Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hawthorne Police Shooting Dog (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hawthorne Police Shooting Dog
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why would you go up to the dog if you could tell its angry and ready to bite. the cop new what he was doing...pretty trigger happy there.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God help us all from all the retarded ass comments.

The shoot itself is justified. The officer placed himself in harms way to protect his partners who were handling taking a subject into custody.

He wasnt previewed to what had transpired prior nor the legality of the stop. He eliminated the threat that was presented to him pure and simple.

As far as why they placed him in handcuffs etc well thats a different argument. The mere fact of going into handcuffs does not constitute an arrest. I cant hear what is being said when the officers walked up but it appears that if the guy really wanted to avoid contact he could have simply gotten into his car and left. I mean he had enough time to put his dog away. He chose to come back to the "problem".

Again my only issue with this is the question why he was contacted in the first place.

Pick up a legal resource book before you make idiotic comments.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:

You're giving CA Fords too much credit with that request. People become experts on EVERY subject and situation they comment on around here.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm surprised no one has pulled the race card yet white cop black dog.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Makes you wonder what his intentions were. Everyone and their phones just want to be the next world star hip hop sensation! Sucks for the dog that his owner did not properly lock him up in the car especially if the dog wasn't trained to stay. Btw I am a dog lover.I recently picked up a black gsd from a cafords member and can tell you I wouldn't put my dog in that situation. Then again she is one of them  -

[ 2013-07-02, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: SantaClara_Cobra ]

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't blame the cop on this one at all. All on the dog owner. If anything the cops waited longer to shoot than I thought it deserved.
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Arch:
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
Sure dog's worry about their owner. but to be honest? The owner needs to be smarter than the dog. Why the fuck would you hang out, play your music, video tape the scene, and look like a total dumbass? They didn't detain him over some "power trip" they detained him because he refused to leave a scene that he has no business being there after being asked multiple times. Had he listened, he wouldn't have been handcuffed and the dog wouldn't have been shot. ( not sure if it was technically killed because the video cuts off, but more than likely, It was )

This is a good example of cause and effect

He had EVERY right to be there. He didn't cross any kind of sustained perimeter. There was no yellow tape. There were no officers at the side he began at. He was behind all the cars. Not in the way. POWER TRIP PIG!
How about the music ?
What the fuck about it? Exceeding a decibal limit does NOT warrant detaining an individual. It's NOT reason to handcuff somebody. How would you feel if you were at you're local car meet with your system bumping and some cop handcuffed you for it? That would be an absolute outrage. A ticket, MAYBE. Depending on that city's laws the music may also have not been a violation. In my town I can be as loud as I want until 10 PM. What a sorry reason. Music. Haha joke.
Exceding the decibal limit while a raid was going on was the problem. The officers asked the idiot to turn the music down as they were having trouble hearing the comms from the raid over his car. As they walked up they asked the guy to put his dog in the car prior to cuffing him. Maybe dude shoulda actually locked his dog in the car. Officers were pretty patient with this guy. And according to a google search, he has been arrested and convicted several times already by the same PD that was involved in the incident. I love how all you asshats jump on the cop hating band wagon without knowing the whole damned story. The only victim here was the poor rot that got killed because of his lousy dipshit owners actions...

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ECOboostin:
quote:
quote:
Sure dog's worry about their owner. but to be honest? The owner needs to be smarter than the dog. Why the fuck would you hang out, play your music, video tape the scene, and look like a total dumbass? They didn't detain him over some "power trip" they detained him because he refused to leave a scene that he has no business being there after being asked multiple times. Had he listened, he wouldn't have been handcuffed and the dog wouldn't have been shot. ( not sure if it was technically killed because the video cuts off, but more than likely, It was )

