Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Something extremely helpful for those of you who work your own cars.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Something extremely helpful for those of you who work your own cars.
JasonCal
¯
Member # 12886

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasonCal  Ford pictures for JasonCal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I highly recommended this place to everyone who works on his own cars.
It s a do it yourself garage in baldwin park called your dream garage.
They got lifts and complete tool list you can use. It is super clean too.
www.urdreamgarage.com
13409 Garvey Ave., Suite 4 Baldwin Park, CA 91706

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Booo socal boo

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So cal FTW

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
JasonCal
¯
Member # 12886

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JasonCal  Ford pictures for JasonCal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah the best as always!
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have these on a lot military bases. Always wondered why one was never opened outside of base until now.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i don't work on my cars quick enough to make those worth it.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:

+1 I take a lot of breaks especially when I'm frustrated.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
BLoWN FR500
¯
Member # 8766

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLoWN FR500  Ford pictures for BLoWN FR500    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

Changing your oil can get you pretty frustrated bro lmao

[ 2013-07-29, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: BLoWN FR500 ]

--------------------
92 Fobra Supercharged - Stolen
89 Turbod Fobra - Sold
90 Lx - Sold
86 Lx - Sold
96 Cobra

I Stay Charged Like The Energizer Bunny

Posts: 1226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLoWN FR500:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

Changing your oil can get you pretty frustrated bro lmao
Only when the oil filter gets stuck because you had the speedy lube or w.e do your oil change

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

JasonCal
¯
Member # 12886

quote:

With proper tools, equipments, as well as assistance you should be able to speed up tremendously.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
80% of the members here are Norcal. But I do like the idea of these shops. One opened here awhile ago but I don't think it made it long, unfortunately.
JasonCal
¯
Member # 12886

Yeah I like the idea too. I mean everyone would need it at some point in their life. Wish that it will be around for a while
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont like the idea of renting a garage spot by the hour at all. I like to take my time when I wrench on my car and if I was crazy enough to go one of those rent a garage places, a fun job would turn into a stress fest, because my mind would be on the hourly clock ticking away. Stupid idea.
Fuck that shit.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JasonCal:
quote:

With proper tools, equipments, as well as assistance you should be able to speed up tremendously.
I say why do you need to haul ass when working on your own car? part of the fun of being a hobby technician is the luxury of taking your time if you want to. I spent many years in a dealer shop and the thing I hated the most about it was having to work as fast as possible. The time just added to the stress.

This rent a shop concept is just stupid.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lmao what a fucking troll^^^

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
Originally posted by JasonCal:
quote:

I say why do you need to haul ass when working on your own car? part of the fun of being a hobby technician is the luxury of taking your time if you want to. I spent many years in a dealer shop and the thing I hated the most about it was having to work as fast as possible. The time just added to the stress.

This rent a shop concept is just stupid.

i shrew, looks like it would just turn into stressed out rush jobs
JasonCal
¯
Member # 12886

quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
I dont like the idea of renting a garage spot by the hour at all. I like to take my time when I wrench on my car and if I was crazy enough to go one of those rent a garage places, a fun job would turn into a stress fest, because my mind would be on the hourly clock ticking away. Stupid idea.
Fuck that shit.

What about use the tools you dont have and alldata also free advise and 2nd opinion all that? You have to look it in different ways

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com