Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » late model restoration has got to be the biggest pile of crap,

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: late model restoration has got to be the biggest pile of crap,
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it just me? 70 percent of everything has been crap. either wrong part, very poorly made, attitude, claim they never have any complaints with there parts, bullshit.

The last part I ordered.

Vert molding stuck out, scratched, sharp bottom edge and had a 1/4" gap between the rubber striping and the plastic molding.

-
 -

[ 2014-07-27, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Duncan Motors ]

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a lot of it is. I accidentally broke a friend's hood/windshield panel when we were doing his engine brace. and I bought a replacement from them. the weather stripping is separating from the plastic and the car is hardly driven and garage kept. I contacted them and asked for a replacement, they basically said there's nothing they can do.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
Roush6018
¯
Member # 12041

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush6018  Ford pictures for Roush6018    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did some body repair on my 5.0. Bought a headlight panel and radiator support from them. It was a good price, but when I got my rad support it had a huge made in Taiwan sticker on it. The headlight panel was decent quality. After that I got some motor parts like bolts and gaskets and that stuff was good quality.
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you buy their sve stuff, you get what you pay for but everything else like other brands is on the original manufacture.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:
If you buy their sve stuff, you get what you pay for but everything else like other brands is on the original manufacture.

this, i've never had problems with other brand parts
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had a buddy just buy a sve radiator & off road x pipe. The radiator was a nice piece, fit great. Only problem was, it didn't have the plugs for the auto tranny lines. But the x -pipe. wow that was a giant pos. The bents were crap, the fitment was crap. Bolts didn't even fit.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so they say its the ford ori manufacturing tools, but the materials are not, and i personaly think they feed there sales guys bullshit to repeat to us, they all say oh we sold hundreds an im the first guiy to complain, fuck no. 3 sets of wrong axles, i mean reall i have a full page list of complaints.
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:

this, i've never had problems with other brand parts
+1 sve brand stuff sucks everything else is coo

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just had an SVE radiator installed in my 94 gt...no problems...they said it fit with zero issues. [Confused]
Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Duncan, the weather stripping they sell for the door to body and for sun roofs. Is that any good?

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my headlight lense glue came apart car was never driven now one lense is cleaner then the other.
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I too recently purchased one of the aluminum 3 row SVE radiators for my daughters 95.
It can't be any worse than the Fluidyne radiator I had in there a few years back, that thing sprung leaks EVERYWHERE.
Still working on a few things on the car so it still has zero miles on it.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Frist it was summit that sold craps parts next problem was with ebay now lmr is the problem.I thinking it more user error.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 5.0:
I just had an SVE radiator installed in my 94 gt...no problems...they said it fit with zero issues. [Confused]

Only fitment issue we had were, the fox rad holders needed to be bent a little. It was in a 85, not a sn95. But I would assume they sent you the same one we got.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
Originally posted by 94 5.0:

Only fitment issue we had were, the fox rad holders needed to be bent a little. It was in a 85, not a sn95. But I would assume they sent you the same one we got.
94-95 is a unicorn? different from everything?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have had mostly positive experiences with LMR. I have bought quite a few Fox parts in the past couple of years restoring mine and my son's GT's. The one item (A Fox front bumper cover)i had problems with was returned and refunded without any hassle. Other than that, i have been quite satisfied with all other purchases from LMR.

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
been buying parts from 50resto since 2009 with no problems with the parts or shipping..so far. that includes sve brand

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com