Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Alleged Freeway Sideshow Causes Accident

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Alleged Freeway Sideshow Causes Accident
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. —
A toddler was in the hospital Friday night with a broken neck after his mother's car was hit from behind when she stopped suddenly on the freeway because of an alleged sideshow.

The crash occurred Wednesday, March 20 as Jasmine Glenn was driving south on Interstate 880 in San Leandro with her mother and son, when another car suddenly swerved across the road.

Glenn said she and other cars stopped, but a big-rig truck coming up from behind crashed into her Chevy Impala.

"We were driving on the freeway and then (saw) someone go in front of the cars and start doing doughnuts on the freeway," Glenn said.

Her two-year-old son Corey, who was in his car seat at the time of the crash, had to have surgery for a fractured neck and he's now recovering in the intensive care unit at Kaiser Hospital in Oakland.

A photograph of the damage showed the car's roof was crushed into the back passenger area.

"(Corey) was bleeding out his mouth and he wasn't answering me," she said. "I thought he was dead. I thought he and my mom were dead."

Corey was rushed to a hospital that night and released. But later when Glenn took him to another hospital, doctors found a fracture in his neck.

Corey had surgery Wednesday at Kaiser Hospital in Oakland.

"He's up there suffering in so much pain," Glenn said. "Can't move. He's suffering."

The California Highway Patrol said the big-rig driver was at fault for not stopping, but Glenn also faults the person who was doing doughnuts on I-880.

"The highway patrol will investigate those incidents and we will attempt to identify the drivers," said CHP spokesman Sam Morgan.

"The fact that you would even do it on the freeway to me means you don't care, cause it's so dangerous," said Terri Patton, Corey's grandmother. "Doing sideshows on the freeway is not funny. The person that did that almost caused three lives to be gone."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/toddler-suffers-broken-neck-after-sideshow-causes-/nXD68/

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope those dumbfucks land in jail. Poor baby man its sad

--------------------
1966 Mustang

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Babies shouldn't even be driving let alone sideshowin.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope lil man will be allright
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Frown] no more freeway donuts!!! A LA VERGA GUEY!!!!

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BRB 50
¯
Member # 10395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRB 50  Ford pictures for BRB 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope her son is alright, but this story dont sound right.
Posts: 160 | From: es oakland | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
dre5.0
¯
Member # 12026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dre5.0  Ford pictures for dre5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
San Leandro sideshow? Nah
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big rig wasn't paying attention he should always leave enough room I front of him on the freeway to prevent this from happening. But I agree freeway sideshows are dumb ...

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com