Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » thinking about selling my car need opinions (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: thinking about selling my car need opinions
Antp
¯
Member # 12518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antp  Ford pictures for Antp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm thinking about selling my 1993 GT it has leather interior typhoon upper and lower intake, throttle body, roller rockers, pulleys, headers, e303 cam, cold air intake, its lowered, 18" cobras, 355 gears, it needs to be smogged and a few other things. wanted your guys opinion on a rough estimate on how much i could get for it. heres a pic
 -

[ 2014-01-03, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Antp ]

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ant this is Justin. Don't do it homie. You are the only one of us that held on to car this look. You gonna regret it bro. I mean you gotta do what you gotta do but nobody is gonna take care of here the way you do.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Antp
¯
Member # 12518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Antp  Ford pictures for Antp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't want to bro i really don't but I'm going thru hard times and I'm not able to take care of it like i used to i know ill regret it but I'm not working and its just not something i can afford anymore sucks i know
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a pinkslip loan

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks good! As high as the prices are on some of the Craig's buckets you should be able to pull some coin in for your ride! I would say wait a little till everyone's on that tax balling money!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
Looks good! As high as the prices are on some of the Craig's buckets you should be able to pull some coin in for your ride! I would say wait a little till everyone's on that tax balling money!

+1 wait til tax season because most people are broke right now due to the holiday shopping haha plus the closer to summer = the more demand for these carz

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just keep it, for what you sell it you won't be able to find another one in the same condition. Get a loan if you need to pay some bills off.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Antp
¯
Member # 12518

thanks guys I'm just not working right now, lost my house, lost everything and being broke and that car just doesn't go together i need something more gas efficient. Can anyone throw a dollar amount out there of what i could possibly get for it?

thanks

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingdavid  Ford pictures for kingdavid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many miles does it have? Auto or stick? Does the AC work?

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

Posts: 305 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Antp
¯
Member # 12518

165000 miles manual ac delete
89LXNotch
¯
Member # 4879

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89LXNotch  Ford pictures for 89LXNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your car is hella clean and will be near impossible to find a replacement for it for less or the same that you would end up getting for it. As far as pricing goes and I am not the best at appraising foxbody stangs I would say $7,500 but in the world of foxbody stangs it would be closer to $6,000 to $6,500 which sounds low but we are not at the point to where these cars are rare. Harder to find clean models, yes, but rare no.

A pretty much stock GT with Auto could of sold for $6,000 with low mileage with 17" ponies and beat, but it did not sell and the owner is still second guessing whether or not he should keep it or sell it.

I say keep it and use a Credit Card with low interest or borrow from a Friend or Family Member. Those Pink Slip Loans charge you like 20% interest or more for using their money, not worth it. Most CC's charge 9% to 24% depending on your credit. Citibank is having good deals with their card for transferring balances with a 2% or 3% transfer fee and 0% interest for close to 18 months which can be helpful if you can pay it off in the next 18 months.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
87 GT Vert (First Car) Sold
89 LX Coupe(4 Banger - 5.0) Sold

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wtf? People are telling him to get a loan? He isn't even working. As much as you like the car I would sell it. Just don't get super low balled.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Priorities, priorities, priorities! Some people think this car is more important than the OP getting back on his feet? WOW! Sell the damn thing and do whats important in life. Its a freakin car...they aren't worth keeping if your living a life of struggle.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it for 2k and if it swangs 2500

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post it up on craigslist for 7500 and go from there. If its really that nice someone will cash you out. Its true even though youll regret it, its more important to handle your business. Shoot maybe you sell it and later when youre back up and going you can track it down. The car really isnt that important in your situation at this point.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Live in the car, fuck everybody else. Nobody helped you before you lost your house. They might take your dignity but never your 5.0. Ride or DIE

--------------------

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

If you do plan on selling, i got 2600 since you need to sell it bad. Feel sorry but your pain is gonna be someone else's gain.

--------------------

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol thats fucked up 135.0. OP DONT GO OUT ON WHAT YOU HAVE THE CAR UP FOR!!! Someone will for sure pay that. You know why? Because i saw a guy buy my cousins 89 faleen vert for 10000 with your same exact mods.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ant how many miles since the rebuild? I wouldn't take any less than $6300-$6500. Post it at $6700 obo. I understand the need for you to sell it. Breaks my heart homie you stuck it thru with that car for years. Do what's right. Be patient and tax season is around the corner. Somebody will pay the asking price. Hit me some time bro
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Priorities, priorities, priorities! Some people think this car is more important than the OP getting back on his feet? WOW! Sell the damn thing and do whats important in life. Its a freakin car...they aren't worth keeping if your living a life of struggle.

[patriot] Thank you Sir Do what you got to do

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I offer 3k
87MclarenMustang
¯
Member # 10695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87MclarenMustang  Ford pictures for 87MclarenMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will it pass smog or does it need to be fixed before hand?

--------------------
Formerly 07SilverS197

Posts: 1282 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Feb 2011  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm lol'ing right now reading this thread. No wonder some of you live in the dump with the way your priorities are. The guy said he lost his house and his job. A 20+ year old Ford Mustang is not worth being homeless over.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im gonna say this time of year the car is worth $3000-$5000. with out seeing the car and the shape its in. this also is the slow time of the year to sell cars which in turns makes it a buyers market. good luck on whatever you end up doing

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do u live in the 209 tough I seen it couple times In Manteca area couple times

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com