Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Strut Bar

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Strut Bar
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it really worth it? I've had one on my last two mustangs, just swapped it over but it's constantly in the way, caused me to break my wiper cowl, and I have a daily driver. I track it once in a while but I don't have a super fast car to begin with so I don't feel it's necessary. I'm thinking about just removing it but ill have holes in my towers and firewall...

What do y'all think??

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes I think it's worth it. I had to weld a plate to my cowl to get it to stop cracking. But if it's cracking the cowl it's working. I cracked the brace twice and the cowl once. Welded a nice 1/4 steel plate in and never had a problem with the cowl again.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Yes I think it's worth it. I had to weld a plate to my cowl to get it to stop cracking. But if it's cracking the cowl it's working. I cracked the brace twice and the cowl once. Welded a nice 1/4 steel plate in and never had a problem with the cowl again.

Do you have a pic of the plate you welded in by chance

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
ALMOST STOCK
¯
Member # 10085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALMOST STOCK  Ford pictures for ALMOST STOCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get the maximum motorsports STB it attaches to the pinch weld instead of the firewall and that way you don't have to worry about breaking the cowl.
 -

Posts: 94 | From: Cameron Park, Calif | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
quote:

Sorry I don't. It was just a 3" x 8"x 1/4" steel plate. Nothing fancy.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

what bar did u use? all the ones i ever see are for 86 and up i want one for the 83 capri

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I have a 99-04 so just the plastic cowl...but what is it helping in my daily driving? I don't feel like I drive hard enough to keep the wheels down. Or do I have the wrong understanding of what it's for?

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what bar did u use? all the ones i ever see are for 86 and up i want one for the 83 capri
It was on my 88. It had the small triangle brace.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

dre5.0
¯
Member # 12026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dre5.0  Ford pictures for dre5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maxium motorsports makes strut tower braces for the 79-85 foxes...I think it would work on your capri

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com