Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » LMR Stiffs me.. (Update) They gave me a 100$ gift card!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LMR Stiffs me.. (Update) They gave me a 100$ gift card!!
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep that shit. The company has no choice but to send the customer their parts they paid for. This kind of stuff happens to big companies all the time. One time summit sent me a fuel pump for a 65 skylark. It happens to everyone.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are some serious dirtbags on this site.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why is everyone assuming this was someone else package?

Was OP's name on the box?

What if the shipper who packaged it put the wrong item in the box?

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the package had someone else's name I'd understand and send it back. If it was under the OPs name, I'd keep it and tell em I didnt get my weather stripping. What goes around comes around. Like the OP said, he got "stiffed" if that's the case then fuck it! Keep that shit

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The OP didn't get stiffed, he's parts just haven't shown up yet. Has anyone here ever bought some expensive parts and had to wait? It has happened to me and on parts that are worth a lot more than some weather strip.

A couple years ago I bought my brother a Full Tilt Boogie bushing upgrade for his Terminator and I received it like a week later. Well a few months after that I get a shipping confirmation saying that my order had shipped, I'm like WTF. So I call them and they are like "yeah it should be at your door in a couple days" then I proceed to tell them I had already gotten my order and they made a mistake. That bushing upgrade is like $800, they wouldn't have known the difference but I couldn't sleep at night if I did that.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It had my name on it, but if I were to keep it i feel like the employee who packaged it would get in trouble and possibly lose his job. And I would not be able to sleep at night because I know how it feels to not have a job.

I sent it back. Yes it would be nice to have a nice new racing clutch, but I have always worked for everything in my life and I'm not about to stop!!
After getting back from dropping it off at fedex. My weather stripping was on my door step with my name on it.

[patriot]

[ 2014-07-31, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

That's awesome! Good for you for doing the right thing and not listening to some of these guys [patriot]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well KxxChuck, You did the Right thing. Be Proud, your Forum integrity just gained quite a few points.

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
It had my name on it, but if I were to keep it i feel like the employee who packaged it would get in trouble and possibly lose his job. And I would not be able to sleep at night because I know how it feels to not have a job.

I sent it back. Yes it would be nice to have a nice new racing clutch, but I have always worked for everything in my life and I'm not about to stop!!
After getting back from dropping it off at fedex. My weather stripping was on my door step with my name on it.

[patriot]

Right on man, you did the right thing and you were rewarded [patriot] Just curious, did the shipping label on the box with the clutch have the same box dimensions as the weatherstripping box? maybe the shipper made duplicate labels by accident.

[ 2014-07-31, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: 92_5.0 ]

cemelevu
¯
Member # 10601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cemelevu  Ford pictures for cemelevu    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good karma.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
The OP didn't get stiffed, he's parts just haven't shown up yet. Has anyone here ever bought some expensive parts and had to wait? It has happened to me and on parts that are worth a lot more than some weather strip.

A couple years ago I bought my brother a Full Tilt Boogie bushing upgrade for his Terminator and I received it like a week later. Well a few months after that I get a shipping confirmation saying that my order had shipped, I'm like WTF. So I call them and they are like "yeah it should be at your door in a couple days" then I proceed to tell them I had already gotten my order and they made a mistake. That bushing upgrade is like $800, they wouldn't have known the difference but I couldn't sleep at night if I did that.

Uh the op posted the title of this thread. He wouldn't have put it if he didnt feel stiffed.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chuck you're the man

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Maybe he felt stiffed but in reality that didn't happen. Sometimes it takes time to get parts

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right on man [patriot]
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
Maybe he felt stiffed but in reality that didn't happen. Sometimes it takes time to get parts

He hasn't got replacement parts and from what he says they told him too bad. Until he gets his parts id say that's pretty stiffed.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

He already stated that his weather strip showed up right after he shipped the clutch back.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bottom line, 2 wrongs dont make a right. (Corny, i know)
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good man!!

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAN WILL MAKE IT RIGHT

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know what members I won't be doing business with from here on out.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMR gave me a hundred dollar gift card for returning the clutch!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

It's going to be a great day gentlemen!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crazy how it all worked out.
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good karma [patriot]

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good .. now lrs has 300 more dollars they dont need.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SSF_5.0_WARRIOR
¯
Member # 10170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR  Ford pictures for SSF_5.0_WARRIOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol. it's not that serious.. You should of took the clutch and searched for someone that needed it and sold it for those $100 LMR gave you.. THAT would of been even better good karma. Actually helping a person out and not a company [patriot]
Posts: 952 | From: South San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com