Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ca registration question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ca registration question
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got a close friend that just moved back to cali for Atlanta. His 93 coupe was registered out there and he now wants to get it registered out here. Are there any special requirements he has to go through in order to get tags out here other than pass a smog??

--------------------
87 Coupe = stock w/ 500 shot
88 Box chev with a built 496 = coming soon

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
brake and lamp iirc
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no brake and lamp inspection required

just went threw this my self. Just moved back from AZ a couple months ago...Go to dmv tell them just moved back and need to register a car here..They will send you to the back for a VIN check, go back inside get your # wait for it to be called and pay the reg. fees and your good.. bring the title too..Once you get the reg paperwork tell em you need a temp operating permit so you can get the car smogged..Gotta get the car smogged then go back to the dmv and show em your smog stuff and you will get your plates

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
no brake and lamp inspection required

just went threw this my self. Just moved back from AZ a couple months ago...Go to dmv tell them just moved back and need to register a car here..They will send you to the back for a VIN check, go back inside get your # wait for it to be called and pay the reg. fees and your good.. bring the title too..Once you get the reg paperwork tell em you need a temp operating permit so you can get the car smogged..Gotta get the car smogged then go back to the dmv and show em your smog stuff and you will get your plates

Ok good looking out

--------------------

tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT 03 Gt:
brake and lamp iirc

Thats what I told him they may ask for a brake.n lamp inspection

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com