Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Mobile smog check? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mobile smog check?
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you deny entry if an officer tells you to pull in? These damn things are now in the neighborhood (concord area)
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes. They're optional but they don't really acknowledge that.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just tell them I have to get to work.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

This guy knows everything there is to know about smogs.

--------------------

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
quote:

Lol what's up with the smog hook up neight? Still same price?

[ 2014-06-05, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: BUKSING ]

3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3cRider  Ford pictures for 3cRider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're voluntary.

Page 9, 4.3: Inspection Protocol. Give it a read.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/im/roadside.pdf

On another note, where and when have you seen them in Concord?

[ 2014-06-05, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: 3cRider ]

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:
quote:

You do realize these forums are public right?

[Confused]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are voluntary, BUT a lot of times, they have a black and white down the street, and any suspicious cars that refuse to volunteer, are flagged by radio to get pulled over by the unit waiting.
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
They are voluntary, BUT a lot of times, they have a black and white down the street, and any suspicious cars that refuse to volunteer, are flagged by radio to get pulled over by the unit waiting.

Waste of taxpayer's money in my opinion. If it ever happened to me they better have probable cause.

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
quote:
quote:

You do realize these forums are public right?

[Confused]

Omgaw!

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

3cRider
¯
Member # 10052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3cRider  Ford pictures for 3cRider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Wow, really? That's unfortunate. Have you ever seen it happen? In general, what's the probable cause?

[ 2014-06-06, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: 3cRider ]

WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Just had to SMOG my car last week, I asked the tech about these mobile stations. He told me they were to check to see how well the actual SMOG stations are doing. But all the license plates are logged in, participants and refusals. So don't be surprised if you get a notice in the mail from DMV or BAR if it fails or you refuse.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WILDMAN97:
I Just had to SMOG my car last week, I asked the tech about these mobile stations. He told me they were to check to see how well the actual SMOG stations are doing. But all the license plates are logged in, participants and refusals. So don't be surprised if you get a notice in the mail from DMV or BAR if it fails or you refuse.

Whoever wants to be next to do a mass shooting should go light up one of these mobile smog stations. Fuck California smog regulations.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Whoever wants to be next to do a mass shooting should go light up one of these mobile smog stations. Fuck California smog regulations.

Uh....NO!! WTF?? [Roll Eyes]
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Well... that escalated quickly!! lol
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well... that escalated quickly!! lol
Maybe they should stop wasting tax payers money on stupid shit and do real police work tryin to take the easy pay check. theres alot more f#$KED UP things in cali they could be fixing.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are fixing our fucked up air that our childrens childrens children will be breathing.
[Cool]

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

100% false. Law Enforcement is on scene as primary function of traffic safety. SO many rumors spread around about this. Would 10 members please post your traffic citation from a mobile smog check point??????????

These check points are data collection of SMOG emissions for the state. It doesn't flag your vehicle.

Ever see construction at night and a cop car? same thing. The cost associated with them is factored into a construction bid for safety. Some of the funding associated with them being at these site comes from DOT.

[ 2014-06-06, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: slidewayz94 ]

MADMAVERICK
¯
Member # 10959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADMAVERICK  Ford pictures for MADMAVERICK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always refuse then as im leaving i give them a big fat nitrous purge

--------------------
1971 MAVERICK grabber
1962 ranchero
2017 MUSTANG ECHOBOOST
2017 FORD ESCAPE
2005 ROADKING
2005 DODGE RAM

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
they are fixing our fucked up air that our childrens childrens children will be breathing.
[Cool]

Liberals try and use kids as a pawn to take more of our money and freedoms. 30k for a retrofit filter on 1 big rig. Only in Progressive Blue states are where this is being done.

--------------------

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just tell them if there going to pay for your gas, they'll let you on your way
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 3cRider:
They're voluntary.

Page 9, 4.3: Inspection Protocol. Give it a read.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/im/roadside.pdf

On another note, where and when have you seen them in Concord?

Good find! guys read 4.3: Inspection Protocol! The problem is the COPS!! this inspection is to be used for surveys and QC analysis for BAR and not to crack down on illegally modified vehicles. In the IP section it states that the greeter tells you that no fines/tickets will be given to the driver.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

^ it's voluntary no argument there!

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A CHP officer is there for a few reasons :

1.The smog guys don't have the authority to stop you alone.

2. To make sure that it's done safely.

3. Cash. That's an overtime gig out of the smog guys budget.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you decline they enter your lic plate into a laptop for analysis later. I'd say no thanks and skirt outta there so they can't read my plate.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com