Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Military service (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Military service
flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been thinking of joining the military service, just not sure on what branch I would like to join, it's not a for sure thing, it just comes across my mind at times, I know we have a few members here that are active or served,if you wouldn't mind posting what branch you are in and if I could PM you with some questions, thanks cafords [patriot]
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IF I ever were to join the military it would either be Marines or Air Force.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why?
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:

Neight, do they allow their soldiers to sell strawberries on the side? lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm an air force recruiter if you have any questions feel free to pm me
[patriot]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I thought you had flat foot, plus you'll have to have better than a matricula consular to get into the military. This isn't the corner of King and Story in SJ.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:

I thought you had flat foot, plus you'll have to have better than a matricula consular to get into the military. This isn't the corner of King and Story in SJ.
LMFAOOO

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do it. They don't allow wanna be "gangstas" though.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Why?

I agree with this, why?
Government/Military is the most corrupt organization in the world. They don't care about you or your well being. You won't make any type of real money for the work you will do, and a lot of people will hate you. Plus they just gonna ship you to some bullshit third world country. Good luck.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?
Government/Military is the most corrupt organization in the world. They don't care about you or your well being. You won't make any type of real money for the work you will do, and a lot of people will hate you. Plus they just gonna ship you to some bullshit third world country. Good luck.

Couldn't get in huh?
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
quote:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?

Couldn't get in huh?
Government is not the Military bud. The military stands for the people, the government stands for themselves.

--------------------

1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Nasty66  Ford pictures for 1Nasty66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?

Ive been in the Marine Corps for the last five years and yeah it has its ups and downs. at times i kinda miss it and also you cant beat the benifits free medical for you and your family. it depends on your job too where they gonna send you. the places ive been to are Japan, France, Dubai, Italy and Spain not really third world some of these counrties make us look third world just saying. and as far as the pay you can look it up depends on your rank and time in service but their is housing pay if your married and a bunch of extra pays for deployments. Also on my last year i almost made 60k and was only taxed on half [patriot]

[ 2014-04-22, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: will01bullitt ]

--------------------
2001 Bullitt DHG #2673 of 5582 built(sold)
1966 mustang 289

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by will01bullitt:
quote:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?

Ive been in the Marine Corps for the last five years and yeah it has its ups and downs. at times i kinda miss it and also you cant beat the benifits free medical for you and your family. it depends on your job too where they gonna send you. the places ive been to are Japan, France, Dubai, Italy and Spain not really third world some of these counrties make us look third world just saying. and as far as the pay you can look it up depends on your rank and time in service but their is housing pay if your married and a bunch of extra pays for deployments. Also on my last year i almost made 60k and was only taxed on half [patriot]
60k a year is not ballin out of control, only stripping on poles and stealing peoples engine money is balling bruh.

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
Originally posted by flores24v:
I've been thinking of joining the military service, just not sure on what branch I would like to join, it's not a for sure thing, it just comes across my mind at times, I know we have a few members here that are active or served,if you wouldn't mind posting what branch you are in and if I could PM you with some questions, thanks cafords [patriot]

If you're a complete badass go Marines or Navy Seals. If your not stay air force or coast guard. LOL

--------------------

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
quote:

If you're a complete badass go Marines or Navy Seals. If your not stay air force or coast guard. LOL
Go and try out for the Marines bic boi...you'll get in lmfao.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going to go to the marines when I graduated from High School but I had to take a ASVAP Pre-test and scored low, needed to get 30 or 33 (not sure) and it was timed. If I would of past it I need to take the real test which took 2 hours. Different Variety of test like English, Math, Science etc.
If I was you buy a ASVAB book from Barns and Noble
so you could score high on your test so you could get offered higher jobs in the military. I'm at school (degree) right now trying to figure out what I want to do in my life and the marines is a always an option. If you want be a badass motherfucker join the marines, Army or navy seals if you want to live navy or air force or coast guard