This is a good example of cause and effect

He had EVERY right to be there. He didn't cross any kind of sustained perimeter. There was no yellow tape. There were no officers at the side he began at. He was behind all the cars. Not in the way. POWER TRIP PIG!
How about the music ?
What the fuck about it? Exceeding a decibal limit does NOT warrant detaining an individual. It's NOT reason to handcuff somebody. How would you feel if you were at you're local car meet with your system bumping and some cop handcuffed you for it? That would be an absolute outrage. A ticket, MAYBE. Depending on that city's laws the music may also have not been a violation. In my town I can be as loud as I want until 10 PM. What a sorry reason. Music. Haha joke.
Exceding the decibal limit while a raid was going on was the problem. The officers asked the idiot to turn the music down as they were having trouble hearing the comms from the raid over his car. As they walked up they asked the guy to put his dog in the car prior to cuffing him. Maybe dude shoulda actually locked his dog in the car. Officers were pretty patient with this guy. And according to a google search, he has been arrested and convicted several times already by the same PD that was involved in the incident. I love how all you asshats jump on the cop hating band wagon without knowing the whole damned story. The only victim here was the poor rot that got killed because of his lousy dipshit owners actions... And Arch. I hate to break your balls here but it says youre from the 916\707 Well both Sac, vacaville, and fairfield all have similar noise ordinances. Here is a link to the sac one. http://www.qcode.us/codes/sacramento/view.php?topic=8-8_68-ii-8_68_060
You couldnt be more wrong about the laws of noise..

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

93 hatch
¯
Member # 8100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 hatch  Ford pictures for 93 hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
By reading the post on here u can tell who the cops are.LOL The dog had a dumb shit for an owner. As for the cops They do whatever they want whenever they want. The biggest Legal gang in the US

--------------------
Dart shp 364 AFR 195.off the shelf cam TKO 600 twin disc RST 11.36 @ 120 N/A

Posts: 502 | From: sants rosa | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wel obviously you can be detained from being an asshat at a crime scene. Lack of judgment on his part. No power trip seen here. Pretty sure you knock the shit out of someone blasting music outside your house and recording you as well lol

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Owner had an agenda with the cops, the cops made his point for him and due to being a bad dog owner and not securing your animal the female cop decides to justifiably shoot the animal. Point made for owner and also thank gender equality cause the cunt of a cop shouldn't be that afraid of a dog to shoot it. Blame is on dog owner, cops being cops end of story.
cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
Owner had an agenda with the cops, the cops made his point for him and due to being a bad dog owner and not securing your animal the female cop decides to justifiably shoot the animal. Point made for owner and also thank gender equality cause the cunt of a cop shouldn't be that afraid of a dog to shoot it. Blame is on dog owner, cops being cops end of story.

that dog was large enough to be considered deadly.it want about being scared, outs about taking the correct course of action. Which they did. Were they supposed to wait until it was on top of an officer ripping his arm off before doing anything??

And a trazer would be a horrible choice on this one. Cops carry tazers the shoot two pronged hooks. Both hooks have to attach in order for it to work. The dog was moving to unpredictably to be considered viable.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
 -

They didn't shoot the dog cause he was filming them, they shot him cause the owner failed to restrain the animal correctly and it attacked them.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
God help us all from all the retarded ass comments.

The shoot itself is justified. The officer placed himself in harms way to protect his partners who were handling taking a subject into custody.

He wasnt previewed to what had transpired prior nor the legality of the stop. He eliminated the threat that was presented to him pure and simple.

As far as why they placed him in handcuffs etc well thats a different argument. The mere fact of going into handcuffs does not constitute an arrest. I cant hear what is being said when the officers walked up but it appears that if the guy really wanted to avoid contact he could have simply gotten into his car and left. I mean he had enough time to put his dog away. He chose to come back to the "problem".

Again my only issue with this is the question why he was contacted in the first place.

Detaining him was wrong. It caused the situation. The guy was clearly a moron, wasting his time to take some half ass footage from half a block away. But he broke no laws. And the piggys wanted to come start shit anyways! I hope some day somebody uses inappropriate force with those pigs. Handcuff them and kill something they love!

