Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » home owners: anyone have paver stones? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: home owners: anyone have paver stones?
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking for some ideas for a driveway paver project to spruce up the facade.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally like stamped concrete. But I've seen some really nice stone work while delivering in nicer neighborhoods. Do you have pretty big area you're thinking of doing?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I personally like stamped concrete. But I've seen some really nice stone work while delivering in nicer neighborhoods. Do you have pretty big area you're thinking of doing?

stamped concrete is nice but will still have the issues w/ cracking if land shifts. its actually cheaper vs pavers.
im only considering a 2 car driveway which isnt overly huge and the walkway to the stairs.
neighbor up the street just did theirs and that got me more interested on doing it lookd pretty bad ass.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:

stamped concrete is nice but will still have the issues w/ cracking if land shifts. its actually cheaper vs pavers.
im only considering a 2 car driveway which isnt overly huge and the walkway to the stairs.
neighbor up the street just did theirs and that got me more interested on doing it lookd pretty bad ass.

Picture?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to do this as well sometime in the next couple years. I'd like a nicely designed driveway with a barn door style garage door. I think these two things really give a home character and set it apart from the rest.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
quote:
[qb] I personally like stamped concrete. But I've seen some really nice stone work while delivering in nicer neighborhoods. Do you have pretty big area you're thinking of doing?

neighbor up the street just did theirs and that got me more interested on doing it lookd pretty bad ass. [/q

Picture?
Here is one
 -

[ 2014-04-11, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I'm looking to do this as well sometime in the next couple years. I'd like a nicely designed driveway with a barn door style garage door. I think these two things really give a home character and set it apart from the rest.

I like then doors too but they wouldn't fit the style of my house so i went with long panel doors with windows at the top.

I have a paver guy coming tue to quote me. Hopefully damage ain't gonna be too bad

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Picture?
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:

Picture?
I posted a link above
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I like then doors too but they wouldn't fit the style of my house so i went with long panel doors with windows at the top.

I have a paver guy coming tue to quote me. Hopefully damage ain't gonna be too bad

You might want to sit down when he gives you the quote.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

REDLIGHTING
¯
Member # 11296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for REDLIGHTING  Ford pictures for REDLIGHTING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My drive way and walk ways are stamped. Looks good

--------------------
1992 coupe YSI, DART,
225 TFS HIGH PORTS
04 mystichrome convertible

2006 GMC sierra slt crew

eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much sq ft do you have? I agree with adower.you might want to sit down.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by adower:
quote:
quote:

You might want to sit down when he gives you the quote.
Hmmm ya I plan on sitting down and cracking a beer lol. Jp. I have an idea what it'll cost since I know some that have had it done. Neighbor did theirs recently.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by eldog68:
How much sq ft do you have? I agree with adower.you might want to sit down.

It's a side by side garage and walkway. Not sure of the sqft.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Picture?
I posted a link above
My bad. My junk ass S3 needs to be upgraded and double posts at times. Lol. Pavers look clean. Do you think they will be better than stamped concrete?
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have stamped concrete and over time its starting to crack in places.. it looks great still, but the cracks kill it up close.. it was pretty easy to do.. my dad & I did it ourselves..

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All concrete is going to crack eventually. If you go with a legit contractor they will come out and fix any major cracks free usually. At least mine did.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit up turbo50, he has pavers
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
Hit up turbo50, he has pavers

Keep trying but rumor is he has shifted his biz model to scamming car parts and bamboozling mustang owners
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
I have stamped concrete and over time its starting to crack in places.. it looks great still, but the cracks kill it up close.. it was pretty easy to do.. my dad & I did it ourselves..

That's the inherent issue with any cement slab... Eventually it'll crack and not look as nice as before.filling and repairing cracks is tricky as u won't get 100% perfect results and ull always notice the repair. Beauty of a paver system is ull never have to deal with cracks but of course cost is signicantly higher.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my wife had a paver company come out for a estimate. cheapest option was over 20k... 4 car driveway with small boat parking
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
my wife had a paver company come out for a estimate. cheapest option was over 20k... 4 car driveway with small boat parking

Wow.... In contrast a buddy had his done in Oakland for 11k which covered a 2car driveway, walkway on side yard, sod and pavers on the backyard also. My neighbor which has an identical driveway to mine up the street had his done for 6k...your quote must be covering an enormous area

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I watched a couple youtube videos on how to install paver stones. Doesn't seem to be very had to install yourself..... But without a few helping hands it would be very time consuming doing it alone. Unless it was only a couple hundred Sq feet.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:

Wow.... In contrast a buddy had his done in Oakland for 11k which covered a 2car driveway, walkway on side yard, sod and pavers on the backyard also. My neighbor which has an identical driveway to mine up the street had his done for 6k...your quote must be covering an enormous area
Depends on what type of pavers they got. Concrete pavers vs cobble stone pavers.

When I was looking at getting a driveway of cobblestone pavers I was quoted like 30$ sq ft just for installation. However, they were going to lay them down in mortar.

[ 2014-04-12, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I can see it now, buy the pavers/door, post pics..."clean them up" and the darn pavers are for sale on craigslist in a month for double! lol just kidding. [Big Grin]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com