Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread (Page 24)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Coyote Thread
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did any of you guys do an aluminum driveshaft by itself? Meaning did you buy one and out it on as the only mod at the time?

If so, how do you like it, think it's worth it? I never noticed a difference in any of the fox's I out them on, and these are a lot more expensive. The coyote driveshaft is crazy heavy though, I was blown away with the weight of it.

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FivePTSlow:
Did any of you guys do an aluminum driveshaft by itself? Meaning did you buy one and out it on as the only mod at the time?

If so, how do you like it, think it's worth it? I never noticed a difference in any of the fox's I out them on, and these are a lot more expensive. The coyote driveshaft is crazy heavy though, I was blown away with the weight of it.

I have the Shaftmasters unit with no other drivetrain mods. Its awesome. I got it to rid myself of vibration issues with the stock shaft. Got it, set pinion angle and away I went. Also wont have to worry about it grenading when I get the twins on.

[ 2016-04-03, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shaft asters claims no pinion angle set

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Shaft asters claims no pinion angle set

Correct, but I set to -2 degrees anyways.

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Car is almost back together! Exert says 750 mile break in period. Guess I'll have my clutch broke in by next year lol.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many of you guys going to make it to fast fords in May?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
How many of you guys going to make it to fast fords in May?

Ill be out as long as I finish the twins install

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

My car isnt fast, so I wont be going [Frown]

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there just no coyote motor..

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Of course I got my car all back together, and it rains all weekend! [Mad]

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I broke something the other day under boost... I heard what sounded like a metal on metal bang type sound. It wasn't too loud and the car jerked go the right. I was close to home and it seemed to drive ok back home, I was only about a mile away. No check engine light, no smoke, no fluids leaking, starts and idles normal, and nothing unusual visually as of now in the engine compartment. I'm hoping it was a suspension part but I haven't looked yet;(

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
I think I broke something the other day under boost... I heard what sounded like a metal on metal bang type sound. It wasn't too loud and the car jerked go the right. I was close to home and it seemed to drive ok back home, I was only about a mile away. No check engine light, no smoke, no fluids leaking, starts and idles normal, and nothing unusual visually as of now in the engine compartment. I'm hoping it was a suspension part but I haven't looked yet;(

You are pushing past the breaking point I'd be carefull..

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:

Find out anything else?

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Find out anything else?
I think it's a motor mount. It doesn't look like its the motor itself. Took it for a quick drive and it still runs fine. When coasting, it doesn't pull or sway to either side. Once you accelerate, it pulls to the right. I have to jack it up and look but can't get to it for a week or so.

[ 2016-04-12, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Find out anything else?
I think it's a motor mount. It doesn't look like its the motor itself. Took it for a quick drive and it still runs fine. When coasting, it doesn't pull or sway to either side. Once you accelerate, it pulls to the right. I have to jack it up and look but can't get to it for a week or so.
If you have poly bushings in your lower control arms check them out.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Just ordered up some drag radials, & 2 wheels extra so I can have around town rear wheels/tires(DR's), & long trip wheels/tires.

This will be my first time running DR's, can't wait to not have to pedal all the time!

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

quote:
Just ordered up some drag radials, & 2 wheels extra so I can have around town rear wheels/tires(DR's), & long trip wheels/tires.

This will be my first time running DR's, can't wait to not have to pedal all the time!

How you liking the new clutch?

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

quote:
Originally posted by 97cobra209:
quote:

How you liking the new clutch?
So far I have about 250 miles on it. I also went with the braided steel clutch line. It grabs up off the floor a little further, definitely a lot more "grabby" than the stock clutch, I guess you would just call that quicker engagement, & definitely a lot more clamping force. The pedal feel is more firm, but not insane.

Hopefully I can leave the helper spring on my pedal assembly and not have the high rpm pedal sticking to the floor problem.

Exedy recommends 750 easy stop & go miles for break in. I'm going to try to follow that as best I can.

My initial impressions are good, but I haven't leaned on it yet, so we'll see.

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Was never able to find any issues with my car...sooo I put A Corsa Extreme Axle Back on... Kooks Super Street Headers should be here in a few weeks: Lethal Off Road H Pipe Corsa Extreme Axle Back

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Got my 305 35 19 MT ET Street Radial II's today with TSW Nurburgring's to match my current wheels, great for sleeper looks!

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
Got my 305 35 19 MT ET Street Radial II's today with TSW Nurburgring's to match my current wheels, great for sleeper looks!

Nice... Tires are pretty sticky huh??

--------------------

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

They're definitely very sticky, haven't tried launching, but from a roll they didn't spin at all, just a small chirp and nothin but traction

-

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Double post

[ 2016-05-10, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: FivePTSlow ]

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

-

Hella Flush done right!

[ 2016-05-10, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: FivePTSlow ]

--------------------
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Nice I got the 555r in a 275/60/15 and will still spin a little if I floor it in first or second!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

Page: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com