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
 -

They didn't shoot the dog cause he was filming them, they shot him cause the owner failed to restrain the animal correctly and it attacked them.
It's hard to properly restrain a dog when being handcuffed for...................... Who knows what. For being annoying I guess? That's ok now? Then there are plenty of cops who can be arrested and pets shot down! They are annoying pricks who got canned one too many times in the hallway.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

It's hard to properly restrain a dog when being handcuffed for...................... Who knows what. For being annoying I guess? That's ok now? Then there are plenty of cops who can be arrested and pets shot down! They are annoying pricks who got canned one too many times in the hallway.
He knew he was going to be detained, why did he put the dog in the car in the first place? He wasnt in handcuffs until after the dog was put in the car, thats when he should have put the windows up or strap him in. Bad owner.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
 -

The cops are not listening in on your phone calls
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
 -

He knew he was going to be detained, why did he put the dog in the car in the first place? He wasnt in handcuffs until after the dog was put in the car, thats when he should have put the windows up or strap him in. Bad owner.
He didn't know he was being detained at that time. He just knew police were coming to talk. I guess your right, he should have known the pigs wouldn't work within the laws.
Dog was fine till they put cuffs on him for no reason. Bad cops.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

If you defend that group of cops, your a fucking moron.

It's not the judgment on taking the shot that's the worse part. It's the fact that this happened because they wanted to flex nuts on somebody that was annoying them. The guy was a d-bag for standing there with his phone. But I know I'm mature/man enough to let something like that go. Wait till he crosses your perimeter then go put cuffs on him.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now that ive watched it with sound lol now i know why he was contacted and detained. If that was his stereo blasting usher right gawd damn next to a whole sleuth of marked police cars at a raid, warrant service, fleeing felon, etc...then he was lawfully detained no doubt. The instigating camera phone was just an annoying tick gnawing at you, but the stereo was a free for all detain the shit outta him..again, terrible situation for the dog but that was some dumbass civil rights exercising there...i can only see the amount of shots fired as an issue in court, maybe.

[ 2013-07-03, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: fredfifty ]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

It's not the judgment on taking the shot that's the worse part. It's the fact that this happened because they wanted to flex nuts on somebody that was annoying them. The guy was a d-bag for standing there with his phone. But I know I'm mature/man enough to let something like that go. Wait till he crosses your perimeter then go put cuffs on him.

Did you have a rough life growing up? Problems with authority? So, when you're asked to leave and mind your own business you sit there with your thumb up your ass and kick it because you think its Ok? Cool. you sir, are the Moron.

Have some god damn common courtesy. I don't care if they're cops, civilians or whatever. You post up on someone's Business with a phone set on record, blasting music, ( shit song at that ) and refuse to leave after being asked multiple times to, with an excuse as "civil rights allow me to be here" you're acting like a total ass hat. The dude is 52 years old and is still a moron.

There's no power trip here. No ball busting. Just a total moron with a dog and didn't follow simple instruction. end of story.

[ 2013-07-03, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: MaK_1967v8 ]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Did you have a rough life growing up? Problems with authority? So, when you're asked to leave and mind your own business you sit there with your thumb up your ass and kick it because you think its Ok? Cool. you sir, are the Moron.

Have some god damn common courtesy. I don't care if they're cops, civilians or whatever. You post up on someone's Business with a phone set on record, blasting music, ( shit song at that ) and refuse to leave after being asked multiple times to, with an excuse as "civil rights allow me to be here" you're acting like a total ass hat. The dude is 52 years old and is still a moron.

There's no power trip here. No ball busting. Just a total moron with a dog and didn't follow simple instruction. end of story.

Well said Mak [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

quote:
quote:

He didn't do anything illegal. Problem with authority? No, problem with abuse of authority. He is allowed by law to do what he did. Why use your discression as an officer to detain somebody within the confines of the law? If he wasn't supposed to be here, then they should of had a larger perimeter blocked off. He was 50 yards from those officers when they decided to make contact.

To top if off, he was too much of a coward to finish what he started. "No no, let's let the owner and everybody else watch the dog die slowly, my testees won't allow me to fire another shot."

--------------------
86' LX Vert

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

And like I said, the d-bag was a wasting his time recording there. I agree the guy is stupid. You wouldn't catch me recording a raid from a distance for no reason.

However, if I was trusted to uphold the law I would not let some jackass irritate me to the point of poor judgment. He didn't need to be cuffed. Simple.

--------------------
86' LX Vert

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com