Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Top End Kit

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Top End Kit
Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madstyle1  Ford pictures for Madstyle1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone running this top end kit in their cars? I know you pay for what you get compared to the trick flow but if it will give me the amount of power why not...

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-6049C-K/1987-93-Mustang-50L-Top-End-Engine-Kit

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this one is under 1500$ with coupon code cccorralnetjun08
http://www.americanmuscle.com/topend-engine-kit-8793.html

looks like its just missing the timing chain and rocker arms.(compared to the other kit)

but i think the trickflow will be alot better ,u could get trickflow heads new and find the intake used,cam used,dont really need valve covers,get push rods new ,timimg chain new,gasket kit and fluids for a little cheaper than the 2600 doller kit

[ 2013-08-07, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: dean-93 ]

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GO WITH trick flow or ford racing that typoon crap is garbage [Embarrassed]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-k514-350370b?seid=srese1&gclid=CM-h0biT7LgCFbCDQgodKWwA4Q

$2699 minus 10% if you go up to Reno, order it and have shipped for free.

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-k514-350370b?seid=srese1&gclid=CM-h0biT7LgCFbCDQgodKWwA4Q

But they charge you 7% tax

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madstyle1  Ford pictures for Madstyle1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah ill probably just do trick flow... Dont wanna regret anything
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do it right the first time. It will save you time and money in the long run [patriot]

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 fobra:
quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:

But they charge you 7% tax
That's why you have them ship it.

Looks like that item has $150 summit bucks too. Win win!! [burnout]

[ 2013-08-07, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dean-93:
this one is under 1500$ with coupon code cccorralnetjun08
http://www.americanmuscle.com/topend-engine-kit-8793.html

looks like its just missing the timing chain and rocker arms.(compared to the other kit)

but i think the trickflow will be alot better ,u could get trickflow heads new and find the intake used,cam used,dont really need valve covers,get push rods new ,timimg chain new,gasket kit and fluids for a little cheaper than the 2600 doller kit

That kit does include rocker arms and they are comp which is way better than the pro form crap the lms kit has. I'd go with it and have tmoss port and clean up the typhoon casting and it'll make great power. I love that little comp cam too.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Madstyle1
¯
Member # 4717

So I got majority of the top end kit by trick flow. I decided to hold off on the intake manifold because I've heard the Holley Systemax or the gt40 tubular intake gave better results in hp. Was wondering if either of these will work well with trickflow heads.
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the systemax will give more power up top. but its a better intake than the gt40 and more room to grow.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com