Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tolls on Golden Gate Bridge?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tolls on Golden Gate Bridge?
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought I remembered seeing on the news that they got rid of the toll workers on the Golden Gate Bridge earlier this year. Is FasTrack the only way to pay for the toll fee now? What if I don't want to sign up for that crap?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just drive through they mail you a bill for 6 bucks.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you also have the option to prepay your bridge toll at participating 711s. they have a machine which you can pay the toll put in your car info and you are good to cross for the next 30 days or you can pay 48 hours after you cross.

payment locations
http://batchgeo.com/map/4218650a774cd48c44b07230c6ac0318

hope this helps!

[ 2013-06-13, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Insurance Guy ]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They mail you a bill now.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wonder what they are going to do with rental cars and dealer plates? Going to suck if you cross and your car registration isn't the same as your mailing address. Anyone know if there are going to be added fees for late and non payments? I use a fastrack so I don't have to worry about shit like this but just wondering.
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Paper plates for the win lol

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For rental cars, a bill is sent to the rental car company who then charges your credit car for the toll plus their extra fee (it will be expensive, maybe $20-25).

You can still pre-pay the toll on-line for rental cars to avoid the extra fees from the rental company.

If you don't have (front or rear) plates, you're supposed to pay either before or after you cross. I doubt there will be too many of those.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, thanks for the info guys.
Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com