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Nasty66  Ford pictures for 1Nasty66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i:
I was going to go to the marines when I graduated from High School but I had to take a ASVAP Pre-test and scored low, needed to get 30 or 33 (not sure) and it was timed. If I would of past it I need to take the real test which took 2 hours. Different Variety of test like English, Math, Science etc.
If I was you buy a ASVAB book from Barns and Noble
so you could score high on your test so you could get offered higher jobs in the military. I'm at school (degree) right now trying to figure out what I want to do in my life and the marines is a always an option. If you want be a badass motherfucker join the marines, Army or navy seals if you want to live navy or air force or coast guard

your asvab score will play a roll in what job you can have in the military. the higher the score the more job openings. different branch have different scores but they all have the same test. Since everyone seems to telling you to go to the Marines I will let you know it wont be easy if your not in shape or fat! you also must be mentally strong. if you cant take people yelling at you this is not the way to go. the way you move forward is by being good at your job and whats known as green side training( physical fitness tests, rifle range shooting and other things you do on top of your daily job) be prepared to be treated like shit for first year! After you pick up some rank your job gets a bit easier but your give more responsibilities and will be in charge of others. The biggest thing is that you must be self motivated because you wont get much help while your in because most people tend to look out for themselves. at least that's how my experience was and you will see the people that give up through out your years in.
My reason for getting out was due to me having a bigger family and not wanting to leave them during deployments and having them growing up without me there. I got out as a Sgt. E-5

--------------------
2001 Bullitt DHG #2673 of 5582 built(sold)
1966 mustang 289

510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Why?

I agree with this, why?

And you know all this from your vast military background.....man, keep that conspiracy, political bullshit for another topic.

Advice for the OP - Marines or Army if your all about that combat. Airforce or NAVY if you want a more technical "job" then remember the firing operations of an M16......Coast Guard if you want to just say your in the "military" (under the department of homeland security)

for whatever branch of the military you decide on, remember that whatever the recruiters promise you for joining, make sure its in your contract. (yes, an actual contract you sign prior to being sworn in)

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks too the guys who actually replied with some good feedback I'll have to look into it a bit more [patriot]
flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:

Yea because I'm a wanna be "gangsta" homie [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 66_5.0:

Yea because I'm a wanna be "gangsta" homie [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Lol wasn't a direct hit at you man. Sometimes you see that I'm just saying. [patriot]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

ls1 miguel
¯
Member # 10053

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ls1 miguel  Ford pictures for ls1 miguel    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a Marine, I've been in since sept 2011 and I have nothing but good things to say about the Marine Corps.
My Job is crash fire rescue
If you have any questions you can pm

WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As a Prior Marine Corps Recruiter I would recommend you take the ASVAB as your first step. That will let you know if you are even qualified for the Military. With the drawdown going on right now it is getting harder to enlist. Tattoos, medical, ASVAB, diploma, criminal background, dependents will all play a role in your enlistment. The armed forces are looking to fill their limited spots with the highly qualified. I am still active duty and will retire this September, I am a little biased on what branch is better.. however, talk to all of them and make the RIGHT decision for YOU! To each their own, they all will have great benefits. Good luck.
sleeping stallion
¯
Member # 8162

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleeping stallion  Ford pictures for sleeping stallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WILDMAN97:
As a Prior Marine Corps Recruiter I would recommend you take the ASVAB as your first step. That will let you know if you are even qualified for the Military. With the drawdown going on right now it is getting harder to enlist. Tattoos, medical, ASVAB, diploma, criminal background, dependents will all play a role in your enlistment. The armed forces are looking to fill their limited spots with the highly qualified. I am still active duty and will retire this September, I am a little biased on what branch is better.. however, talk to all of them and make the RIGHT decision for YOU! To each their own, they all will have great benefits. Good luck.

ORAAH MOTIVATE DEDICATE KILL

--------------------
1990 coupe HCI Boost
SEMPER FIDELIS

Posts: 1650 | From: Modesto ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ Semper Fi brotha ^^^

now go work on the LX..

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com