening for the last 2-3 years now. People start with 5.0 motors cause they're cheap and reliable.
No I don't care about drifting, I wouldn't call myself a car enthusiast either, just grew around them and really enjoy all makes and models. But yea that makes sense, wish I had that motor in my 5.0..

--------------------
1988 Mustang LX H/C/I

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

quote:
Originally posted by FSTRDNU:
quote:
...... professional drifting.

[Roll Eyes] [dance]
Oh so I guess some average Joe, you, can just hop on your mustang and go drift with Matt Field and Justin Pawluk and Von Gotten, Yoshihara, etc.....right... The people who drift at Sonoma and other various events enter to win their pro license, which allows you into more serious competition..like any sport, you don't just walk off the street onto the field and start smacking home runs or throwing touchdowns...

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh so I guess some average Joe, you, can just hop on your mustang and go drift with Matt Field and Justin Pawluk and Von Gotten, Yoshihara, etc.....

Who?? Never heard of them.

I consider myself a car enthusiast, however I don't follow ALL aspects of it. I really don't care for the drifting stuff. If that makes me a non-enthusiast, so be it!! [Confused]

I'd like to see that Miata with the 5.0L. Sounds pretty cool. I've never seen one. Hmmmm...maybe I should rethink my "enthusiast" title.

<ducking from the burrito> [Big Grin]

[ 2014-08-29, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Marks93 ]

FSTRDNU
SVO's and XR4Ti's
Member # 12

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FSTRDNU  Ford pictures for FSTRDNU    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
tc.....right... The people who drift at Sonoma and other various events ........ which allows you into more serious competition..

Exactly. Its not a sport. Its a Mt. Dew tour.

quote:
you don't just walk off the street onto the field and start smacking home runs or throwing touchdowns...

No, you don't. Its more like harmonica playing. But you can teach a harmonica player to drift.

This guy never tried to drift. Not even once.

--------------------
Drifting is to motorsports like rap is to music. Sure, people do it. But only the stupid people.

Posts: 479 | From: Bay Area CA USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RX7s and Miatas with 5.0 Ford V8s were pretty popular I would say about 10-15 years ago. Then once people discovered the LS motor, they decided to use it instead of the 5.0s. There used to be a miata around these parts about 15 years ago nicknamed "Monster Miata". it had a cammed 5.0 and ran very well.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com